• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is how to switch teams with class...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of this post is beside the point. George was UNDER CONTRACT by the Pacers. It's not hypocritical because an organization's best interest is more important than an individual's best interest, and lord only knows where you came from if you think otherwise. There's a reason that the Kobes, Dirks, and Duncans of the world are held in higher regard than the Carmelos and Dwights of the world.

And I also see you conveniently left out my argument that George only averaged five FT attempts per game last season and blames the uniform on the front of his jersey for not getting calls. He basically thinks that by jumping into Kobe's magic shadow that he won't have to work as hard for his points, and that by being a "breathing superstar" in a Lakers jersey will automatically get him more calls.

Not going to work for him. If anything, he'll only get the same amount of calls playing off the ball more alongside Westbrook.

Kobe, Dirk and Duncan are held to a higher regard because they're better and have won titles.

George never told the Pacers he wasn't playing this season. He just let them know that WHEN HIS CONTRACT WAS UP that he wasn't going to re-sign with the team. It's a concept that everyone else has grasped, but of course you haven't. Because homerism.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. If George had the audacity to see the season play itself out, the Pacers probably would have been in better position to rebuild if he would happen to leave.

I fail to see how Utah is in limbo. They still have a DPOY candidate in Gobert, they stole Mitchell from the Nuggs on draft night, and the trade for Rubio signals that they plan to pick up the pace on offense. If anything, Hayward leaving was a blessing for them in that it allows them to continue to develop young talent and by saving money as well.

None of their four playoffs games with GS were even close, which is a sign they weren't anywhere near title contention.

Utah's ceiling is low playoff seed in the West; most likely going to just miss the playoffs. Not bad enough to get a high draft pick. Not good enough to be a viable threat to get past the 1st round with Hayward gone. Gobert's limited offensively. Mitchell hasn't played one regular season game yet. Rubio is a below average PG.

Taking the best player off the team certainly doesn't help their chances.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe, Dirk and Duncan are held to a higher regard because they're better and have won titles.

George never told the Pacers he wasn't playing this season. He just let them know that WHEN HIS CONTRACT WAS UP that he wasn't going to re-sign with the team. It's a concept that everyone else has grasped, but of course you haven't. Because homerism.

LeBron is held in higher regard than all 3, and he is famous for switching teams.

At the end of the day, players are remembered for how great they are and what they actually accomplish.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I dislike Hurricunt. You can't have a sensible argument/debate with him because he's too emotionally unstable to grasp anything. Remember, this is the same guy that said Indiana was going to eventually dethrone Cleveland in the East and make it to the Finals.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is held in higher regard than all 3, and he is famous for switching teams.

At the end of the day, players are remembered for how great they are and what they actually accomplish.

Impossible. According to Dij's logic, Lebron's not better because he's not loyal.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, paul gave the Clips 6 or 7 years? And really didnt skip town until he realized that he had maxed out in LA, and that the arrow was pointing down on that team

Hayward left Utah as soon as he possibly could, sending the Jazz back into the shitter for God knows how long....I think any fan worth their weight, should tell him to shove his thank you letter up his ass
Agree.

I was comparing It to Paul George's situation, not Hayward.

Despite the thread technically being pro-Hayward.

Its really a but hurt Indy fans way of disparaging George by praising another.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

I was comparing It to Paul George's situation, not Hayward.

Despite the thread technically being pro-Hayward.

Its really a but hurt Indy fans way of disparaging George by praising another.

translating butthurt-ese? my, but you ARE a gifted one...:D

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way to not be a coward is to stay with the team you were drafted by, like my boy ZO.

mU9LlTY.gif

997.gif

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely understand that perspective.

But, at the same time, we are talking about Utah. The fact he considered resigning says a lot about Hayward. I realize Jazz fans are great, but it isn't a market that is going to be attractive to many players. Also, as good as the team is, they have zero chance of beating the Warriors in a playoff series over the next 4 years, with or without Heyward.

Agreed, Im really just disputing how "classy" Jazz fans should be receiving his letter

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon is a known racist, it's no surprise he chose to play in Boston, and it's no surprise Boston wanted him.

White supremacy wins again, it's disgusting and tbh, the Celtics should be banned from the league along with the rest of Boston sports, those racist KKK member fans of theirs don't deserve to have any sports teams.

In fact, just burn that whole fucking shit state of Assachuseets to the mother fucking ground.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of this post is beside the point.

No it isn't. The entire post is exactly on point.

George was UNDER CONTRACT by the Pacers.

And? At what point did PG say he wouldn't fulfill his contract? At what point did he say he would hold out until he was traded? He did neither of those things. He simply told the Pacers that he would not re-sign after the season. At no point did he refuse to fulfill his contract.

It's not hypocritical because an organization's best interest is more important than an individual's best interest, and lord only knows where you came from if you think otherwise.

The organizations best interest is only more important to the organization. The individuals best interest is more important to the individual. If the organization feels it is in it's best interest to get rid of the individual, they have every right to get rid of them.

If the individual feels it is in their best interest to leave, they have every right to do so. It really is that simple.

There's a reason that the Kobes, Dirks, and Duncans of the world are held in higher regard than the Carmelos and Dwights of the world.

The Kobe's, Dirk's and Duncan's of the world are held in higher regard than the Carmelo's and Dwight's because they were better players. Just like the Shaq's, Lebron's, etc. are also held in higher regard.

And I also see you conveniently left out my argument that George only averaged five FT attempts per game last season and blames the uniform on the front of his jersey for not getting calls.

I left it out because it was stupid and had nothing to do with the discussion. He's didn't leave because he didn't get calls. He left because he doesn't want to play for the Pacers anymore. Your nonsense about him saying he didn't get calls is just you deflecting and desperately trying to cling to something that literally everyone on here disagrees with you about.

Last edited:

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon is a known racist, it's no surprise he chose to play in Boston, and it's no surprise Boston wanted him.

White supremacy wins again, it's disgusting and tbh, the Celtics should be banned from the league along with the rest of Boston sports, those racist KKK member fans of theirs don't deserve to have any sports teams.

In fact, just burn that whole fucking shit state of Assachuseets to the mother fucking ground.
Time to blow your theory out of the water.

Boston just signed Aron Baynes. I know what you're thinking... "Another white dude. Friggin' racists!"

Not so fast! Here's Aron Baynes' wife:

Aron-Baynes-wife-Rachel-Adekponya-Baynes-Images.jpg

Aron-Baynes-wife-Rachel-Adekponya-Baynes-photo.jpg

Checkmate.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boston just signed Aron Baynes. I know what you're thinking... "Another white dude. Friggin' racists!"

Checkmate.
Hopefully she doesn't show up to any games, doubt she'll make it out alive, poor woman.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Checkmate.

Man that lady is scorching hot

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet why is this the case in basketball specifically? Why not football? John Elway and Peyton Manning would probably have something to say about that.

This is very simple...

The NFL by far is the most popular sports league in America, so a great player will get a ton of national exposure regardless of team. That's not the same case with the NBA or MLB, where you typically need to play in a top market to get that exposure (with few exceptions).

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for one, we wouldn't have had to swallow any bad contracts for him in a trade.

Pacers didn't have to do any of that....they blew it as they could've waited and fielded more offers.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is very simple...

The NFL by far is the most popular sports league in America, so a great player will get a ton of national exposure regardless of team. That's not the same case with the NBA or MLB, where you typically need to play in a top market to get that exposure (with few exceptions).

There's plenty of NFL players that switch teams. It's just not the QB's. Learning the new play book, getting in sync with the receivers, getting the blocking schemes down for your tendencies, the fact that if you're a superstar QB then the team you're on has basically built its offense around you, ... If you have a good thing going as a QB the dumbest thing in the world to do would be bailing for another city.