• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Romo PGA

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have started day 1
I don't know how you can possibly say for sure that he should have started day 1. But when he did eventually start he certainly was already ready. Whether he just became ready or had already been for years I don't know.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you can possibly say for sure that he should have started day 1. But when he did eventually start he certainly was already ready. Whether he just became ready or had already been for years I don't know.

From what I remember when he came in .I thought he was reading defenses pretty good. And I think that had a lot to do with the clip board years.

He seemed to have an early dedication to looking at formations.

3 years of standing on the sidelines of an NFL team ..absorbing all that info has to have a significant benefit when it comes to your first day behind center.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I remember when he came in .I thought he was reading defenses pretty good. And I think that had a lot to do with the clip board years.

He seemed to have an early dedication to looking at formations.
Yep, I believe those clipboard years helped him immensely.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't mean he was ready. I just think he would have done as well as Q. Fans call Dak inaccurate- I can't imagine what they said about Q. I definitely thing he could have started yr 2 but one person kept him from that- Drew Henson.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Romo's first 3 and 1/2 years
View attachment 174557

Thank Goodness Quincy Carter got cut or Romo might have been playing for someone else...
many said the same about Staubach. I remain pretty certain we woulda won SB5 if not for Landry giving Morton just dues for sitting behind Dandy Don all those years. Staubach managed anyways.

That woulda, coulda, shoulda has been around sports for a very long time

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
many said the same about Staubach. I remain pretty certain we woulda won SB5 if not for Landry giving Morton just dues for sitting behind Dandy Don all those years. Staubach managed anyways.

That woulda, coulda, shoulda has been around sports for a very long time

Yes it has been and it will never go away.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean he was ready. I just think he would have done as well as Q. Fans call Dak inaccurate- I can't imagine what they said about Q. I definitely thing he could have started yr 2 but one person kept him from that- Drew Henson.

Think and reflect about that for a moment. He couldn't beat out Henson and you think he should have started. It's thoughts like this why we often question you posts.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think and reflect about that for a moment. He couldn't beat out Henson and you think he should have started. It's thoughts like this why we often question you posts.

I didn't say he couldn't beat out Henson. Henson was being paid a good amount of money , not to mention a JJ pet.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he couldn't beat out Henson. Henson was being paid a good amount of money , not to mention a JJ pet.

I never said you said it. I said it. Romo couldn't beat out Henson.

Add in he couldn't beat out the other QB's you mentioned either.

I was all for Romo to be drafted by the Cowboys but he was a futures project at best.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do u figure? Parcels wasn't a Henson fan. JJ was dying for him to play

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know while Parcells was here, we had about 8 different QBs. The only one that was there the whole time was Romo.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know while Parcells was here, we had about 8 different QBs. The only one that was there the whole time was Romo.

Parcels himself didn't want to give Romo the start. He didn't think he was ready.

This "conversation" passed the point of absurdity a long time ago.

Romo was a good (maybe great) QB, but he never was the kind of QB that would lead one to believe that, with him at the helm, any game was a certain "W" for us. That, in itself, should give you reason to stop with this insanity.

Sometimes, it was fun watching him play. Other times, it was sheer madness to see him make the decisions he made. He wasn't THE reason for us not winning a SB, but he was most definitely A reason we never won a SB with him as our QB.

That you can't admit that makes each post you type on this issue more ludicrous than the previous. Manster had a good point for you to consider earlier, and you just blew by it because of your Romo goggles.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parcels himself didn't want to give Romo the start. He didn't think he was ready.

Romo was a good (maybe great) QB, but he never was the kind of QB that would lead one to believe that, with him at the helm, any game was a certain "W" for us. That, in itself, should give you reason to stop with this insanity.

Sometimes, it was fun watching him play. Other times, it was sheer madness to see him make the decisions he made. He wasn't THE reason for us not winning a SB, but he was most definitely A reason we never won a SB with him as our QB.

That you can't admit that makes each post you type on this issue more ludicrous than the previous. Manster had a good point for you to consider earlier, and you just blew by it because of your Romo goggles.

I think you miss my points. That's OK though. No problem here. Think and believe what you must

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We all have opinions. Some more outlandish than others. There is nothing wrong with that. Some will be agreed with, some won't. This post for example- I agree with about 10-20 percent of it. I'm not going to call you a Romo hater though or pretend to know what Parcells was thinking. I'm not going to say anything is crazy or ludicrous.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well I agree he wasnt ready when we picked him up as a UDFA.
Acting like he was the man for the boys, when he was ready is bullshit.
No, he was never one of the greats. However we have Roger, Troy & danny White & Tony Romo. they were the only significant Qbs we have had period. (Dak is still in to early to tell but I have good vibes)
We never lost a single playoff game because of him. We lost because we were not a worthy team. Which means for the most part. We made the playoffs when we shouldnt have. (which one might argue because of him)
So I agree Romo wasnt ready early on, but between coaching sucking & flat out having a none playoff team. One has to ask. Maybe we have a better record because of of romo (which makes us reach the playoffs even though the team shouldnt)
Hell even our 13-3 team I predicted a 1st round loss. You know how many of those wins were late wins?
I am so sick of people using stats to bolster or tear down a Qb. It has always been a team sport.

Now I agree Romo was always good for a bonehead pass virtually every game. (which some times made the difference) Which is why he aint great.

However the crazy thing is Favre who is considered great made way worse & many more bonehead plays, yet is considered one of the best ever. Since he played on a better team. Some of Romo's teams were flat out horrible. Even the 13-3 team was a house of cards.
Not saying he as better than he was. However sick of that stat gurus saying he was a choke artist using the playoff records when the team shouldnt have been there except for he got them there.

I truly dont want to be a Romo apologist, but I cant stat people that live on stats alone.
When Romo was playing the team was only going to get as far as he would take them.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you miss my points. That's OK though. No problem here. Think and believe what you must
I didn't miss your points at all. You've been making them for a long, long time now.

Tell you what... You keep living in your delusional Romo world, and the rest of us will keep living in reality. Tony Romo was a good QB that sometimes took the team on his shoulders and won games for us and other times he made plays that were as boneheaded as anything anyone has ever seen. It was a fun ride, but a roller coaster ride nonetheless.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I agree he wasnt ready when we picked him up as a UDFA.
Acting like he was the man for the boys, when he was ready is bullshit.
No, he was never one of the greats. However we have Roger, Troy & danny White & Tony Romo. they were the only significant Qbs we have had period. (Dak is still in to early to tell but I have good vibes)
We never lost a single playoff game because of him. We lost because we were not a worthy team. Which means for the most part. We made the playoffs when we shouldnt have. (which one might argue because of him)
So I agree Romo wasnt ready early on, but between coaching sucking & flat out having a none playoff team. One has to ask. Maybe we have a better record because of of romo (which makes us reach the playoffs even though the team shouldnt)
Hell even our 13-3 team I predicted a 1st round loss. You know how many of those wins were late wins?
I am so sick of people using stats to bolster or tear down a Qb. It has always been a team sport.

Now I agree Romo was always good for a bonehead pass virtually every game. (which some times made the difference) Which is why he aint great.

However the crazy thing is Favre who is considered great made way worse & many more bonehead plays, yet is considered one of the best ever. Since he played on a better team. Some of Romo's teams were flat out horrible. Even the 13-3 team was a house of cards.
Not saying he as better than he was. However sick of that stat gurus saying he was a choke artist using the playoff records when the team shouldnt have been there except for he got them there.

I truly dont want to be a Romo apologist, but I cant stat people that live on stats alone.
When Romo was playing the team was only going to get as far as he would take them.

Not sure whether you were attempting to agree or disagree with what I wrote, but I wasn't quoting stats. I was talking about every game Romo ever played in. There was never any certainty that we would win any game. It wasn't all on Romo, to be sure, but neither was it not on Romo. Team sport, and he was part of team that had some share in our lack of success.

Was there another option for QB? Not on the roster, but if the team wasn't successful then the front office wasn't successful, which means the right players, coaches, coordinators, etc. weren't on the team either. The whole organization shares in this almost 3 decade drought. Romo was part of the organization. Romo shares some of the blame, contrary to RTO's opinion.