• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 NBA MVP odds

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. If Kyrie averages a triple double for a 65 win team it's still something that's been done twice in the last 2 seasons. Not by a 65 win team but if you're going to give it to him then Westbrook should have finished higher last season for doing twice. Westbrook got it because it had only been done by one other player in NBA history and that was half a century ago. Also Kyrie won't come close.

I said that (the bolded). But my point was just if someone goes nuts with stats their team doesn't have to win 70. What if Kyrie averages 38 pts and 10 dimes? He won't, but those kind of numbers you generally win. Also, don't get all pissy I'm not saying anything bad about your boy.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that (the bolded). But my point was just if someone goes nuts with stats their team doesn't have to win 70. What if Kyrie averages 38 pts and 10 dimes? He won't, but those kind of numbers you generally win. Also, don't get all pissy I'm not saying anything bad about your boy.

You're to sensitive.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I'm not the one with the twisted panties because someone didn't respect Russ enough.

That's not even close to what I said. Your obsession with Westbrook reminds me of an elementary school boy pushing a girl down because he likes her. Do you "like" Westbrook?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on the stats too, Westbrook got his because of his crazy stats. If Kyrie averaged a triple double for a 65 win Celtics he would probably win too. Not that he ever could do it, but it's not just being the best player on the best team.

Westbrook was a one off though that is not consistent with the norm.

Kyrie's career 22/5/4 stat line is a looonnng way from MVP. Especially given that he is, at best, only adequate on defense.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. If Kyrie averages a triple double for a 65 win team it's still something that's been done twice in the last 2 seasons. Not by a 65 win team but if you're going to give it to him then Westbrook should have finished higher last season for doing twice. Westbrook got it because it had only been done by one other player in NBA history and that was half a century ago. Also Kyrie won't come close.

If the Celtics win 65 and Kyrie averages 28/8/6 or something like that, he will probably win MVP. He won't do that but those would be MVP numbers for a 65 win team.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Celtics win 65 and Kyrie averages 28/8/6 or something like that, he will probably win MVP. He won't do that but those would be MVP numbers for a 65 win team.

I'm probably wrong but I disagree. I think the Celtics have enough talent they don't need Kyrie. "A" player averaging those numbers on a 65 win team would receive consideration. But I believe most seasons the MVP is predetermined to a few players. I think it's Lebron's to lose. AD will win if he doesn't.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably wrong but I disagree. I think the Celtics have enough talent they don't need Kyrie. "A" player averaging those numbers on a 65 win team would receive consideration. But I believe most seasons the MVP is predetermined to a few players. I think it's Lebron's to lose. AD will win if he doesn't.

Don't get me wrong. There is almost no chance that Kyrie is going to put up those numbers. As I said upthread, way too many mouths to feed on that team. For him to be even considered he would need to have numbers that far outpaced everyone else. I just don't see that happening. In fact, if Kyrie DOES put up gaudy stats, I would say that is a sign of a problem for the Celtics.

Lebron/AD/Giannis are clearly the favorites and I would be very surprised if it is anyone else. IMO, the only other players that even have a shot are Embiid and Kawhi.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong. There is almost no chance that Kyrie is going to put up those numbers. As I said upthread, way too many mouths to feed on that team. For him to be even considered he would need to have numbers that far outpaced everyone else. I just don't see that happening. In fact, if Kyrie DOES put up gaudy stats, I would say that is a sign of a problem for the Celtics.

Lebron/AD/Giannis are clearly the favorites and I would be very surprised if it is anyone else. IMO, the only other players that even have a shot are Embiid and Kawhi.

Isn't this what I've been saying?
I do appreciate the fact you are open to a conversation. Unlike the guy that's obsessed with Westbook. He needs to just come out of the closet.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this what I've been saying?
I do appreciate the fact you are open to a conversation. Unlike the guy that's obsessed with Westbook. He needs to just come out of the closet.

You Western Conference guys fight over the silliest things.

Not like us Eastern Conference guys who fight over only very serious things. Like how the Celtics suck and the Sixers are awesome. Right @Gman and @LogicMan ?

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Western Conference guys fight over the silliest things.

Not like us Eastern Conference guys who fight over only very serious things. Like how the Celtics suck and the Sixers are awesome. Right @Gman and @LogicMan ?

I am only a recent Western Conference guy. I grew up a Dr. J fan. Fo-Fo-Fo!!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not even close to what I said. Your obsession with Westbrook reminds me of an elementary school boy pushing a girl down because he likes her. Do you "like" Westbrook?

Maybe I "like" you!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook was a one off though that is not consistent with the norm.

Kyrie's career 22/5/4 stat line is a looonnng way from MVP. Especially given that he is, at best, only adequate on defense.

I agree 100%, but the Thunder fan didn't take too kindly to me discounting Westbrook's MVP as a stats award.

As many of us have said, LeBron probably should have about 8 MVPs in a row, and Jordan shoulda had at least 8. But voters get bored and find reasons to give them to others.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%, but the Thunder fan didn't take too kindly to me discounting Westbrook's MVP as a stats award.

As many of us have said, LeBron probably should have about 8 MVPs in a row, and Jordan shoulda had at least 8. But voters get bored and find reasons to give them to others.

Again no clue. You totally missed the point.
Just come out!! You will be happier. Your parent's will get over it at some point. We accept you!!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again no clue. You totally missed the point.
Just come out!! You will be happier. Your parent's will get over it at some point. We accept you!!

Ya know, trying to cap on someone for being gay is very played out. I mean, either I am gay in which case you are being a homophobic dick, or I'm not and why would I care that some idiot thinks it's an insult to call me gay? Has anyone ever been like "oh noes Scapegoat called me gay! I'm so ashamed!". What the hell does it matter is someone is gay or not?

Up your troll game, son

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We heterosexual married men don't understand you guys and how you like a hairy sweaty guy pounding you. But it's your life.

Here it is again. Dudes that think calling someone gay is funny are obvious closet cases, or at least men feeling pretty insecure about their sexuality. I'm sure you are married, but not so sure you are totally hetero. Those feelings you sometimes have, there's no need to lash out at gay people just because they are cool with them.

Did you expect me to go to pieces with this? Try harder.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, trying to cap on someone for being gay is very played out. I mean, either I am gay in which case you are being a homophobic dick, or I'm not and why would I care that some idiot thinks it's an insult to call me gay? Has anyone ever been like "oh noes Scapegoat called me gay! I'm so ashamed!". What the hell does it matter is someone is gay or not?

Up your troll game, son

So now you're gangster? Hahahaha

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here it is again. Dudes that think calling someone gay is funny are obvious closet cases, or at least men feeling pretty insecure about their sexuality. I'm sure you are married, but not so sure you are totally hetero. Those feelings you sometimes have, there's no need to lash out at gay people just because they are cool with them.

Did you expect me to go to pieces with this? Try harder.

We accept you and others like you. I work in the healthcare industry we see you guys. I've seen what a toll it takes on your life.