• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This team is embarassing

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The end is coming for Homer and Hextall will take over. A new voice may work, but who the hell knows with these underachievers?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're getting better. If we can consistently play the way we did through the first two periods last night for the remainder of the season, we're going to win our fair share of games. The hole we're digging is just getting deep and it kills me to see two more points slip away when we probably deserved a better fate.

The least we can do is regroup after thursday night and get everything straightened out in practice. We have six full days off before the last three games of the month. If we don't do anything in those few games and we're 1-10 or 2-9, then maybe it's time to make more changes.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
total goals on season

Flyers: 10

JVR: 5

pathetic

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
total goals on season

Flyers: 10

JVR: 5

pathetic

you know, at the time, i honestly thought that the JVR trade wasn't too bad. we traded a strength for a need. maybe i would have liked a draft pick back in that trade, but whatever, i accepted it.

now... i really think that trade was a disastrous move. look, look schenn will probably develop into a decent top 4 defenseman. BUT, would our team be better with JVR or schenn longterm? i'd argue JVR.

with JVR and no schenn our forwards are better and our D isn't much different.

Timonen, Streit, Coburn, Grossmann, Gus, Mez... with JVR and G together...

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know, at the time, i honestly thought that the JVR trade wasn't too bad. we traded a strength for a need. maybe i would have liked a draft pick back in that trade, but whatever, i accepted it.

now... i really think that trade was a disastrous move. look, look schenn will probably develop into a decent top 4 defenseman. BUT, would our team be better with JVR or schenn longterm? i'd argue JVR.

with JVR and no schenn our forwards are better and our D isn't much different.

Timonen, Streit, Coburn, Grossmann, Gus, Mez... with JVR and G together...

In fairness, at the time, it was a decent trade. Up until that point, G was directly responsible for pretty much all of JVR's success. It was reasonable to assume that he might not have made the next leap forward. Hindsight is 20/20, but, like I said, I don't think it was an awful move at the time.

Looch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But looch we didn’t trade JVR for an old dman so I don't get your point? Look at it as a position change as that's what happened here. Flyers needed dmen badly.

I think the confusion is that you are focusing on JVR specifically and I am talking about the bigger issue which is us trading away young players without giving them a chance to fully develop. We have a group of guys who can't score goals and the guys we traded away are scoring goals and would have helped us.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're getting better. If we can consistently play the way we did through the first two periods last night for the remainder of the season, we're going to win our fair share of games. The hole we're digging is just getting deep and it kills me to see two more points slip away when we probably deserved a better fate.

The least we can do is regroup after thursday night and get everything straightened out in practice. We have six full days off before the last three games of the month. If we don't do anything in those few games and we're 1-10 or 2-9, then maybe it's time to make more changes.

that's where i am too.. i'm hoping tomorrow night really lights a fire under these guys and they practice HARD over the 6 days off and come back ready to roll afterwards.. if they continue to drop games after that, that's when i'll hit the panic button.. 2-11-1 including the preaseason is pretty awful, but it's not the end of the world.. takes some time to get rolling under a new coach.. it did with lavy too and look how that first year turned out

Looch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pull the C off of Giroux's sweater to send a message to the team. We are not going to "GIVE" the C to anyone, someone will have to step up and earn it. I'm not putting all the blame on him but I don't believe anyone on this team is acting like a leader right now.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pull the C off of Giroux's sweater to send a message to the team. We are not going to "GIVE" the C to anyone, someone will have to step up and earn it. I'm not putting all the blame on him but I don't believe anyone on this team is acting like a leader right now.

see, this is why i didn't want to give the C to giroux in the first place.. should've let him stay an A and given timonen the C.. in philly, there's too much pressure on the C and a lot of times people go to that to spark the team.. should've let G focus on scoring goals and carrying the team, let someone else worry about this type of stuff.. regardless of if it's the right move or the wrong one, G doesn't need this on top of everything else

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The preseason was clearly a disaster and 1-6 is bad without question, but there's close to 92% of the season remaining and we have a huge opportunity tomorrow night to see where we're actually at.

Look at all of the losing streaks in our division right now. The second and third playoff spots are there to be had for whichever teams step up and take them. That could easily be us across a long season of battling.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see, this is why i didn't want to give the C to giroux in the first place.. should've let him stay an A and given timonen the C.. in philly, there's too much pressure on the C and a lot of times people go to that to spark the team.. should've let G focus on scoring goals and carrying the team, let someone else worry about this type of stuff.. regardless of if it's the right move or the wrong one, G doesn't need this on top of everything else

This. It's not G's fault that Flyers Mgmt is so incredibly stupid as to give him the C in the first place after the Richards debacle. To much, too soon.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is awfully difficult to watch - they're in a serious idenity crisis - quite frankly I hope they get blown out tomorrow just so that people don't have false hope if they win this game just because it was against the Penguins

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long should management wait before making a big deal to shake things up? I'm not talking about Giroux. Maybe somebody like Hartnell.

The key is whether these teams want these guys or not - I hope Homer gets fired first before he ends up making a stupid move for the ages

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long should management wait before making a big deal to shake things up? I'm not talking about Giroux. Maybe somebody like Hartnell.

if i were in charge.. i'd give them a week or two after their 6-day mini-camp that's coming up after the pens game tomorrow.. with 6 days off they can get berube's system, whatever that is, under control, get a little more skating, do a little team building, and they should come back fresh and ready to rock.. if they dont, then it's time to make a big change.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps Homer will go after at the end of this season if they keep up this horrible play.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps Homer will go after at the end of this season if they keep up this horrible play.

He could be gone by the Olympic Break imo - they don't have to let him go at the end of the season - Homer's not going to be with this team long term anyways, this is going to be Ron Hextall's team