• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline Rumors Discussion

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call these guys barely top 10. Both of the major prospects coming back would be top 5 in at least half of the farm systems out there. But they are not "elite" talent. You usually don't get back "elite" talent for guys like Prado & Parra.

Both Parra & Prado have weaknesses & are at their best when they are part of a winning team. But on a losing rebuilding team, their talents aren't worth as much & their weaknesses stand out more.

You don't get elite talent for justin upton? That is where we are at right now. We have watered down a trade of a superstar to potentially a above average prospect, a young upcoming infielder and two mediocre players. That deal with Seattle would have been far greater with even less pieces. He'll, nick franklin, who should be in a dbacks uniform along with one of their top pitching prospects, is going to put up good numbers with the rays.Thanks just for nixing it...

Very few decisions have worked out for Towers so far. I believe he milked these deals for the best return possible but unfortunately, it is not always the best.

Does this mean that trumbo is gone at some point since we now have a "stud" coming up in the outfield? The future rotation of peralta, pollack and haniger?

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect to see lamb or Drury called up in September after this move! If not, we frankly don't care about featuring our upcoming talent.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The market was flooded with relievers but I am slightly surprised nobody was dealt. I figured Perez or Ziegler would be gone.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get elite talent for justin upton? That is where we are at right now. We have watered down a trade of a superstar to potentially a above average prospect, a young upcoming infielder and two mediocre players. That deal with Seattle would have been far greater with even less pieces. He'll, nick franklin, who should be in a dbacks uniform along with one of their top pitching prospects, is going to put up good numbers with the rays.Thanks just for nixing it...

Very few decisions have worked out for Towers so far. I believe he milked these deals for the best return possible but unfortunately, it is not always the best.

Does this mean that trumbo is gone at some point since we now have a "stud" coming up in the outfield? The future rotation of peralta, pollack and haniger?

You are jumping from one trade to another. You can't use MLB math on 2 different trades. The Upton trade involved other parts. We didn't get back "elite" talent for him, that is undeniable. But we did get back many good parts & an everyday good player in Prado. But expecting "elite" talent to come back in a trade for just Prado, to simply put it, is wishful thinking.

Trumbo has only 2 years of arb left. it's safe to say that unless he starts hitting HR(s) at a great rate again, he won't be here for 2016. I'd be surprised if Ross isn't released before 2015. That likely leaves open an OF spot for next season & 2 for 2016. Not accounting for injuries.

The Mariners deal didn't happen because Upton blocked the trade, if I remembered correctly.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those ranking are much higher than I have seen. I heard both deals consisted of players barely inside the top ten of each teams respective farm system. I guess we will wait and see. KT has chucked in all his marbles and will go down with such.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was just the non-waiver trade deadline. There is a still a chance Hill, Perez & others could be gone by the waiver trade deadline at the end of august. BP arms become more valuable to teams in the post season hunt but have less suitors at the waiver trade deadline.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are jumping from one trade to another. You can't use MLB math on 2 different trades. The Upton trade involved other parts. We didn't get back "elite" talent for him, that is undeniable. But we did get back many good parts & an everyday good player in Prado. But expecting "elite" talent to come back in a trade for just Prado, to simply put it, is wishful thinking.

Trumbo has only 2 years of arb left. it's safe to say that unless he starts hitting HR(s) at a great rate again, he won't be here for 2016. I'd be surprised if Ross isn't released before 2015. That likely leaves open an OF spot for next season & 2 for 2016. Not accounting for injuries.

The Mariners deal didn't happen because Upton blocked the trade, if I remembered correctly.

He did. I just hate seeing us get rid of good players for this reason or that and not get something compatible in return. I would like to be on the winning side again soon! Hopefully theses deals work out for the team.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see us trade for some pitching such as a tommy Milone from the As.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to 2014, both hitting prospects we got back were considered the best hitters in their prospective farm systems.

O`Brien struggled this season but still managed to hit 33 HR(s) in A+ & AA. The issue I see is that he has no full time position & will likely transition to LF now in our system since 1B is occupied till 2020.

Haniger has a plus arm but needs to get more consistent with the bat.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did. I just hate seeing us get rid of good players for this reason or that and not get something compatible in return. I would like to be on the winning side again soon! Hopefully theses deals work out for the team.

Personally, I think we won the Kennedy trade. Even though Kennedy has pitched well in SD, we got back Stites, Marcus Wilson(Padres 2014 competitive balance pick), Joey Krehbiel(Thatcher to LA), & Zach Borenstein(Thatcher to LA).

We lost the Parker & Bauer trades. The Upton & Skaggs trades are still too early to tell but leaning towards them being a loss.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly, Tommy Milone was traded. This has been an active trade deadline.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly, Tommy Milone was traded. This has been an active trade deadline.

Damn, I see that now. He was traded for garbage in Sam Fuld. Fuld was waived by Oakland earlier in the season. So Oak got nothing for him? Wow. We couldn't offer up anything better than nothing?

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On O`Brien, KT & La Russa have said that he will be a catcher in out system. If he shows he can catch, I can see him Platooning with Miggy in 2015. The Yankees were flush with catching talent & moved him to 1B/OF/DH.

Put him Reno to catch & see if his bat can continue to rake bombs.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I see that now. He was traded for garbage in Sam Fuld. Fuld was waived by Oakland earlier in the season. So Oak got nothing for him? Wow. We couldn't offer up anything better than nothing?

This pisses me off more than anything. The DBacks could have had Milone for a bag of peanuts.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My initial reaction to our trade deadline haul.

q53fr.gif