• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the Michigan sign stealing allegations?

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The head coach is responsible for everything that happens on their team. That is called leadership.

But we get why YOU think Harbaugh should not be punished.
The only point I am making is that Harbaugh did not necessarily have to be punished here. There is no way a HC can know every DM a coach is making after work. He cannot know every substance a player is putting in their body after practice. He cannot prevent his players from committing crimes. People want to shit on Harbaugh here, but there is nothing proving he was behind any of this. That is getting lost in all this.

And if you want to suspend the HC without completing an investigation, then we need to suspend the Ohio State head coach immediately after Michigan provided proof of their unsportsmanship that directly negatively affected Michigan. Otherwise, your logic makes no sense.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only point I am making is that Harbaugh did not necessarily have to be punished here. There is no way a HC can know every DM a coach is making after work. He cannot know every substance a player is putting in their body after practice. He cannot prevent his players from committing crimes. People want to shit on Harbaugh here, but there is nothing proving he was behind any of this. That is getting lost in all this.

And if you want to suspend the HC without completing an investigation, then we need to suspend the Ohio State head coach immediately after Michigan provided proof of their unsportsmanship that directly negatively affected Michigan. Otherwise, your logic makes no sense.

Yawn.

Your team already let Connor Stalions go. You think it was due to him following the rules?

The head coach is responsible for everything that goes on with his team.

I like how you are deflecting with the but Ohio State. Take the loss and move on.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn.

Your team already let Connor Stalions go. You think it was due to him following the rules?

The head coach is responsible for everything that goes on with his team.

I like how you are deflecting with the but Ohio State. Take the loss and move on.
you say the dumbest things in way that you want it to be that I am taking extreme positions. I suppose you need to make me seem extreme so that you can seem reasonable in opposition but you're just talking out of your ass. If you want to have an actual discussion then I'm more than willing to happen. But if you just want to strawman me rather than responding to anything I am actually saying, then you're only outing yourself as a mental midget.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OSU didn't break any rules. nice try.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU didn't break any rules. nice try.
There is a sportsmanship clause in the B1G bylaws. It is how they were able to suspend Harbaugh even though an investigation has not been completed. Are you saying that OSU providing Michigan's play signals to their future opponent doesn't violate basic tenets of sportsmanship?

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a sportsmanship clause in the B1G bylaws. It is how they were able to suspend Harbaugh even though an investigation has not been completed. Are you saying that OSU providing Michigan's play signals to their future opponent doesn't violate basic tenets of sportsmanship?
everyone has already weighed in on this. sorry, but it's a nothingburger. sorry, no it doesn't.

stop trying to deflect from the clear and present cheating michigan college engaged in.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you say the dumbest things in way that you want it to be that I am taking extreme positions. I suppose you need to make me seem extreme so that you can seem reasonable in opposition but you're just talking out of your ass. If you want to have an actual discussion then I'm more than willing to happen. But if you just want to strawman me rather than responding to anything I am actually saying, then you're only outing yourself as a mental midget.

Thanks for showing us you are a Michigan fan and there is no point in having one with you after this kind of post.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone has already weighed in on this. sorry, but it's a nothingburger. sorry, no it doesn't.

stop trying to deflect from the clear and present cheating michigan college engaged in.

If they just said that the coaching staff screwed up and went over the line, everyone would say yes and it would be over with.

But they have to find a way to make an excuse for it and have some type of mental gymnastic that everyone does it.

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Tuesday and still no injunction.

Pretty soon going to be like Francisco Franco is still dead

Last edited:

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they just said that the coaching staff screwed up and went over the line, everyone would say yes and it would be over with.

But they have to find a way to make an excuse for it and have some type of mental gymnastic that everyone does it.
What is bothersome is that in situations like this, the NCAA HAS to step in immediately because it affects too much by not acting. So the NCAA acts next year. great job assholes. meanwhile essentially team #5 in the playoff rankings gets screwed, whoever it will end up being, will be left out of the playoffs when they should have been in due to an ineligible team. so mich. may or may not win out, get a playoff spot, who knows how far they go, and then it's all vacated a year or two from now. :L:tsk:

And additionally, I don't want to hear anymore, "the players shouldn't suffer". That's BS, They damn well did know the coaches had the other teams signs. While I do agree the buck stops with the HC, IMO, the offensive and Defensive coordinators are big time guilty. All should be fired.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy is currently #2 for vegas odds on winning the Heisman

2023 College Football Heisman Trophy Odds

not really sure why. and I'm not campaigning for McCord. I think Harrison Jr. is deserving of it. but JJ is overrated.​

in the B1G QB rankings, 1 and 2 are: This this through 10 games played this season. Kyle takes a little more criticism than he deserves. No, he isn't CJ Stroud or Justin Fields.

1) J.J. McCarthy | Michigan​

Yards: 2,194 | TDs: 18 | INT: 3 | Comp. %: 76.2% | YPA: 10.3

2) Kyle McCord | Ohio State​

Yards: 2,687 | TDs: 20 | INT: 4 | Comp. %: 66.3% | YPA: 9.3

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Tuesday and still no injunction.

Pretty soon going to be like Francisco Franco is still dead
hearing set for friday, was announced on saturday, try reading

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is bothersome is that in situations like this, the NCAA HAS to step in immediately because it affects too much by not acting. So the NCAA acts next year. great job assholes. meanwhile essentially team #5 in the playoff rankings gets screwed, whoever it will end up being, will be left out of the playoffs when they should have been in due to an ineligible team. so mich. may or may not win out, get a playoff spot, who knows how far they go, and then it's all vacated a year or two from now. :L:tsk:

And additionally, I don't want to hear anymore, "the players shouldn't suffer". That's BS, They damn well did know the coaches had the other teams signs. While I do agree the buck stops with the HC, IMO, the offensive and Defensive coordinators are big time guilty. All should be fired.
so, when we run thru you like shit thru a goose, which would be 5 games after the supposed scandal broke we won and with all teams changing signals, or how they get plays in, michigan still should be banned? who is the homer now?

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hearing set for friday, was announced on saturday, try reading

First,you could knock off the snark

Secondly, there was comment after comment that there would be an injunction and he'd be reinstated in no time. The filing of the injunction has happened, the reinstatement not so much...unless I need to try reading more.

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First,you could knock off the snark

Secondly, there was comment after comment that there would be an injunction and he'd be reinstated in no time. The filing of the injunction has happened, the reinstatement not so much...unless I need to try reading more.
well, you need a court hearing for an injunction, so there is that

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, you need a court hearing for an injunction, so there is that

Something those who were claiming he'd be back on the sidelines immediately missed.

Just having a spot of fun with those who thought it'd be over by Sat night

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not really sure why. and I'm not campaigning for McCord. I think Harrison Jr. is deserving of it. but JJ is overrated.​

in the B1G QB rankings, 1 and 2 are: This this through 10 games played this season. Kyle takes a little more criticism than he deserves. No, he isn't CJ Stroud or Justin Fields.

1) J.J. McCarthy | Michigan​

Yards: 2,194 | TDs: 18 | INT: 3 | Comp. %: 76.2% | YPA: 10.3

2) Kyle McCord | Ohio State​

Yards: 2,687 | TDs: 20 | INT: 4 | Comp. %: 66.3% | YPA: 9.3
He might be overrated, but he has done a very good job of what has been asked of him. He didn't need to pass at all last week which is why his numbers are now low. I think he is out of the heisman hunt, as the team seems to be pushing Corum towards that award.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be overrated, but he has done a very good job of what has been asked of him. He didn't need to pass at all last week which is why his numbers are now low. I think he is out of the heisman hunt, as the team seems to be pushing Corum towards that award.
Sorry, not impressed. mich's super charmin soft schedule this year, its very easy to make many players look better than they are. The first tough defense they went up against, PSU. and PSU DID slow the wolverines down. Last minute touchdown to go up to 24, but midway through the 4th, mich. was held to 17 pts. not bad for a defense.

J.J. McCarthy went 7-of-8 and only threw for 60 yards.

those aren't heisman stats