• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Treff's biggest Busts of 2015

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep it coming guys when it comes to college o lines etc. ol Barilko is lost so keep talking and I'll keep learning

Dawg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama oline wasnt that great compare to their oline in the past. Yeldon will be fine, True Bama fan!!!!!

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great write up Treff you know im waiting for some of the annual TREFF such and such lists

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read.
Agree on Murray, Cruz and Blue.

Not with you on Sanders (yet). I keep hearing that noodle-arm Manning, and the Kubiak offense is going to hurt him. Yet WR3 Cody Latimer is a hyped-up sleeper. If there won't be enough passing to keep Sanders busy, then Latimer owners may be wasting a draft pick. Or it's all just smoke and mirrors.

Disagree with Yeldon. Sometimes the best backs are on dismal offenses. Ask AP, Charles, Lynch, and (before he got hurt) Foster. I'm not saying he'll be as great as these guys, but the Jags may have no other choice but to feature the run game in a rebuilding year.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read.
Agree on Murray, Cruz and Blue.

Not with you on Sanders (yet). I keep hearing that noodle-arm Manning, and the Kubiak offense is going to hurt him. Yet WR3 Cody Latimer is a hyped-up sleeper. If there won't be enough passing to keep Sanders busy, then Latimer owners may be wasting a draft pick. Or it's all just smoke and mirrors.

Disagree with Yeldon. Sometimes the best backs are on dismal offenses. Ask AP, Charles, Lynch, and (before he got hurt) Foster. I'm not saying he'll be as great as these guys, but the Jags may have no other choice but to feature the run game in a rebuilding year.
I'm in agreement with ya in principal in the great RB's in bad teams. .problem is, I can't foresee any possible way the Yeldon compares favorably to those types of guys. The special guys are special regardless. ..Yeldon doesn't have anything that makes me say he might be one if those dudes

And I was big on Latimer last year preseason. .when assuming the Donkey's would always be 3-4 wide. I would beg everyone not to draft him this year. .for the same reasons as Sanders, but even more so as the #3. I think anyone lauding him as a big sleeper this year hasn't thought it through just what the Donkey's plan on offense is this year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff I agree that Murray stats are going down by a lot, because he's not going to get the all those carries and that may be the saving grace to escape major injuries this year. I think he end up with numbers similar to what Lacey put up last year, about 1100 yards, which is quite a drop from 1800 yards he put up last year. Still that makes him a valuable back IMO. You already seen Foster go down, I don't see McCoy having a good year and you can bet some other back will get disappoint. I'd use a third round pick on him no problem, a late second round ......depends on who else is available, but I won't rule it out at all. Might even go higher.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff I agree that Murray stats are going down by a lot, because he's not going to get the all those carries and that may be the saving grace to escape major injuries this year. I think he end up with numbers similar to what Lacey put up last year, about 1100 yards, which is quite a drop from 1800 yards he put up last year. Still that makes him a valuable back IMO. You already seen Foster go down, I don't see McCoy having a good year and you can bet some other back will get disappoint. I'd use a third round pick on him no problem, a late second round ......depends on who else is available, but I won't rule it out at all. Might even go higher.
Well, as I mentioned, I'm more of the mind he gets injured and doesn't play a whole lot, more so than him not performing when he does

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as I mentioned, I'm more of the mind he gets injured and doesn't play a whole lot, more so than him not performing when he does

Maybe your right, time will tell. I don't see a major injury coming myself, won't surprise me to see him miss a couple games, but the majority of games I expect to see him playing. We can revisit as the season goes on. :suds:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me add (I think the biggest bust), is Crowell. He hasn't separated himself from West and Duke. And Duke has been nursing a hammy! Now they're looking into Frenchy, Rice and SJax.

Glad I left Browns RBs off my rankings.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me add (I think the biggest bust), is Crowell. He hasn't separated himself from West and Duke. And Duke has been nursing a hammy! Now they're looking into Frenchy, Rice and SJax.

Glad I left Browns RBs off my rankings.
Crowell, ADP, 7.05...yeah that'd qualify, but I stopped after the sixth round

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't taken the time to search through the old posts, but I remember folks on here talking about LeVeon Bell the same way they are talking about Yeldon.
-He's more of a plodder/doesn't have the speed
-Won't be able to make people miss or break tackles at the pro level
-Doesn't have any "special" talent

Like when Bell went to PIT, I just think Yeldon landing in JAX was a good fit. They will give him his chance, and I just think he can easily put up RB2 numbers, which should be good enough in real life to hold down the starter's job. PIT was coming out of the Bettis/Parker era, and seemed to be struggling to find a RB that could stay healthy. Remember that crap squad of like 4 RBs they used to roll with? Mewelde Moore dude that came in on passing downs? They all sucked.
Just seems to me that JAX has something similar cooking, coming out of the Taylor/MJD era, looking for the next 3 down RB, which I think they found.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Peyton Manning is 80% of what he once was this year, I'm guessing Sanders is a nice start as a second receiver in fantasy all year long.

I understand the Kubiak trends, (I don't mean to dismiss them either. It's a more than valid point.) but there are less options for the old man to chuck it to. If it's Brock O under center, Sanders may be borderline ownable. So I'm putting more stock into who is QB than who is in charge of the QB. (Manning is gonna run what he wants to run imo. But if he runs it all year is a seperate issue.)

95% of the rest of your op I'm in agreement with Treff.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add Peyton Manning. He's pushing 40 and just came off the worst six-game stretch of his career.

I still expect greatness the first month or two, but I think it will be ugly for him come December.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna pick a crazy one. Justin Forsett. I think everyone catches up to him this year. :crazy:

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna pick a crazy one. Justin Forsett. I think everyone catches up to him this year. :crazy:
Say it ain't so. He has been a favorite of mine this year.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forsett was a monster this year and Trestman will help his production. Forsett has only ever really been the first option once so it wouldnt shock me to see him get replaced at some point.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
400+ touch backs have done fine the next year. It's a tough position to go back to back anyway. A lot of the drop off has been overstated.

Now that's not to say Murray will stay healthy. He's always been injury prone and I had Joe Randle on most my teams last year because I've always thought that about Murray. But predicting injuries is mostly a fools game. He's in a great situation in Philly. If you are scared of him I'd just grab Mathews as well rather than ignoring him all together. Wish my leagues weren't mostly Eagles fans. He could be great value as a top 3 back grabbed in the 10-15 range.