• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Capital from Miami

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not concerned about losing Tua. There are 3-4 other QB's fins can grab. Tua is good, but is injury liability. If he is there at 5, sure I would take him, but wouldn't give up the other two 1st round picks and their high 2nd rounder just to move up three spots. It just doesn't add up IMO.

Assuming Burrow goes #1. There is a big drop in talent after Tua. Unless you think Herbert is just as good as or equal to Tua.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming the Dolphins trade up to #2 what will it cost the Dolphins? Well if we use the RG3 trade when we were at #6 and moved to #2 we gave up the swap plus 2 first round picks and a 2nd. So now in 2020 for the Dolphins to move up they would have to do the swap and give us #18, #26, and a 2nd rounder. Will Miami give this up?

Now when the Eagles move up from #8 to #2 to get Wentz they gave up the swap, a first the following year, a 2nd two years from the trade, a 3rd and 4th the same year as the trade. But the eagles got back a 4th the next year. Eagles made out like Bandits for moving up 6 slots for a QB. So now in 2020 if the Dolphins use this model. The Dolphins would only give up a 1st next year, a 3rd and 4th this year and a 2nd two years from now but we get back a 4th in 2021. That's crazy if we accept this.

What do you guys think is fair trade compensation if the Dolphins move up to #2? If the Dolphins offer what we gave the Rams for Rg3 do we have to take it? What if they offer #5,18,26 and a 2nd in 2021?

Thoughts?

According to this:

2020 NFL Trade Value Chart

Their 5th and 18th = your 2nd.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Burrow goes #1. There is a big drop in talent after Tua. Unless you think Herbert is just as good as or equal to Tua.

Dolphins have needs at OL that need to be addressed and a few other areas. I would actually be OK with them looking at Hurts or Fromm in second or third. Love may drop there too as well as Eason. The price is too high to move up three spots

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but if there are other teams involved like the Chargers. It could go higher.

Oh ya, if multiple teams really wants to move up, you can make em pay a premium for sure.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins have needs at OL that need to be addressed and a few other areas. I would actually be OK with them looking at Hurts or Fromm in second or third. Love may drop there too as well as Eason. The price is too high to move up three spots

Cmon man. If they don't trade up they will take a QB #5. Whether its Tua or Herbert. Do you really see them keeping all there draft choices this year?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ya, if multiple teams really wants to move up, you can make em pay a premium for sure.

I figured that the Dolphins have so many draft choices they can afford to overpay. I just don't see them keeping all there picks this year.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon man. If they don't trade up they will take a QB #5. Whether its Tua or Herbert. Do you really see them keeping all there draft choices this year?

Maybe not, but what is laid out here, it would be insane to give up 2 1st rounders and a high second to move up three spots.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not, but what is laid out here, it would be insane to give up 2 1st rounders and a high second to move up three spots.

It's been done many times when a team wants that player badly enough

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its the same move the Skins did for RG3. A little less with the Wentz move.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t foolish at all. Norman wasn’t worth the money and 12 million on the bench is not worth it.

Next years money will be there, but if we get rid of RK, we have 12 million more for next year. Last year, RK was just as worthless as Norman.

We have more to roll over if we get rid of RK. What is the actual value of RK sitting on the bench?
He will be
Playing. And what is foolish is bringing out the blind love card as a wAy of dismissing a point . Trade or cut RK if you are going after a needed piece, however to claim we need rollover space when we end up at the same place anyway In 2021 isn’t a real point at all

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's foolish skinsdad. IF you think we are not going anywhere this season, then why keep him? Take the draft pick whether its a 3rd or 4th rounder. Should have been gone last year when the Colts were interested but Allen blew it.
Again I said trade him for the right piece ,no issue with that but trotting our the “blind love “ card when your debating points don’t hold up is foolish . That is what my being foolish comment is all about . If we can get that type of piece or a quality player then go for it but don’t trot out a 5th or 6th or worse and call that great . A 4th is lame as well .

I wonder just how many of these young guys are going to commit to a team if one of the faces of the franchise is discarded after one injury filled lack luster season .

almost every ex redskin has said the team has treated them like crap but you call for a culture change ? But you advocate business as usual

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be
Playing. And what is foolish is bringing out the blind love card as a wAy of dismissing a point . Trade or cut RK if you are going after a needed piece, however to claim we need rollover space when we end up at the same place anyway In 2021 isn’t a real point at all

What point did I dismiss with the blind love card?

Here were the points you have made.

1- RK can be a role model. I never disputed that; however, I countered that with the expense of a 12 million dollar role model. I called that foolish.

2- You then countered with we will still have next year’s money and RK will be off the books. I countered that with if we get rid of RK, we will have 12 million more than if we don’t.

So my questions for you are now, do you dispute these points?

1- If we draft Young, will RK be a backup to Sweat and Young?

2- Is 12 million an insanely high price for a backup DE?

3- If we trade or cut RK, will we not have 12 million more dollars in cap space, either this season or next, and isn’t that 12 million more dollars available to this team?

So if you answered yes to all those questions, the only reason to keep him is blind love or loyalty.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What point did I dismiss with the blind love card?

Here were the points you have made.

1- RK can be a role model. I never disputed that; however, I countered that with the expense of a 12 million dollar role model. I called that foolish.

2- You then countered with we will still have next year’s money and RK will be off the books. I countered that with if we get rid of RK, we will have 12 million more than if we don’t.

So my questions for you are now, do you dispute these points?

1- If we draft Young, will RK be a backup to Sweat and Young?

2- Is 12 million an insanely high price for a backup DE?

3- If we trade or cut RK, will we not have 12 million more dollars in cap space, either this season or next, and isn’t that 12 million more dollars available to this team?

So if you answered yes to all those questions, the only reason to keep him is blind love or loyalty.

Why would Kerrigan be a backup to either player? Sweat had 7 sacks in a full year. Kerrigan had 5.5 in an injury plagued year. Without injuries you do not thing Kerrigan surpasses that? We have no clue how good Young will be if drafted. Hopefully he'll be all we have heard.

Do you think the team is only going to use two DEs all year. No rotation? They rotated at OLB last year and the interior line.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Kerrigan be a backup to either player? Sweat had 7 sacks in a full year. Kerrigan had 5.5 in an injury plagued year. Without injuries you do not thing Kerrigan surpasses that? We have no clue how good Young will be if drafted. Hopefully he'll be all we have heard.

Do you think the team is only going to use two DEs all year. No rotation? They rotated at OLB last year and the interior line.

12M for a rotation De when we can use Allen as a rotational DE. I don't think so. I would take the draft pick right now. If we draft Young.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t foolish at all. Norman wasn’t worth the money and 12 million on the bench is not worth it.

Next years money will be there, but if we get rid of RK, we have 12 million more for next year. Last year, RK was just as worthless as Norman.

We have more to roll over if we get rid of RK. What is the actual value of RK sitting on the bench?
Wait what? There's a rollover of unused cap space? Or did I misinterpret what you said? If that's true, it's new to me. :scratch:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I truly like this. You are asking good questions. Let me see if I can answer them.

Young, if drafted, will immediately be thrust into the starting line up by sheer athletic gifts. He is guaranteed to pressure QBs at an extremely high rate and make the plays. He is NFL ready.

Sweat, on the other hand is a better question. First off, he was asked to play stand up for the first time in his life. That being said, he finished the season strong and improved throughout the season. He is also an athletic freak. We inv3sted a first and second round pick in him and will be given every chance. RK is an aging player who has been good for us but is in no way a future player on this team.

RK would have easily had more sacks than he posted last season if healthy. He wasn’t and he is aging. Sacks also don’t show how ineffective he was in his entire game.

Obviously we will have backups but not necessarily a rotation. The entire point is 12 million is too much for a backup.