• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Offense Blows

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hope amaro pulls off a miracle during the off season. hahaha i know I'm in a fantasy world.

That ship sailed at the trade deadline. They could have sent Rollins and PapelTard to Detroit. Young to the Yanks for more than they got in August, Utley to a ton of teams, and Ruiz to a contender.

But no. They will enter 2014 with about $60 million locked up in the 1st, 2nd, short, and catcher.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one's predicting those numbers ever again. 25 - 30 homers would be useful in a lineup with Ruf, Brown, and Utley.

He hit 11 in half of a year... that's about 22 over a full year. We were under/at .500 with Howard in the lineup. We need more than hoping that Howard can be decent.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find an AL team that will take Howard if we also give them Dom Brown. If it is NY, that is 2 lefties for that short porch in right field. Assuming it is the Yankees, maybe with Jeter retiring Rollins will look good in pinstripes. I'm not sure who we get for them. Sign Ellsbury or Choo, possibly Nolasco. 2014 looks like this

Ellsbury
Utley
Choo
Ruf
\Asche
Ruiz
Hernandez/Revere
Galvis
P.

Rotation= LEE, Hamels, Nolasco,Gonzalez,TBD

not bad, Reuben

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
8 slices rye bread
8 slices deli sliced corned beef
8 slices Swiss cheese
1 cup sauerkraut, drained
1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing

Directions:
1.Preheat a large skillet or griddle on medium heat.
2. Lightly butter one side of bread slices. Spread non-buttered sides with Thousand Island dressing. On 4 bread slices, layer 1 slice Swiss cheese, 2 slices corned beef, 1/4 cup sauerkraut and second slice of Swiss cheese. Top with remaining bread slices, buttered sides out.
3. Grill sandwiches until both sides are golden brown, about 15 minutes per side. Serve hot.

Not a bad reuben!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
8 slices rye bread
8 slices deli sliced corned beef
8 slices Swiss cheese
1 cup sauerkraut, drained
1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing

Directions:
1.Preheat a large skillet or griddle on medium heat.
2. Lightly butter one side of bread slices. Spread non-buttered sides with Thousand Island dressing. On 4 bread slices, layer 1 slice Swiss cheese, 2 slices corned beef, 1/4 cup sauerkraut and second slice of Swiss cheese. Top with remaining bread slices, buttered sides out.
3. Grill sandwiches until both sides are golden brown, about 15 minutes per side. Serve hot.

Not a bad reuben!

That is one big sandwich

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cringe at the thought of signing Ellsbury.

They don't really have to do that one since they have Revere and or Hernandez to possibly lead off and play center. I added both Ellsbury and Choo since I realized without Brown they may need another bat. But really if you get rid of Howard you could use those guys in center and put a good offensive player either in left or first base and plug Ruf in to whichever spot is open.

Choo fits more into my plan because I would like to build with high OBP guys and Choos is ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't really have to do that one since they have Revere and or Hernandez to possibly lead off and play center. I added both Ellsbury and Choo since I realized without Brown they may need another bat. But really if you get rid of Howard you could use those guys in center and put a good offensive player either in left or first base and plug Ruf in to whichever spot is open.

I swear all your posts hover right in between sarcasm and seriousness.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the yankees are just itching to buy Howard's contract. I hope they take along Ruiz, Utley, Rollins, Papleturd. WTH, throw in Revere.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear all your posts hover right in between sarcasm and seriousness.

Yeah, I switched back and forth a couple times on that one. Either way my idea has about a zero chance of happening. I was trying to come up with a scenario where you actually could trade Howard and it seems like if you gave someone Brown as well they might take him. I think that big trade the Red Sox and Dodgers made last year was like that . The Sox gave up some good players and some they were disappointed it seemed like the main goal for Boston was to reduce salary. Personally, although I'd hate to give up a young guy like Brown, if it went down like that and they could also unload Rollins and sign Choo and Nolasco I'd be fine with it.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the yankees are just itching to buy Howard's contract. I hope they take along Ruiz, Utley, Rollins, Papleturd. WTH, throw in Revere.

Of course they are not itching to buy Howard's contract, but if you give them Dom Brown as well they might think about it.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find an AL team that will take Howard if we also give them Dom Brown. If it is NY, that is 2 lefties for that short porch in right field. Assuming it is the Yankees, maybe with Jeter retiring Rollins will look good in pinstripes. I'm not sure who we get for them. Sign Ellsbury or Choo, possibly Nolasco. 2014 looks like this

Ellsbury
Utley
Choo
Ruf
\Asche
Ruiz
Hernandez/Revere
Galvis
P.

Rotation= LEE, Hamels, Nolasco,Gonzalez,TBD

not bad, Reuben

This is sarcasm, true? Ellsbury, 30 - $9 mill/yr and Choo, 31-$7mill/yr. Revere batting 7th. Of course it is.lol