• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Todd McLellan

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing from D.Wilson, Randy, Drew etc that Todd and his coaching staff is very well organized and is a great staff, but is it really? I just want to get everybody's opinion on this.

Do any of you believe that since Todd never made it to the NHL, it might effect his coaching? I know he is a very smart man and is very well spoken but do you think he might be a excellent X's & O's coach, but just doesn't have the killer instinct that a coach needs to have to push his players to compete at the highest level possible? I don't think a NHL head coach needs to have NHL experience, but I wonder if Todd did have that little experience he might be able to light more fire under his players.

Johnson and Robinson have experience but Jay and Todd don't and I just wonder if thats a issue for poor performances from time to time.

*If the Sharks had D. Sutter as their head coach would the Sharks have won a cup? :think:

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing from D.Wilson, Randy, Drew etc that Todd and his coaching staff is very well organized and is a great staff, but is it really? I just want to get everybody's opinion on this.

Do any of you believe that since Todd never made it to the NHL, it might effect his coaching? I know he is a very smart man and is very well spoken but do you think he might be a excellent X's & O's coach, but just doesn't have the killer instinct that a coach needs to have to push his players to compete at the highest level possible? I don't think a NHL head coach needs to have NHL experience, but I wonder if Todd did have that little experience he might be able to light more fire under his players.

Johnson and Robinson have experience but Jay and Todd don't and I just wonder if thats a issue for poor performances from time to time.

*If the Sharks had D. Sutter as their head coach would the Sharks have won a cup? :think:

I don't think any coach could make a difference. It is the leadership on the ice that will drive this team to win in the postseason. Todd and Ronnie Wilson have not been that much different. Both have got their teams to the playoffs, and both have had miserable upsets (Ronnie against Calgary/Edmonton), and the Tadd against Anaheim after winning the President's Trophy. I still can't understand why Drew drools over Baby Jay Woodcroft like he is some coaching God though.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tmac has quite a few brain farts as a head coach, but is he and the staff bad? No, especially with Robinson and Johnson as associate coaches probably one of the best staffs in the league.

The only time the staff was horrible is when they lost Richards and were stuck with baby jay and that other chode as coaches.

Not making the NHL as a player is damn near irrelevant, you my not have the physical tools but it doesn't mean you don't understand or see the game at an elite level. Secondly his career was cut short from a shoulder injury.