• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is going to be a long pre season...

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These new media rules will mean nothing will be coming out of Halas Hall on how folks are looking or what the D is shaping up to be... Yikes.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have a link to a list of these rules? I haven't heard a thing.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears have altered what reporters can report on during training camp... Basically, they get the first 5-10 min of camp to see what players look like stretching, then that's it for reporting. No reporting who's playing on what team, like first team reps or second team reps... No reporting on anything like that. Camp is basically closed until Bourbonnais and the public is invited in.

From Jeremy Stoltz :

The Bears no longer allow video or still shots taken beyond the first 10 minutes of practice. Gone are the days when we could film the rookies throughout practice to give the fans a better idea of their skill sets.

The Bears no longer allow media to report on the specifics of practice, including who is playing where and with what team (starters, backups, etc.).

C

cubzzzfanincali

I knew it. The Bears are going to have Shea and Jay trade places and we won't know about it until the season starts. This explains everything.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears have altered what reporters can report on during training camp... Basically, they get the first 5-10 min of camp to see what players look like stretching, then that's it for reporting. No reporting who's playing on what team, like first team reps or second team reps... No reporting on anything like that. Camp is basically closed until Bourbonnais and the public is invited in.

From Jeremy Stoltz :

The Bears no longer allow video or still shots taken beyond the first 10 minutes of practice. Gone are the days when we could film the rookies throughout practice to give the fans a better idea of their skill sets.

The Bears no longer allow media to report on the specifics of practice, including who is playing where and with what team (starters, backups, etc.).

They're still going to do pressers with them and interview the players/coaches. What are we missing? A few shots of Jay Cutler completing a 15 yard post pattern to Kevin White in shorts? Oh no!

Basically, all we're going to miss out on is a bunch of bull shit melodrama of reporters reaching to create an interesting headline for the 5 o'clock news and CSN sports net. "Well, I heard Jay Cutler shout this across the field today… (blah, blah, blah)… I guess we'll just have to see what the maligned veteran quarterback means come opening day at Soldier Field against the Green Bay Packers."

We don't have to deal with every team fight (AKA Marty Bennett and Kyle Fuller) being turned into some bad reality show parody over the next two weeks. I say, good freaking riddance. We're missing out on nothing.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're still going to do pressers with them and interview the players/coaches. What are we missing? A few shots of Jay Cutler completing a 15 yard post pattern to Kevin White in shorts? Oh no!

Basically, all we're going to miss out on is a bunch of bull shit melodrama of reporters reaching to create an interesting headline for the 5 o'clock news and CSN sports net. "Well, I heard Jay Cutler shout this across the field today… (blah, blah, blah)… I guess we'll just have to see what the maligned veteran quarterback means come opening day at Soldier Field against the Green Bay Packers."

We don't have to deal with every team fight (AKA Marty Bennett and Kyle Fuller) being turned into some bad reality show parody over the next two weeks. I say, good freaking riddance. We're missing out on nothing.

Actually, if you never read any of Stoltz's "paid for articles, like ESPN Insider" he used to give very in depth coverage of the Bears training camps... Who looked good, who were obvious busts... Who was learning a new position how they looked. Which team #1's, #2, etc guys were playing with. Sure the Bears will "release" coverage they deem worthy but Stoltz was pretty much uncensored in his view and opinion.

Sounds like everything we are going to here about training camp will be filtered by the Bears Organization.

C

cubzzzfanincali

So what you are saying is it will be a lot like our current political media. OK, gotcha.