• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to panic?

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings have lost 3 in a row and haven't looked good in any of them
Do we worry or just ride it out until Gabby and Quick come back?
Offense lacking
Defense Slaking
Goalie napping

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

pasul82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda thinking that especially after I re-upped my NHL TV package.

The Pacific aside, the Central looks strong and the predictions are probably right that 5 teams make it to the playoffs from there. And if the Jets start to gel around the Trouba fiasco, look out.

It's definitely a tough watch right now. You can see/hear Foxy pressing a bit to keep us engaged. Bob's pallor makes me sad and I am still praying Setoguchi has a season Disney makes a movie out of...

...but seeing this for 2017 is kinda oddly cool...

2017 NHL Mock Draft | Tankathon

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, so far......

Zatkoff sucks, Gilbert sucks, King sucks, Dowd sucks, Shore sucks, Brown sucks.....everyone else has been bad to mediocre. While Quick will make a huge difference its very apparent their time is done. I don't think enough was done and too many front office type mistakes where made to keep the Kings that competitive. They still have some talent to be good, I just don't think we will get that "dynasty type dominance" we all had hoped for. Who would have thought a change in the C would matter so much!

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy hell what a shit show the first 3 games have been. Only light I see is that the Kings got destroyed in the first 3 games last year (I think) an turned it around. I do agree that I don't think we will see the dynasty we were hoping for but after seeing 2 Cups in 3 years and a WCF appearance in between I don't think we can complain based on the prior 45 years' results.

I think the two biggest mistakes that led to here were Dumbo's unwavering loyalty to Richards (when he didn't buy him out with no penalty - not once but twice) and then Brown's absurd contract. Yes, the Kings would have some dead money sitting on the books but I'd rather have that than good money on the books not producing. Richards' penalties/cap hit and Brown's contract are huge roadblocks.

Zatkoff will need to hold the fort until Quick can return but Budaj actually looked better than he did last night. This team is still missing a T6 forward and a T3 defender. Easier said than done, but it doesn't appear anything in the system can fill those roles on the cheap.

Very impressed with Pearson, he seems to have not missed a beat from last year - he was all over yesterday. He looked very lost at times the last few years so I was concerned about him, but it seems he transformed into a professional last season and carried it into this season.

Lastly, I don't think we should jump to conclusions with Kopitar wearing the C. If you recall, Brown's first year was absolute garbage as captain and he admitted it as much i the summer, stating he had no idea what went into being a captain. I think we should afford the same luxury to Kopitar, although I do see him leading by example and doing what he needs to do.

Now without the C on his chest, I have barely noticed Brown even less than I did before. The Kings MUST lose that contract if they want to keep the window open even for 1-2 more years. The guy is done as an impact player and just an older Nick Shore or Nolan.

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a trade Dwight King for the Winnipeg goalie Pavelec?? Both are UFAs to be, and would actually save Winnipeg $$$. If they put Quick on LTIR, then maybe that is enough cap savings to fit Pavelec under the cap??

Just a thought. But Winnipeg is sitting on an asset, so they could probably ask for more.

No matter what, Kings have more problems than a decent goalie can fix.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get the feeling that this is going down a Pittsburgh path. They won it in 2009, ended up paying 3-4 players a ton of money (Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Letang) and ebbed in and out of Playoff positions for 6 or 7 years until they cultivated some new youth to compliment those players. They lost a lot of good 3rd centers before winning again this year.

I can see LA having Kopitar and Doughty in mediocrity for a few years after this one concludes, but then having a competitive team again for another run.

*I think Kopitar deserves all criticism that comes his way since he wanted to make $10mil/year. The difference between the $7mil he used to make and the $10mil he makes now is almost the equivalent of a Slava Voynov on the backend. The Kings inability to plug that Top 3 d is due to financial restrictions, partly due to other players like Brown, but also due to Kopitar's huge salary (Not to mention Kopitar was manhandled by Pavelski in the Playoffs last year).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun, since I was looking at Kopitar's salary. Kopitar's $10mil/year works out to $121,951.22 per game (divided $10mil by 82 games), $40,650.41 per period, $2,032.52 per minute of each game.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comment on the C was more of a joke then anything, but realistically Kopitar should know exactly what it means to wear that, he had the A and by all accounts has been a leader on this roster for awhile. The letter itself isn't much of anything really and IMO this team doesn't need "leaders" there is a ton of leadership and experience on this roster.....they need players driven to win. What worries me is that when they can finally get the players they need they will get another key injury or whatever.....shit happens fast and season come and go just as quickly and those young stars become aging vets that have lost a step, LA roster cant afford to get slower

yes, I am pleased with what the Kings accomplished but like all of us I want it to last forever.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the same sentiment to be honest. If you look at 2014 specifically, the Kings could have easily lost a number of times (2 game 6's and 3 Game 7's, plus Games 4 & 5 to SJ), and never won that 2nd cup, so that's something I'll cherish forever, and something I'm grateful to have seen. When you compare how night and day different the two cup runs were, it's really amazing. That 2014 Western Conference Championship series against Chicago is arguably a generational series, and we might not have a series that comparable for another 10 years, and maybe never with those two teams.

"Once you're lucky, two you're good". Not to say LA was lucky, but that 2nd one really made this team's run undeniable.