• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Todd Graham agreed to a Contract Extension.. But will it be enough?

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see our AD doing the right thing and extending the deal with Todd Graham. But, I have to admit, the first thing I looked for when the news broke was how much is his new buyout?

I want to have a good season and I think we'll be very capable doing that; but consider this, Texas will likely fire Brown, USC will likely fire Kiffin, Miles seat at LSU is hot after that Clemson debacle, and Saban has been dominating CFB for years. There's a real possibility that some of those jobs become open. Why wouldn't one of them want the up and comer Graham? Especially if ASU has a big year.

Texas writers want that Elite name and Graham would have to be a value play for them. But, the more I think about it the more it makes sense for them. The Drive is showing how marketable he can be on the Longhorn Network, he knows Texas and can recruit there, he's defensive minded, he's cheap, and they can pay all his assistants well. Gone are the days where you need a to prove yourself at a large school (See: Sumlin, Andersen, and Dykes).

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham cant afford to leave after how many times he has left before he needs to stay another 2-3 years no program will have his trust.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham cant afford to leave after how many times he has left before he needs to stay another 2-3 years no program will have his trust.

I don't know. I don't think Texas and USC are worried about job hoppers.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you can build ASU into a contender why in the hell would you go elsewhere....? seriously, ASU has been a sleeping beast forever. It just needed a right coach, IF Graham so happens to be that guy (although his lack of recruiting is worrisome) then you would need to go nowhere else. ASU should given its location be a contender year in and year out, should NOT be a stepping stone program.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you can build ASU into a contender why in the hell would you go elsewhere....? seriously, ASU has been a sleeping beast forever. It just needed a right coach, IF Graham so happens to be that guy (although his lack of recruiting is worrisome) then you would need to go nowhere else. ASU should given its location be a contender year in and year out, should NOT be a stepping stone program.

College Football Recruiting Schools - ESPN He recruited great in 2012, 2013 he got some good JC fillers and 2014 hes putting together a great class with several 4 stars showing high interest.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys should be a top 15 recruiting class every year. There really is no reason not to, Is your facilities utter crap?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys should be a top 15 recruiting class every year. There really is no reason not to, Is your facilities utter crap?

Well everyone in the Pac has gotten new facilities our stadium is old, our practice facilities are okay. For everyone else getting a new stadium like Uofa has hot tubs now in the locker room, Graham is putting together a good class basically showing that once we get our new stadium it will push us into top 15 recruiting consistently much much better recruiter than Erickson.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am honestly at 'aw' that you guys for whatever reason have been dormant for so many years. And I am not trying to troll here. I am literally shocked ASU isn't a powerhouse in football year in and year out. Do you not have the administration backing? Or USE to not have the admin backing? I know you got the old Portland trail blazer running things now down there in the AD. Has the culture changed in Tempe?

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. Arizona is packed with talent and the state is geographically located between Texas and California, can't get much better than that, just need to harvest those relationships which will come with time and trust. But Texas is Texas. IMO, that's the #1 job in the nation. Add in the fact that Graham grew up there likely and that's concerning. Plus ASU is a Public University (Texas is too) that doesn't have the donor support that they have. They can afford to pay someone more and more for their assistants. Brown salary is $5+ MM, Graham's is only $2 + MM guaranteed.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am honestly at 'aw' that you guys for whatever reason have been dormant for so many years. And I am not trying to troll here. I am literally shocked ASU isn't a powerhouse in football year in and year out. Do you not have the administration backing? Or USE to not have the admin backing? I know you got the old Portland trail blazer running things now down there in the AD. Has the culture changed in Tempe?

Graham has definitely gotten people excited, when there is a penalty you will hear fans go "Coach Graham doesn't get penalties" hes brought discipline and he is saying all the right things hes our dream coach, I dont know why players wouldn't want to play for Graham he praises offense and defense and hes given this program the discipline and toughness we need, and I know we will land at least 2 more 4 star recruits Casey Tucker and Claude Pelon would be huge.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Going in the right direction. Just landed the home of the USA Men's Basketball Practice Facilities which will be huge for ASU Basketball. Also completely remodeling the Stadium and area surrounding the athletic district. Facilities are decent not great but will get better. Biggest worry I have is staying competitive in the salary department.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a thread for this when any new news comes up but here check it out. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zgC1WV9lok]ASU Sun Devil Stadium - YouTube[/ame]

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait...are you building an entire new stadium? Or just basically destroying/remodling your current one? Does ASU even have room on campus to make for a brand new stadium elsewhere?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait...are you building an entire new stadium? Or just basically destroying/remodling your current one? Does ASU even have room on campus to make for a brand new stadium elsewhere?

They have talked about some other locations but come on between the buttes even our fight song is talking about those historic buttes.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have talked about some other locations but come on between the buttes even our fight song is talking about those historic buttes.

a brand new stadium located off campus is a horrendous idea. MOST schools who have stadiums OFF campus dream of having room to build one ON campus.

Just tear down or renovate the current SD Stadium. Shouldn't be too hard and you keep things on campus.

I mean if you guys want to go off campus just play in Glendale. Hell, Miami plays at a stadium 30 miles away....

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a brand new stadium located off campus is a horrendous idea. MOST schools who have stadiums OFF campus dream of having room to build one ON campus.

Just tear down or renovate the current SD Stadium. Shouldn't be too hard and you keep things on campus.

I mean if you guys want to go off campus just play in Glendale. Hell, Miami plays at a stadium 30 miles away....

The Stadium is a perfect walking distance for the students.