• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Philadelphia Eagles" Ongoing Thread

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO IGGLES!!! Yes I'm a Falcons fan but my moms from Philly so I tend to cheer for them...but fuck the phillies tho :evil:

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Mariota will NOT be coming out for the draft. He will be remaining in college. He is off the board.
I guess they will concentrate on defense. If they make the playoffs, they will be drafting between 21 and 32.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Mariota will NOT be coming out for the draft. He will be remaining in college. He is off the board.
I guess they will concentrate on defense. If they make the playoffs, they will be drafting between 21 and 32.

This was the best news I heard all day yesterday. Now I can relax knowing that Chip can't waste a first round pick on this clown.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First place bitches:yahoo:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing there are some happy Eagles fans tonight. Looks like the Cowboys are in deep trouble.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing there are some happy Eagles fans tonight. Looks like the Cowboys are in deep trouble.
...for years to come - along with the Redskins - and probably the Giants.

#3 in the NFC. Here we come.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles - Bears has been flexed to Sunday night. I hate it.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...for years to come - along with the Redskins - and probably the Giants.

#3 in the NFC. Here we come.

I think you might be over estimating the inability for all 3 of these teams to rebound. In today's NFL, Turnarounds happen quickly all the time. Week to week, year to year, league. Look to your own team last year vs this year. Did y'all honestly expect that? A little luck, the right coach, scheme and players... I saw that last year with my skins.

Years to rebound... Could be, given the history of Jerry and Danny Boy, but I don't think its a given. I'd be more inclined to agree regarding the skins, if we were still in cap hell, given the rest of the circus going on in DC. Then again, I can see why you would view us with ridicule, given how this season has played out. Jmo.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you might be over estimating the inability for all 3 of these teams to rebound. In today's NFL, Turnarounds happen quickly all the time. Week to week, year to year, league. Look to your own team last year vs this year. Did y'all honestly expect that? A little luck, the right coach, scheme and players... I saw that last year with my skins.

Years to rebound... Could be, given the history of Jerry and Danny Boy, but I don't think its a given. I'd be more inclined to agree regarding the skins, if we were still in cap hell, given the rest of the circus going on in DC. Then again, I can see why you would view us with ridicule, given how this season has played out. Jmo.
I could see the Giants possibly turning it around but NOT Washington or Dallas - BECAUSE of their owners.
Just look at the #1 draft pick that the Rams are going to get after this year.
Who good coach is going to want to coach the Redskins after Shanahan leaves?
The Cowboys are going to be in cap hell for several years to come.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Giants possibly turning it around but NOT Washington or Dallas - BECAUSE of their owners.
Just look at the #1 draft pick that the Rams are going to get after this year.
Who good coach is going to want to coach the Redskins after Shanahan leaves
?
The Cowboys are going to be in cap hell for several years to come.

Draft pick - while rams get the 1rst round pick, we will get a very high second round pick. While not the same value, it's not the opposite end of the spectrum either. We also are not in cap hell, but we do have to be very careful and not fall into old spending habits on FAs and have solid picks with rounds 2-7.

Good coach? Believe me, there are always people out there. This is actually less of a concern to me than how we spend $$ in the off season and who we place in charge of football operations. We need a legitimate GM before a HC.

Just saying, too early to crown the eagles and dismiss the skins and boys. #dreamteam2

Right now, future looks bright for you guys. Be happy with that. Seems short sighted to so quickly dismiss the rest of the division, (except possibly the giants.)

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft pick - while rams get the 1rst round pick, we will get a very high second round pick. While not the same value, it's not the opposite end of the spectrum either. We also are not in cap hell, but we do have to be very careful and not fall into old spending habits on FAs and have solid picks with rounds 2-7.

Good coach? Believe me, there are always people out there. This is actually less of a concern to me than how we spend $$ in the off season and who we place in charge of football operations. We need a legitimate GM before a HC.

Just saying, too early to crown the eagles and dismiss the skins and boys. #dreamteam2

Right now, future looks bright for you guys. Be happy with that. Seems short sighted to so quickly dismiss the rest of the division, (except possibly the giants.)

Too early to crown and dismiss anybody, that being said, it doesn't excuse what is going on in Washington - Washington and Dallas have done nothing of substance the last what, 15 years now? It's becoming a trend - now of course they could all of a sudden turn it around at some point, but do you think a lot of people will bet on that happening? I doubt it - I do think RG3 is a good QB but he's got too many people in his ear and he got too big-headed after his first season and Daniel Snyder meddles in everything too often - he and Jerry Jones are very similar in that fact and you can't have the owner all up in what the team is trying to do, it just doesn't end well - nothing wrong with having passion from your owner, but these guys are too involved

The one thing the Eagles and Giants have going for them is that they've been pretty good in those same 15 years, compared to the Redskins and Cowboys, so they do know how to win and they can turn it around easier - it's not like the Redskins and Cowboys don't have talent in areas on their team but there's just too much drama in those two cities and when you don't have any success, it makes things worse

I do feel bad for the Redskins fans that have to put up with what they have - I'd be pulling my hair out

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't disagree with your points Cobie, just said it was a mistake to dismiss the teams for years...

We all see the same rhetoric bandied about by fans for each team: no SB ring, lucky SB ring, idiot owners, etc...

The truth lies less than with the extremes.

Boys have actually been competitive most years, regardless their mediocre 8/8 ongoing record .
Skins have been cellar dwellers, that have still managed to contend a few times, including last year, with no QB for years prior.

On a side note, I actually posted way earlier than any eagles fan on this board, that I thought y'all had a great shot of contending for the division this year.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'I do feel bad for the Redskins fans that have to put up with what they have - I'd be pulling my hair out'

It crap, that's for sure.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't disagree with your points Cobie, just said it was a mistake to dismiss the teams for years...

We all see the same rhetoric bandied about by fans for each team: no SB ring, lucky SB ring, idiot owners, etc...

The truth lies less than with the extremes.

Boys have actually been competitive most years, regardless their mediocre 8/8 ongoing record .
Skins have been cellar dwellers, that have still managed to contend a few times, including last year, with no QB for years prior.

On a side note, I actually posted way earlier than any eagles fan on this board, that I thought y'all had a great shot of contending for the division this year.

Yeah true, I mean, I didn't expect the Eagles to be in it going in - every year in the NFL there are at least one or two teams that surprise people - you just never know what may happen - but you need a lot of good things to happen in order for that to happen

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington will never be good again until Snyder sells the team. The same goes for Dallas.

(Un)

Naturally Striped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this thread perpetually at the top of the Eagles team forum when no one looks at it, writes on it (except me here), and it's just plain old.

What the hairy nut sack is that all about?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington will never be good again until Snyder sells the team. The same goes for Dallas.

Hmmmmm, guess time will tell us that...won't it?