• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tyrann Mathieu Gets Paid.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go...the risk in this deal is all injury and I would have to assume his $40mil is tied to that....he and Brent Grimes have made me re-think the shorter CB has no place in the NFL...the kid can flat out play.
His instincts and tenacity remind me a lot of Polamalu's style of play. The way he flys around is very similar imo.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is a difference maker on the field...IF he can stay healthy, this deal will look like a bargain in two years...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go...the risk in this deal is all injury and I would have to assume his $40mil is tied to that....he and Brent Grimes have made me re-think the shorter CB has no place in the NFL...the kid can flat out play.

You are forgetting one of the top-5 Corners in the NFL in Chris Harris representing the short Corner and that they can dominate in the NFL.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are forgetting one of the top-5 Corners in the NFL in Chris Harris representing the short Corner and that they can dominate in the NFL.

Yep...definitely...not meant to be all inclusive...lol...Grimes played in ATL and I always doubted him so they were just top of mind.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he stays healthy, this is a great contract. The Cardinals have been aggressive for a few years now and they show no signs of letting up. They appear comfortable banking on Honey Badger to stay healthy. I'm a bit more concerned myself...but they should know more than me.
"Great" contract? Wouldn't great imply the Cards got him for a bargin? If you're the honey badger it's a great deal, maybe that's what you were referring too? From the organizations stand point this is just a good deal like most posters are saying. That's not an insult honey badger is a great player. But 40 guarenteed? On a team who's cap tight:scratch: none of us know all the details yet. So speculating this amount of the guarentee has a clause, well is just speculation.
Good signing:suds:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another team would have paid the same or more if he hit the open market.
You're probably right. That's what GMs get paid for. We can only speculate whether or not other teams would offered more per year, less guarenteed? More guarenteed less years...
Still a good signing for the org and of course the fans. After all it's not their $:suds:

Iceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a great deal on both sides. The key (like most of you said) is staying on the field. The guy is a freak of nature. Not only on the field, but with his recovery process after the injuries he has had. Love the story of him and what he has become. The guy does not leave here (Phx) or go on any vacation because he does not want to have any temptation to go back to his old self. Hearing him speak in interviews and his press conference yesterday, he has matured so much. He makes the Cards a SB caliber team with him on the field. He is that much of a difference. Can't wait for this season to start with the amount of talent the Cards have. When Fitz retires, HB will be the new face of the franchise

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a great deal on both sides. The key (like most of you said) is staying on the field. The guy is a freak of nature. Not only on the field, but with his recovery process after the injuries he has had. Love the story of him and what he has become. The guy does not leave here (Phx) or go on any vacation because he does not want to have any temptation to go back to his old self. Hearing him speak in interviews and his press conference yesterday, he has matured so much. He makes the Cards a SB caliber team with him on the field. He is that much of a difference. Can't wait for this season to start with the amount of talent the Cards have. When Fitz retires, HB will be the new face of the franchise
He certainly has become a fan favorite.

Welcome to the boards btw. We need more Cardinal representation. I have seen a few new cards fans lately which is great. Don't be a stranger. :suds:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Great" contract? Wouldn't great imply the Cards got him for a bargin? If you're the honey badger it's a great deal, maybe that's what you were referring too? From the organizations stand point this is just a good deal like most posters are saying. That's not an insult honey badger is a great player. But 40 guarenteed? On a team who's cap tight:scratch: none of us know all the details yet. So speculating this amount of the guarentee has a clause, well is just speculation.
Good signing:suds:
Just saw the selecteddetails Davis posted. I stand by my post. Good for Cards, great for honey

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly has become a fan favorite.

Welcome to the boards btw. We need more Cardinal representation. I have seen a few new cards fans lately which is great. Don't be a stranger. :suds:
Damn that new owner:slaphappy: