• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Johnny Manziel" Superthread

When Will Manziel Be Taken

• Total voters

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just needs to STFU already. I hope the Texans don't draft him. I would take David Carr again over him... He is going to implode. I think he has a bigger ego than A-Roid pre-steroid version.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's hands are like he's 6.7 … That helps him allot… Especially in bad weather…

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's Ryan Leaf without the skill set.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is stupid. Height and mobility are similar, yes but in every other aspect that counts Wilson is vastly superior than Manziel. Especially the brain and maturity department. And RW didn't "pave the way" for anybody so people need to just stop already. There have always been and always will be a certain number of "mobile" QB's and a certain number of " pocket passers".

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, the reason that Wilson can pull it up is because he has a NFL caliber arm and Manziel doesn't. I feel sorry for the team that wastes 2 years trying to develop this head case.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ummm.........Doug Flutie anyone??

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ummm.........Doug Flutie anyone??

But was Flutie really successful as a QB in the NFL? I am inclined to say no. He hung around for 12 seasons, but most of that time was as a backup. The only season he played all 16 games was 2001 for the Chargers and they ended the season 5-11.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson would be a first-round pick if he was entering the draft this spring. But back in 2012, before we all knew just how good he would be, there were concerns that he might be limited by his height. Wilson is officially listed as 5-feet-11, but the more important numbers are these: a 28-9 career record as a starter and one Lombardi Trophy.

And that success in such a short period of time hasn't gone unnoticed. It's often said that the NFL is a copycat league, which is great news for Johnny Manziel, the 6-foot former Texas A&M quarterback who is thankful for Wilson's trailblazing success.

"I think he's kicked the door wide open," Manziel, who could be the first player drafted in May, told the Houston Chronicle about Wilson. "You're seeing more guys being successful avoiding that first wave of pressure -- get out and do things outside the pocket.

I don't think that RW would be a first round pick in any recent draft ,period. He has worked out well for the 'Hawks and has the Lombardi to prove it.....with MUCH help from his team. I would be shocked if Manziel is picked in the first round for his talent set and big mouth. He isn't bothering to throw in the combine. :L

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can have success which ever team drafts him just needs to get the most athletic WRs they can so they can go up and get those poorly thrown panic striken passes

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But was Flutie really successful as a QB in the NFL? I am inclined to say no. He hung around for 12 seasons, but most of that time was as a backup. The only season he played all 16 games was 2001 for the Chargers and they ended the season 5-11.

Flutie did have success in the NFL, albeit short lived, This story was about paving the way not on which QB is better and for that, in a sense Flutie has to be considered a somewhat pioneer.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flutie did have success in the NFL, albeit short lived, This story was about paving the way not on which QB is better and for that, in a sense Flutie has to be considered a somewhat pioneer.

Kind of like Tim Tebow?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that separates Wilson from his peers is the fact that he is extremely intelligent. The guy has a cannon for an arm but never tries to just huck it (like he did at NC State), there is a always a purpose for every pass and he is more than happy to tuck it and get easy rushing yards. His brain and athleticism more than make up for his height.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has everything you could ever want in a QB minus prototype size. The guy is a flat out star just waiting to blow up. Once the offense is his to run, he's going to flood the stat sheets. Manziel? I don't know. I loved watching him play, but just too many question marks. Question marks that Wilson didn't have. The only thing that pushed Wilson down the draft boards was size. From Kiper and McShay: "If Wilson was 6'2 or taller, he would be a top 5 pick in any draft."

Whoever drafts Manziel has a project do deal with. They will have to work with him on mechanics and accuracy and pocket presence. Part of the reason he had to pull off his "Manziel Magic" was because he was scrambling right into defenders at times. He can develop into a star player, but he can also fall flat on his face without the proper coaching.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Flutie was a god in the CFL. Set all type of records with Argonauts ( if memory serves me right, too lazy to look it up) Tebow should have tried up North ey good day ey

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly does Manziel have in common with Wilson? He doesn't have his arm strength. He doesn't have accuracy. He doesn't have his intelligence. He hasn't shown Wilson's propensity to just shut up and get to work and work hard, he doesn't remind me of Wilson at all. I know one the type of player that could help any team and the other??? well he'll look out for himself and make excuses along the way.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly does Manziel have in common with Wilson? He doesn't have his arm strength. He doesn't have accuracy. He doesn't have his intelligence. He hasn't shown Wilson's propensity to just shut up and get to work and work hard, he doesn't remind me of Wilson at all. I know one the type of player that could help any team and the other??? well he'll look out for himself and make excuses along the way.

This is what I think as well, but I would love to be wrong on that.

I remember when that douche bag from USC Matt Leinart entered the NFL. He was the BMOC and thought he'd be that way in the NFL as well. He found out real quick that he was a rookie and had to earn respect. He wasn't comfortable with that. I see Manziel the same way. I don't think he's mature enough, though even if he had stayed in school, there's no guarantee he would be.

Again, I'd love to be wrong about it.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel is listed at 6'1" & 210. Unless they're lying big time, his size won't be a problem.