• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade ideas

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Since we are all boo hooing lets have our annual "your stupid" for thinking that thread, with trade ideas.

I'm thinking Setoguchi and Huskins for Eric Johnson out of St Louis

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Since we are all boo hooing lets have our annual "your stupid" for thinking that thread, with trade ideas.

I'm thinking Setoguchi and Huskins for Eric Johnson out of St Louis

You ask for EJ from St. Louis and the first words out of their mouths will be either Logan Couture or Joe Pavelski.

I wouldn't mind Dan Girardi from the Rangers but they don't make a good trading partner as they are looking for help at center as well.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade ideas I'd do, but probably wouldn't happen for one reason or another:

To NAS: M.E. Vlasic, D. Setoguchi, A. Niemi, N. Petrecki and a 2011 1st and 2nd Round Pick
To SJ: S. Weber, J. Ward and a 3rd Rounder

(Nashville is not going to trade their Captain and they're already in contract negotiations with Weber for an extension)

To PHO: D. Setoguchi and a 2010 1st Rounder
To SJ: K. Yandle and S. Upshall

(Division rivals wouldn't make a trade like this most likely)

Otherwise, I'm with Cmon, if the trade isn't going to make us better in the future (i.e. - a good young defenseman), then let's just stand pat and see how Demers and Braun pan out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You ask for EJ from St. Louis and the first words out of their mouths will be either Logan Couture or Joe Pavelski.

I wouldn't mind Dan Girardi from the Rangers but they don't make a good trading partner as they are looking for help at center as well.

Really Girardi? I've never thought much of him. I'd almost rather see them take a chance on Del Zotto, but he may be to much like Dan Boyle and they don't need another puck carrying defenseman.

But looking at Girardis stats, maybe thats not a bad idea. Gaborik needs help so maybe sending Seto the other way would be a good idea

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Really Girardi? I've never thought much of him. I'd almost rather see them take a chance on Del Zotto, but he may be to much like Dan Boyle and they don't need another puck carrying defenseman.

But looking at Girardis stats, maybe thats not a bad idea. Gaborik needs help so maybe sending Seto the other way would be a good idea

I think Girardi would be a good complimentary partner for Boyle. He's really a defensive dman but has very good mobility and he can move the puck pretty well. Not to mention he's a heck of a shot blocker.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Girardi would be a good complimentary partner for Boyle. He's really a defensive dman but has very good mobility and he can move the puck pretty well. Not to mention he's a heck of a shot blocker.

Yeah any dman who can make the long pass and the quick out pass would make this team sooo much better.

Sounds like Girardi is a well balanced dman to bad dwill doesnt look for those