• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Treff's 2013 WR Rankings

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, here's the big one..easily the hardest position to rank, and the easiest to get DEAD effin WRONG! And as evidenced be AverageJoe's chart in the RB's rankings, also the one that probably means the least between tiers..very slight drops off's after the gap from elite to near elite is crossed.

1. AJ Green
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Dez Bryant
4. Julio Jones
5. Demaryious Thomas
6. Brandon Marshall
7. Andre Johnson
8. Roddy White
9. Larry Fitzgerald
10. Randall Cobb
11. Vincent Jackson
12. Percy Harvin
13. James Jones
14. Victor Cruz
15. Marques Colston
16. Reggie Wayne
17. Pierre Garcon
18. Jordy nelson
19. Wes Welker
20. Dwayne Bowe
21. Steve Smith
22. Eric Decker
23. Hakeem Nicks
24. Torrey Smith
25. Steve Johnson
26. TY Hilton
27. Anquan Boldin
28. Mike Wallace
29. Cecil Shorts
30. Kenny Britt
31. Antonio Brown
32. Mike Williams
33. Greg Jennings
34. Danario Alexander
35. Danny Amendola
36. Jeremy Maclin
37. Miles Austin
38. Desean jackson
39. Tavon Austin
40. Andrew Hawkins
41. Justin Blackmon
42. Chris Givens
43. Josh Gordon
44. Emmanuel Sanders
45. Ryan Broyles
46. Aaron Dobson
47. Lance Moore
48. Sidney Rice
49. Donnie Avery
50. Denarious Moore
51. Alshon Jeffery
52. Malcolm Floyd
53. DeAndre hopkins
54. Coradelle Patterson
55. Golden Tate
56. Micheal Floyd
57. Santonio Holmes
58. Jacoby Jones
59. Vincent Brown
60. AJ Jenkins
61. Brain Quick
62. Andre Roberts
63. Brian Hartline
64. Leonard Hankerson
65. Kendall Wright
66. Rod Streater
67. Rueben Rnadle
68. Joe Morgan
69. Greg Little
70. Mohamed Sanu
71. Devone Bess
72. Brandon Lafell
73. Terrance Williams
74. Darrius Heyward-Bey
75. Nate Burleson
76. T.J. Graham
77. Justin Hunter
78. Dexter McCluster
79. Nate Washington
80. Robert Woods

So, let's get this out of the way..Megatron vs AJ Green..yes I realize Megatron is a freak..he's been my favorite WR for five years now, but I think AJ Green is ready to take his place alongside of, if not in front of Calvin. Either way, you've got one of the best two WR's, no arguments. Dez Bryant is also looking ready to join them, although I want to give him one more year before I'm ready to proclaim him in that same status. But still, exceptional talent, who just might have finally grown up a little. Julio Jones at #4, hey if the Falcons ever develop a killer instinct, JOnes will just explode all over the place. But seeing as how they consistently like to ease off the gas when up by two scores, he'll have to remain just "great" #5 I know will cause some discussion. Namely, the whole Welker impact on the Broncos receivers. I am of the opinion that all of Welker's targets will come from whatever Stokley left behind, plus about half of what used to go to TE's, along with a big chunk of what used to be Eric Deckers. Demaryious Thomas doesn't run hardly any of the same style of routes, rarely gets the ball inside of ten yards out (outside of bubble screens, where he's a nightmare btw), so there's no reason to think that Welker's presence will negatively impact Thomas's targets..however..the impact Welker will have on Thomas is that at some point they'll have to have a safety sneaking up to help contain Wellker, which will even further open up the downfield routes, where Thomas will shine even brighter than last season. There, I've said my peace on Thomas v Welker. Brandon marshall, the guy is just a beast, especially now that he has Cutler back, PPR leagues, he's probably near the same category as AJ and Clavin, standard I put him a couple notches lower, because I don't think the Bears score enough TD's. I know this upset a few Bears fans having him this "low"..but you can't tell me the guys I've got in front of him aren't just as deserving. this is the point where I feel the elite WR's end, and the second tier begins Andre Johnson at seven, I as THIS close to writing him off after about the halfway point of last season, then he just won a few games for the Texans all on his own..the guy still has it. Roddy White, you can't find a much more consistent threat. He'll rarely blow you away, but he's almost guaranteed 8-12 points regardless of opponent, and with Julius blowing the top off, and Tony G clearing the middle, lots of room for Roddy to work his magic. #9, Larry Fitzgerald, the best WR in the game many will say, I would probably agree, but than quickly add, but he has no QB. Well, his QB is still suspect, but it's a helluva an improvement from John Skelton and Kevin Kolb, and the janitor that they ran out there once or twice. Hopefully he'll re-enter elite status at some point before he's too old to do it. Finally, #10, Randall Cobb. now even Packer fans don't know who their #1 receiver is. If you ask Aaron Rodgers, I'm sure he'd say whichever one is open. But for my money, I'm going with the explosive Cobb, not only is he lighting quick, creating great separation with his cuts, but the guy is pure electric after the catch, not to mention top class speed to boot.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sum bitch..I forgot Julian Edleman, somewhere in the late sixties..damnit..oh well, such is life!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good list. Lots of tough calls in the top 20. What to do with Fitz? How good will Harvin be? What happened to Victor Cruz down the stretch last year?

The one top 20 player I do not agree with is Wayne. He really fell off in the second half last season as Hilton began to emerge. I would rank Wayne right in the Stevie Johnson/Hilton neighborhood. A changing of the guard appears under way in Indy.

There are a few guys outside of the top 30 that I like more than you, but otherwise, this is outstanding work.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, here's the big one..easily the hardest position to rank, and the easiest to get DEAD effin WRONG

amen to that! -- good stuff Treff... can't see me going that deep, which is why I applaud you even more.

...not sure if I have the marbles to leave Megatron anywhere but the top though.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oof. My eyes glaze just looking at that behemoth. Solid work.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya know after 20-25...anyone in the next 20 or so spots are interchangeable..and from like 50 on??? may as well flip a coin.

But..somewhere in the 50-80, is the guy that will turn your team around after 4 games. Seems like it happens every year. My money is on Jenkins or Terrance Williams

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
amen to that! -- good stuff Treff... can't see me going that deep, which is why I applaud you even more.

...not sure if I have the marbles to leave Megatron anywhere but the top though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Treff where the .'/,.[]; did u find that.. thats funny

great list by the way ill see what i can dream up..the synopsis is a solid read once again

nice work....:yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff where the .'/,.[]; did u find that.. thats funny

great list by the way ill see what i can dream up..the synopsis is a solid read once again

nice work....:yahoo:

I think you could find a video of a Bigfoot searching for Nessie if you search youtube long enough..knowing the movie so well, this one was easy

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#10, Randall Cobb. now even Packer fans don't know who their #1 receiver is. If you ask Aaron Rodgers, I'm sure he'd say whichever one is open. But for my money, I'm going with the explosive Cobb, not only is he lighting quick, creating great separation with his cuts, but the guy is pure electric after the catch, not to mention top class speed to boot.

Treff, you are not the only one to pick Cobb high. In fact, I believe Barilko has him at number 7. I hesitate to rank him this high based on several factors...

1) As you mentioned, not even the Packers fans (and I know many personally) do not even know which of the 3 WR will emerge as the #1 guy. Many believe it will be Jordy Nelson. The unknown of this fact has to bump Cobb down a few pegs.

2) Was Greg Jennings a great WR for the Pack? Of course he was. Even so, he NEVER eclipsed the 1300 yard mark. Came close twice. But for Cobb to be ranked as high as Treff and Barilko and others have him, he'd have to be BETTER than Jennings ever was, since only 8 of 10 WR broke the 1300 yard threshold last season.

3) Peerless Price. My favorite fantasy argument. If you're too young to remember Price, he was a great WR2 for Buffalo in the Jim Kelly era. Then he got the chance to start as the WR1 when he went to Atlanta. Fail. Couldn't separate from double-coverage. Put up worse fantasy numbers as a WR1 than when he was a WR2. Will this happen to Cobb? It might.

Bottom line is my confidence rating in Cobb is low. I like him. But too many uncertainties. Especially compared with other solid options at WR. Just my 2 cents.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3) Peerless Price. My favorite fantasy argument. If you're too young to remember Price, he was a great WR2 for Buffalo in the Jim Kelly era. Then he got the chance to start as the WR1 when he went to Atlanta. Fail. Couldn't separate from double-coverage. Put up worse fantasy numbers as a WR1 than when he was a WR2. Will this happen to Cobb? It might.
It's amazing how fantasy geeks such as us remember some of this stuff but yes Joe I do remember Price and the price a lot of owners paid for him. If we sat here and thought about it we could probably come up with 20-30 dudes that would fall into that catagory (LRobinson last year?). Great work TREFF!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff, you are not the only one to pick Cobb high. In fact, I believe Barilko has him at number 7. I hesitate to rank him this high based on several factors...

1) As you mentioned, not even the Packers fans (and I know many personally) do not even know which of the 3 WR will emerge as the #1 guy. Many believe it will be Jordy Nelson. The unknown of this fact has to bump Cobb down a few pegs.

2) Was Greg Jennings a great WR for the Pack? Of course he was. Even so, he NEVER eclipsed the 1300 yard mark. Came close twice. But for Cobb to be ranked as high as Treff and Barilko and others have him, he'd have to be BETTER than Jennings ever was, since only 8 of 10 WR broke the 1300 yard threshold last season.

Bottom line is my confidence rating in Cobb is low. I like him. But too many uncertainties. Especially compared with other solid options at WR. Just my 2 cents.

Peerles Price?? Pfft...he's not even my favorite example of this...Alvin Harper..yea I'm plenty old enough ;)

I just see Cobb as an exceptionally dynamic talent, and never thought Greg Jennings was anything real special to begin..in fact, other than as a Free Agent pickup his rookie year, I've never, ever drafted him, in any league.