• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top Fuelers & Funny Cars Testing Near My House

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live about 5 miles away from an old drag strip that was called Moroso Motorsports Park( recently renamed to Palm Beach Raceway ). For the past two days the top fuel dragsters and funny cars have converged on that track to test & tune I guess. So about every 5 minutes I hear that AWESOME thundering noise of their runs!

God that really gets me pumped. Looks like I’m gonna have to go to Gainesville this year for Gator Nationals. It’s been several years since I’ve been there, but I gots to go now.

:csb:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kalitta was supposed to be leaving the dragsters home, no major changes, funny cars are being tested for a change in the rev limiter that should cause more explosions. They sure dont have much off season in drag racing.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kalitta was supposed to be leaving the dragsters home, no major changes, funny cars are being tested for a change in the rev limiter that should cause more explosions. They sure dont have much off season in drag racing.

I’m not a huge fan of the actual sport. I think watching them run gets really boring after you’ve seen 4 or 5 blast down the line.

What I do love about the deal is going down to the pits and watching the crews work on the cars between heats. Thats so damn cool! It’s amazing to watch them work in silence like a choreographed dance or something. Then after they put it all back together you get the thrill of being within 6 or 8 feet of a car when they fire it up for 5 seconds or so. God Almighty, the first time I was standing around and heard that I almost pissed my pants. Every single woman in the pits ran like there was a sale at the mall or something. After that it became addictive and I enjoyed being there and inhaling the nitromethane fumes and having tears stream out of my eyes and choking like a motherfucker. That’s a bad-ass experience. 6000 HP, it DOESN’T get more intense unless you’re standing next to the Space Shuttle when it lifts off........

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Force set another single pass speed record enroute to taking the opener in Pomona at the Winternationals. This dude is getting better and he already has 16 championships, double most every other high profile championship driver in any other racing series worldwide.AlBalooshi took Top Fuel and Jason Line took Pro Stock.

Lots of blown-up bodies with Capps and Pedragon losing their bodies and some Top Fuel driver I have never heard of getting a blower backfire taking out his tires. Mike Edwards has retired and sold his entire operation to motorcycle guy McGaha and Johnny Gray retired with his seat being taken over by Tommy Johnson Jr. Erica Enders-Stevens has a new team and sponsor so she get pout even more when she loses. Allan Johnson got beat and he looked like he was still in 2013 as his reaction time was nearly a full second behind VGaines who took second behind Line who was just nipped by a nose at the finish line.

Next stop is in Phoenix in two weeks.