• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two men admit guilt in Dodger's stadium attack on Bryan Stow

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,183.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the worst tragedies played out at Dodger Stadium in recent years was recalled in a courtroom just miles away as two men pleaded guilty Thursday to a 2011 assault that left San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow brain damaged and disabled.

The two were immediately sentenced by an angry judge who called them cowards and the sort of people sports fans fear when they go to games.

"You are the biggest nightmare for people who attend public events," Superior Court Judge George Lomeli said as he faced Louis Sanchez and Marvin Norwood across a courtroom crowded with media and members of Stow's family, who wept and denounced the two men.

He noted that Sanchez was smirking during his remarks.

"This is not funny," he snapped at Sanchez, who said he knew that.

Source: ESPN

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw the book at them!!!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of them gets 8 years and the other gets 4 years with credit already for time served. I saw the court video and the Sanchez fellow (the one who got 8 years) was actually smirking. Piece of shit.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope those pieces of shit rot in hell for what they did to Bryan Stow. At the end of the day it is just a damn game and now Stow's life is ruined because he is a rival fan! Utter stupidity at its finest. I also hope Frank McCourt is held liable since this happened when he owned the team and he didnt have adequate security at Dodger Stadium during that time.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys don't deserve to get out of prison. Stow will spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair and having people bathe and feed him. That's a lifetime prison sentence in itself. Keep these animals locked up for life.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 and 4 years doesn't send much of a message. I suspect the Judge is handcuffed by statutory sentencing guidelines, and if so those guidelines are ridiculous. Justice was certainly not served. I hope the Dodgers have, or will, pony up some serious money to help Mr. stow.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 and 4 years doesn't send much of a message. I suspect the Judge is handcuffed by statutory sentencing guidelines, and if so those guidelines are ridiculous. Justice was certainly not served. I hope the Dodgers have, or will, pony up some serious money to help Mr. stow.

Agreed Silas. 8 and 4 years is nothing considering Bryan Stow will be messed up injury wise for the rest of his life. I just dont think the punishment was adequate in that situation. SMH!:lame:

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing is, I'm sure they'll do just fine in prison. (I mean, as "fine" as you can do while you're in prison).