• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on your Roster after Week 1

Paper Tigers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the interesting things about the league to me are the thoughts I have after just one week on players drafted from top to bottom of draft of my team. Since a handful of other people in league seem to have a lot of free time to debate odd things, I find this to be more enjoyable exercise. I probably have more guys that I'm a bit down on than up on after first week but luckily some of the guys I'm higher on are the big dogs.

Good News:
L.J. Scott, Michigan State - He is the man there by all accounts. Don't care about the numbers here vs Furman but sounds like coaches, writers, fans were impressed enough. He would never have been available Round 3 if people knew he'd have this spot and it looks like he's got it.

Nick Wilson, Arizona - In a tight game, Orlando Bradford got 1 carry. Hopefully Wilson can stay healthy with this type of load. Performed well also.

Okay News:
Trevor Knight, Texas A&M - Did not play great at all but the reason I kept him was for the TD scampers that he had in this game. Did enough to win the game and A&M didn't go 180 degrees toward running the ball a ton.

Damien Harris, Alabama - Although Bo got more carries, Harris had the long runs. Could be useful vs lesser teams down the road and may be 1A instead of 1B. What hurts him is Hurts playing as a dynamic running threat.

Richard Lagow, Indiana - Clearly the starter and seemed to play OK. They ran the ball alot though. Was hoping for more passing from Kevin Wilson. Not sure I could use him except vs like Purdue.

Kerryon Johnson - The positive is that they gave him the ball a lot and they really don't have other options. The problem is if they play a mediocre or better D, there just isn't enough on this O to move the ball all that well.

Bad News:
Ralph Webb, Vandy - Blasingame with 15 carries in a close game? Also, the offense still sucks. Looks like he is useful except for their FCS game maybe.

K-State WRs - I know its Stanford and they won't play any more Stanfords in the Big 12 but passing game has to be better or that plan I had isn't working.

Marcus Marshall, Geo Tech - I thought he'd be the guy at B-Back but he wasn't in game 1. Offense didn't look so great although its a solid D. Read on Twitter than Byron Pringle had 11 targets. I guess that's good!

Terry Godwin, Georgia - Seems like Chubb is full strength (understatement) and once they trust depth more, they are going to still run the ball a ton. Even if Godwin becomes #1 WR, not sure that they pass enough to make him worthwhile. Also, every game in SEC might be 12-10 this year.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay - some games still pending. i'll do this by position grouping rather than thumbs up/thumbs down

QBs - better than i had feared.

• Prukop looks pretty good - they stopped passing early in a blowout, but in a more competitive game he should give me some pretty good numbers
  • Garretson looked great. The Beavers have no running game to speak of and a pitiful defense. Garretson is going to be their whole offense. Bad for them, good for me
  • Austin Allen disappointed a bit - i had heard much better things about him than what he showed yesterday. I'm not giving up on him, but with other players doing well, he's moved down my depth chart a bit
  • Daniel Jones looked great. I can see why everyone in Durham has been raving about him. I wouldn't be surprised if i were wishing i had access to him as a keeper by year's end
  • Peterman was about what I expected. okay for a spot start, nothing spectacular
  • Florida State hasn't played yet. Those are to be determined
RBs - Not as strong as I had hoped, but still decent
  • Mike Weber got a lot of carries, but it looks like its JT Barrett's team for now. Hopefully they'll start giving him more looks where points may be scored
  • I expected more from Elijah Hood. Hopefully that's because they were facing Georgia. Run defenses aren't that strong in the ACC
  • Hilliman - loved the 73 yard run. hate that if you take that out, he's 16 runs for 29 yards. Jury's still out on him
  • Jones was facing Alabama. Not a fair sample. Jury's out on him too
  • Jaylen Samuels was great. He shouldn't be a RB, but he was great.
  • Thumbs down on Dontae Strickland. Split carries, didn't impress much when he did get the ball. I am skeptical of whether he will be on my team much longer
  • Brandon Holloway is far and away the best player on a bad Bulldog offense. should be fun to keep an eye on him, but i'm concerned that SEC defenses will almost certainly be able to match him without much else to be concerned about.
  • Kareem Walker didn't see the field yesterday. Not daunted though. matter of time
WRs - Good but room for improvement. Not being able to use Samuels at this slot hurts
  • Mike Williams was outstanding. Only complaint is that he never found the end zone. he will though
  • Jehu Chesson didn't get much work, but UM was facing a cupcake and the game was over, so he was probably getting a rest. I'm not too concerned
  • Chris Godwin was a man - again, he didn't find the end zone - yet. but he's helping me get over my hesitancy about Nittany Lion passing game players
  • I'm pleased with the number of quality looks that John Burt got, but he had a major case of the dropsies. hopefully he can work that out, and last night won't be the beginning of a major problem for him dropping balls this year
  • Malik Turner didn't see the ball a lot, but found the end zone twice. Hopefully he can keep that up. If he can, he may very well be making my starting lineup soon
  • Gehrig Dieter - jury is still out. one target, one catch, one touchdown. I need to see that target number go up.
  • Robert Wheelwright - 4 catches for 60 yards isn't bad, but it doesn't look like he's gonna be their #1 guy. we'll see when he's not going against LSU's #1 cornerback though
  • Darren Andrews - doesn't look like he's the guy for UCLA right now
  • Scott Bracey - 7 freshman played significant snaps for Duke, and Bracey wasn't one of them. Color me disappointed here.

Last edited:

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still pretty high on my team after just one week. I feel Giles is a guy I can now start. I just need my RB's to be consistent. Kenny Hill started off turning the ball over and right away I thought, "Here we go again", but he was lights out in the second half and if TCU D is that bad all year they are going to be in some really high scoring games. He was my high risk/reward roll of the dice. I need my RB's to be better though if I am going to hang on all season.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we draft again, please?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Luke Falk is amazing. I may just retire whenever he leaves CFB because I'm awful without him.

- I should've tsken nick Chubb.

- my receivers are worse than I could've imagined.

- how did navin miss Kenneth walker 3?

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst team ever

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My lack of any draft prep showed up a lot earlier than I hoped it would. No 2nd QB in this league is death and I got no 2nd QB. Plus my WRs suck :D

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty satisfied through week 1. WR is my concern right now.

Paper Tigers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My lack of any draft prep showed up a lot earlier than I hoped it would. No 2nd QB in this league is death and I got no 2nd QB. Plus my WRs suck :D

I thought saying no 2nd qb was hyperbole but I looked at roster and you actually have 1 qb who plays. How is that possible with 65 teams. This league is not called Soul-50

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought saying no 2nd qb was hyperbole but I looked at roster and you actually have 1 qb who plays. How is that possible with 65 teams. This league is not called Soul-50

I know...it's pretty amazing. In the past I used to have a much better system of drafting and keeping track of needs, what was left, etc. New job and lack of time just didn't allow for it. I basically was drafting while driving, in meetings, etc.

Paper Tigers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and its hard to pick backup QBs when you have studs like Trey Sneed still sitting on the board.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3