• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

this team sucks!!!!

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, what really got me about the shootouts this year was only three goals scored during 11 shootouts... that is beyond sad. No talent or skill at all in scoring and it shows.... Lou can have all the hard working 3rd liners he wants, but that wont put the puck in the back of the net....

In Lou we trust? Keep drinking the Kool aid. Its time for a change... from top to botm....

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is a simple solution that could have solved this shootout BS at around #4 when you realized the team can't win em:

PULL THE FUCKING GOALIE IN OT!!!! YOU HAVE A TOP 5 PP FOR MOST OF THE SEASON!!!

good coaching would take advantage of your strengths and mitigate you weaknesses. I can't tolerate playing to your weakness and then hope everything will get solved just by saying shootouts don't deserve to be in the NHL. Hell, I'm about as far from an expert at hockey as you can get and I was able to pick up on something as simple as that.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
doobeee

if you guys play the rangers in the playoffs beat them please!

vort.........

there lies the problem. those grinders are the ones getting the scoring chances during the game that can't pot them too. you will have gionta getting a breakaway and getting stopped people will say its a great save by the goalie. no its a 4th liner coming in on a breakaway that can't score.

i didn't watch all the shootouts but from i remember out of all the chances only a handful of times they got the puck high. not rocket science. i'm pdb i would be telling them SHOOT HIGH

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doobeee

if you guys play the rangers in the playoffs beat them please!

vort.........

there lies the problem. those grinders are the ones getting the scoring chances during the game that can't pot them too. you will have gionta getting a breakaway and getting stopped people will say its a great save by the goalie. no its a 4th liner coming in on a breakaway that can't score.

i didn't watch all the shootouts but from i remember out of all the chances only a handful of times they got the puck high. not rocket science. i'm pdb i would be telling them SHOOT HIGH

I agree, Devil shooters would never lift the puck during the shootouts. I think they brought up this point a few times on NHL Tonight. They would always go wide & get stuffed by the goalies' pads. It's almost as if they did't even bother practicing shootout moves this year. Anyways, didn't think the Devils were that bad this year. Was really the shootout losses which buried them.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
no we were bad lol

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Devils have a losing record against the bottom 5 teams in the league. They are as bad as it looks, probably worse.

And no - DeBoer has said many times he doesn't practice shootouts.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Terrible against bad teams but somehow beat Boston, 2 out of 2 against Pitt, beat the Ducks and LA back to back on the road, beat the Blues 7-1 out of no where.

I don't remember a more frustrating season than this one. The shootout is an embarrassment, but it emphasizes the biggest issue on this team. Lack of talent.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't even think practicing shootouts would help this team. Going one on one in the shootout, its totally different every time. You have to see what the goalie is doing. Is he far out? Is he close to the crease. Does it look like the goaltender aggressive and is going to go for pokecheck? Its mostly reaction. Sure you have a couple go to moves, but in the end, its talent that will prevail.

Certain guys just don't like the shootout. I am sure Jagr has practiced one on one breakaways millions of times, but its just not something he ever did well.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i agree there isn't anything worth practicing in the shootout. but still it doesn't take a genius to realize try after try esp in the same shootout everyone is doing the same move. it really looked like the devils didn't even try the players were all just going out there and doing the same move.

backhand
forehand

by the time they are done with the move they are right on top of the goalie and can't lift the puck over his pad

it really does come down to skill because parise and kovy made it look easy they would rip it right under the bar. parise esp from his backhand!

the elias try in buffalo is prime example on how lazy these guys got towards the end

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kovy would go in with speed, split second release, and place the puck exactly where he wanted it. Half the time the goalie was frozen.

Parise was able to roof it right off the crossbar on the backhand. Again, talent. If he hits the right spot, its almost impossible for the goalie to stop it.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They must figure out a way to do something differently next season after OT. We can not go through this again!