• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top OL poll

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that someone voted Martin as #1. Now of course we all know any discussion that takes place a week before the draft is kind of meaningless, but knowing Martin will likely be in the mx for us I thought it was interesting. The biggest difference I see with Martin and the others is I don't know if he is ever going to be a LT in the NFL. The other 3 could handle it for sure even though they'd start on the right side in Dallas if they came here.

In a poll of 18 NFL scouts, Auburn's Greg Robinson received 11 votes as the 2014 draft's top offensive lineman.
Texas A&M's Jake Matthews came in second with six votes, and Notre Dame's Zack Martin received the final first-place vote. Based on combined "point" totals derived from voting in the poll, scouts ranked Robinson as the draft's top lineman (80 points), Matthews second (76), Michigan's Taylor Lewan a relatively distant third (48), Martin fourth (43), and Alabama's Cyrus Kouandjio fifth (11).

I'm not a scout, but Robinson is clearly a freak, Matthews is a technician everyone loves, and Lewan has this great mean streak, but every time I see a video of Zach Martin, he is just whipping someone's ass using fantastic technique, I mean locking up, pumping his feet and putting asses in the dirt. I wouldn't mind this kid at 16 whether it's for Guard or Tackle. I'd bet he'd start somewhere for us day one

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a scout, but Robinson is clearly a freak, Matthews is a technician everyone loves, and Lewan has this great mean streak, but every time I see a video of Zach Martin, he is just whipping someone's ass using fantastic technique, I mean locking up, pumping his feet and putting asses in the dirt. I wouldn't mind this kid at 16 whether it's for Guard or Tackle. I'd bet he'd start somewhere for us day one

Drafting Martin would allow the Boyz to give Free his walking papers after this year.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Added bonus....

ESPN's Todd Archer believes the Cowboys will extend RT Doug Free's contract if they are unable to land a top tackle in next week's draft.
Free is coming off an outstanding, bounce-back season but is on the wrong side of 30 and would likely be looking for a hefty extension. The Cowboys may instead opt to draft a versatile lineman like Notre Dame's Zack Martin, play him at right guard, and then allow Free to walk next offseason with Martin taking over at tackle. Either way, the Cowboys look to have a solid offensive line entering 2014.

Source: ESPN.com May 3 - 1:05 PM

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey UK this post would get people pumped up to draft Martin LOL. you had me running to the podium :)
You sounded like a Jon Gruden of Lineman with that enthusiasm :suds:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Todd Archer believes the Cowboys will extend RT Doug Free's contract if they are unable to land a top tackle in next week's draft.
Free is coming off an outstanding, bounce-back season but is on the wrong side of 30 and would likely be looking for a hefty extension. The Cowboys may instead opt to draft a versatile lineman like Notre Dame's Zack Martin, play him at right guard, and then allow Free to walk next offseason with Martin taking over at tackle. Either way, the Cowboys look to have a solid offensive line entering 2014.

Source: ESPN.com May 3 - 1:05 PM
one thing. What if the line clicks like that? Then why get rid of Free or move Martin from the guard spot?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey UK this post would get people pumped up to draft Martin LOL. you had me running to the podium :)
You sounded like a Jon Gruden of Lineman with that enthusiasm :suds:

LMAO, I reread it and realized I sounded like Martin's Dad lol. On a side, I like Chucky's enthusiasm :suds:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst case Donald,Lewan,Martin, *future bust Dix* are gone by 16. Now what? Cleveland just seems to be a likely trade partner. I would snag their 2nd rounder. Those picks would allow the cowboys to draft 3 quality lineman for Marinelli rotation. My god this two week delay of the draft is pissing me off. Anybody else have the feeling that Jerrah trades up for Lewan or Donald

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this post. Martin would be a day one starter at either RG or RT for us. Robinson reminds me of LA. These four lineman look like future pro bowlers to me

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

.........Obviously, I'm happy with brother Jerry.:yahoo::yahoo: