• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Rumor

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Eklund, for discussion purposes only:

On Kadri...

The Penguins want to make a trade, but not for a rental, and I have been told by two sources in the last 36 hours that the Pens and Hawks are both making "the most intriguing offers" for Kadri. Both teams have plenty to deal from for the Leafs....

Would you want him for the 2C spot? What would you be willing to give up?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're gonna have to move a fair amount to pry Kadri from the Leafs. Know they want a top line Center+ in return. Doubt anybody gives them that price.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're gonna have to move a fair amount to pry Kadri from the Leafs. Know they want a top line Center+ in return. Doubt anybody gives them that price.

Don't forget the Leafs are well known for ruining someone's trade value before running them out of town. Wouldn't be surprised if some team got Kadri for a 2nd or 3rd round pick when it's all said & done.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget the Leafs are well known for ruining someone's trade value before running them out of town. Wouldn't be surprised if some team got Kadri for a 2nd or 3rd round pick when it's all said & done.

That is true, but with Burke the hell out of there, think they will get a fair price for Kadri. I mean he was a top 6 pick in the 09 draft, if he keeps it all together, he is one hell of a talent.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he's a great talent, but so was Grabovski. IDK, I think in theory the Leafs could get a lot in return for Kadri, but they'll blow it, knowing the Leafs.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that Ladd for Bickell and Teuvo sure sounded like too much. Teuvo might be the next Datsyuk. Any team willing to give Pirri and Morin legitimate shots to play could get a steal, we will just keep using filler old guys every year to try to get to the finals again.

Pirri, Morin and picks should be able to get pretty much anyone being dangled.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that Ladd for Bickell and Teuvo sure sounded like too much. Teuvo might be the next Datsyuk. Any team willing to give Pirri and Morin legitimate shots to play could get a steal, we will just keep using filler old guys every year to try to get to the finals again.

I feel ya, my Pens are doing the same thing with Simon Despres. Ruining his trade value and assuring that whatever team trades for him will get a steal. You would think these teams would be smart enough to play these prospects in order to increase their trade values, but apparently it's more important to play the overpaid vets.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ehhh Tuevo is hit or miss, I like him, think he has a ton of upside, not sure if he can be like Datsyuk, but he could be a good top 6 player.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel ya, my Pens are doing the same thing with Simon Despres. Ruining his trade value and assuring that whatever team trades for him will get a steal. You would think these teams would be smart enough to play these prospects in order to increase their trade values, but apparently it's more important to play the overpaid vets.

I think the way Q plays the prospects, its better for this team to leave them as prospects in rockford. One of his period long benchings and subsequent bus rides back to rockford cant do much but lower their value. Leaving them in finland is a way to keep that from happening at least.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jagr is an incredible passer, dont know where you put him though. He is definitely not a third line player, but putting him with Bickell would probably get Bickell plenty more scoring chances. The Toews Hossa Sharp line has been intact all season, it will probably be different come playoffs. I think the only thing going for the hawks getting him is he likes new jersey and coming here would probably give new jersey a better chance of getting value for him and resigning him next season because they are probably guaranteed the hawks dont resign him. Seems they want a first round pick and would prefer dealing with someone that will be higher up than the hawks.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the solution to the Hawks second line center problem. Move Sharp to center and move Saad to Sharp's left wing spot on the first line.

Sharp's played center before. And he's pretty good at the dot winning faceoffs.

Done!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the solution to the Hawks second line center problem. Move Sharp to center and move Saad to Sharp's left wing spot on the first line.

Sharp's played center before. And he's pretty good at the dot winning faceoffs.

Done!

Agree completely. Been beating that horse myself for the past 3 years.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess this was a minor deal, but Minnesota got us a good one with Leddy, Maybe getting this D man in rockford might cover Clen making up to the big club and giving Leddy a steady partner.

Blackhawks acquire Brian Connelly from Minnesota - Chicago Blackhawks - News

The Chicago Blackhawks announced today that they have acquired defenseman Brian Connelly from the Minnesota Wild in exchange for forward Brad Winchester. Connelly will report directly to the Rockford IceHogs of the American Hockey League. He previously spent parts of four seasons with the IceHogs from 2009 to 2012.
Connelly, 27, has appeared in 50 games this season with the AHL’s Iowa Wild, leading the team in points (32) and assists (27). He also ranks second among team defensemen in goals (5) and power play goals (3).

The Bloomington, Minn., native has tallied 213 points (32g, 181a) in 343 career AHL games with Rockford, Abbotsford, Houston and Iowa. He has played in the AHL All-Star Game twice (2010-11, 2011-12) and was named to the AHL’s Second All-Star Team following the 2011-12 campaign.

Prior to his professional career, Connelly appeared in 114 career games with Colorado College from 2006 to 2009, posting 63 points (8g, 55a) during that span.

Winchester, 32, has recorded 30 points (16g, 14a) in 55 games this season with Rockford. He was signed by the Blackhawks as a free agent on July 24, 2013

I tink we might see that Sharp move if nobody steps up. You read the other article on Kaner,

Blackhawks' Patrick Kane senses better days ahead - Chicago Blackhawks - News

They realize that kane makes just about everyone better, but getting him a consistent center man partner might start a new winning streak. They should give Regin a solid chance with Kane, tonite will be the first game they play together since Kaner took that last game off for the wake and funeral.

Dont forget, eastern time tonight.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Connelly making a difference. I don't even see Connelly making it up to the Hawks.

Strictly an AHL acquisition. He's been at Rockford before with the Ice Hogs...and they get a younger player.

If the Hawks are making a defenseman move...which I'm pretty sure they are NOT...then Adam Clendening...you're table is set.

Maybe see Clendening compete for a slot next year, but the way Q trusts young players, it won't matter if he's Bobby Orr, he won't make the team.

I'm hoping Rozsival and Brookbank are done after this season. And Leddy still might be trade bait after this year.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that Ryan Kessler of the Canucks might be available. Wow, would love to see him in a Hawks uniform between Kane and Saad.

His cap hit is about $5 million but maybe they can find a way for the Canucks to eat some of his salary.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that Ryan Kessler of the Canucks might be available. Wow, would love to see him in a Hawks uniform between Kane and Saad.

His cap hit is about $5 million but maybe they can find a way for the Canucks to eat some of his salary.

Wow. Just can't see the Canucks moving him to such a major rival.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Connelly making a difference. I don't even see Connelly making it up to the Hawks.

Strictly an AHL acquisition. He's been at Rockford before with the Ice Hogs...and they get a younger player.

If the Hawks are making a defenseman move...which I'm pretty sure they are NOT...then Adam Clendening...you're table is set.

Maybe see Clendening compete for a slot next year, but the way Q trusts young players, it won't matter if he's Bobby Orr, he won't make the team.

I'm hoping Rozsival and Brookbank are done after this season. And Leddy still might be trade bait after this year.

Thats all I meant, Clendening has got to like the fact someone is there to fill his spot.

I dont think they will trade leddy, they have to know he is the only guy with a different partner every game. I think Oduya goes before Leddy

well, st louis just got alot stronger. I liked Halat in goal, but Miller is so much more consistent. These first playoff rounds just got alot tougher.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs will be ridiculous this year. No longer are the teams seeded 1-8 according to conference standings. It will be 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 within the division.

Which all of that means is that the Hawks will most likely face Colorado in the first series and then St. Louis in the second. Probably the roughest of the four divisions.

Of course, if the Hawks somehow win the division, they will face the #4 seed...either the fourth place finisher in the Central of the Wild Card from out west. But, I really don't see the Hawks overtaking the Blues in the standings.

And we still need to find a really good scoring second line center. And Regin isn't it.