• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Torn about the playoffs

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad not wanting to root for the Cards, but part of me doesn't. I do think they could pull off a win against Carolina, but what would be the point? This could result in Ryan Lindley going back to Seattle.

I want to see Seattle challenged, not given a cake-walk to the NFC Championship. They haven't played a Top 15 QB in like 11 weeks and it just seems wrong getting Ryan Lindley in the playoffs (heck, it seems wrong Ryan Lindley is even in the playoffs). With their luck, Aaron Rodgers will probably be injured during the Packers victory.

Go Cards?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Detroit wins they go to Seattle for the divisional ...

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a little bit of a soft spot for the Cards, from the days that Warner was with the team, so I hope they do well.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad not wanting to root for the Cards, but part of me doesn't. I do think they could pull off a win against Carolina, but what would be the point? This could result in Ryan Lindley going back to Seattle.

I want to see Seattle challenged, not given a cake-walk to the NFC Championship. They haven't played a Top 15 QB in like 11 weeks and it just seems wrong getting Ryan Lindley in the playoffs (heck, it seems wrong Ryan Lindley is even in the playoffs). With their luck, Aaron Rodgers will probably be injured during the Packers victory.

Go Cards?

Good luck to the Cards. Hope they can make it further into the playoffs. Lindley didn't look too bad playing against the 49ers, but then again with Craig Dahl playing free safety and having 3rd string and practice squad players in the secondary even Geno Smith might have looked pretty good against us.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we win at least one playoff game. The longer you're in, the longer you are relevant. We may have no chance at going all the way due to injuries, but you know Arians won't let em' go down without swinging.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogie: I said "could" go to Seattle.

I remember when the Super Bowl cards were in the playoffs. I was so amped, went to every playoff game (including the SB), and knew they could do damage. This year feels so different. I will be watching just waiting for the wheels to fall off rather than planning for a trip to Tampa (or Glendale)

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whats its worth. Greg Cosell was on our local radio station and his ralk switched from the 49ers to Lindley. He thought Lindleys accuracy and overall play has improved. He also basically said Carolina plays a vanilla pass defense. Not confusing for QB.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindley definitely showed improvement (although well-noted against a Defense not playing all their starters), but he's still Ryan Lindley. He went from a 1 to a 2 out of 10. What shocked us was the two nice TD drives he engineered...it made a lot of us forget the 3 awful INTs, one of which turned the table on the game for us. SF could have had two more but dropped them.

Niners were Seattle's best friend this year and AZ's worst enemy. We needed SF to beat SEA once and lose a meaningless game against AZ. Did none of these. Thanks for nothin!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go Cards?

It seems wrong that Lindley is even on an NFL roster, but dude, stop complaining. Your team is in the playoffs and still has a shot at the ultimate prize. It looks unlikely, but you never know.

DweeberAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 928.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get past the Panthers and who knows what happens. We were not in the playoffs last year, or the year before and...

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really complaining (maybe a little). I'm happy they are in the playoffs, but I'm also being realistic. If I was a fan of any other team but AZ I could hype myself up that they could go all the way...but Ryan Lindley has a way of crushing the dreams of even the biggest homer fans.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I think Lindley is (and would have been) in for the long haul. Logan Thomas sucked in college, at least Lindley was good there.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great run this year. Too bad the injury bug grabbed you by the short hairs. Go get healthy in the off season and we'll see you in the playoffs next year.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogie: I said "could" go to Seattle.

I remember when the Super Bowl cards were in the playoffs. I was so amped, went to every playoff game (including the SB), and knew they could do damage. This year feels so different. I will be watching just waiting for the wheels to fall off rather than planning for a trip to Tampa (or Glendale)

Gotcha... The whole thing came down to the qb position for you guy's... Cards Super Bowl run Kurt Warner was balling his butt off.... I think this years Cards team had a better defense overall though compared to your Super Bowl team, but the lack of any offense just killed you guy's down the stretch... I know that frustration, Seahawks have had some good defenses in years past with no offensive balance... YOU just gotta have some offense, even with and elite D.. QB position is just so vital in football...

Last edited by a moderator:

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogie: I have a lot of Seattle friends and they are almost exclusively idiots. Your post gives me hope that there are a few people up there that grasp the basics.

Definitely a frustrating year. The potential was there, but Next Man Up only goes so far...once you are dipping into practice squads for QBs, RBs, and punters you are asking for divine intervention at that point.

I wonder where this officiating crew goes next? Wherever it is, expect some terrible calls that could turn a close game. (AZ loses without all the bad calls, but Good Lord, it was unreal).

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogie: I have a lot of Seattle friends and they are almost exclusively idiots. Your post gives me hope that there are a few people up there that grasp the basics.

Definitely a frustrating year. The potential was there, but Next Man Up only goes so far...once you are dipping into practice squads for QBs, RBs, and punters you are asking for divine intervention at that point.

I wonder where this officiating crew goes next? Wherever it is, expect some terrible calls that could turn a close game. (AZ loses without all the bad calls, but Good Lord, it was unreal).

That PI call on the goal-line was effin horrendous ... Carolina was handed a TD there .... And I hear ya on the next man up thing, but like you said that can only go so far ... The QB position though, next man up can be season over .... It's just such a vital position in the game of football... If we didn't have Russell Wilson last year even with out great defense we woulda fell short ... That leadership is beyond vital ... You guys had a remarkable year considering circumstances .... Hang in there ....

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I'd wish you good luck but I do not want Seattle to win, but with that defense and the best RB in the game, the odds are in your favor.

I'm curious to see how they do against elite teams. In the beginning of the year, they went 2-2 against them and then this last stretch they looked dominant...but largely against bad teams or good teams that went bad (Lindley, Sanchez, Stanton, Rams, etc.). Wouldn't be surprised to see them continue dominating, but also wouldn't be surprised if they get surprised.