• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This has been the BEST offseason ever.

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pujols - gone.
Braun - suspended (50 games for PED)
KRod - accepted arbitration from Brewers, saddling them with an expensive relief pitcher that probably means...
Fielder - also gone.

And the Cubs can't decide what they're doing so the division is basically imploding. Reds are probably the safe choice to take the division but it depends on what the Cardinals do with their Poo-hole money.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny I was thinking the same thing.

It is nothing but poetic justic for the crap that the Brewers are going through and their best FA signing was Alex Gonzalez and got screwed into keep K-rod.

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pujols - gone.
Braun - suspended (50 games for PED)
KRod - accepted arbitration from Brewers, saddling them with an expensive relief pitcher that probably means...
Fielder - also gone.

And the Cubs can't decide what they're doing so the division is basically imploding. Reds are probably the safe choice to take the division but it depends on what the Cardinals do with their Poo-hole money.

God, I LOVE that this stuff is happening to Braun & the Brewers!
I HATE that bunch of Punks on that team!

Burgh.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great offseason for you folks

don't worry about us(the Reds) we'll find a way to screw it up

REAL_Harrison

Amateurstitute
Hoopla Cash
$ 510.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced the Cards won't wind up with Fielder though, and even if they don't they will find a way to be competitive without Pujols just because they are well run

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced the Cards won't wind up with Fielder though, and even if they don't they will find a way to be competitive without Pujols just because they are well run

Very true but I am not sure Berkman will have the same results this year. If Wainwright comes back healthy they have a good top of the rotation. But that is a HUGE hole to fill at 1B that no one player can.

If not the Cards I have a feeling Fielder will end up in the AL where he can DH more.

With Pujols gone and the issues the Brewers are having this division is more wide open than it ever has been. It will be an interesting/fun season.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well good news no chance of Steve Pearce playing for the Pirates! He is now the Twins problem.

They did sign two minor league filler relievers in Kris Johnson and Ryota Igarashi. As for Igarashi I don't remember ever seeing him but he puts up a ton of K's but still think he will never stick.

Anyway the more I see him sitting out there I would love the Pirates to make a move o Kuroda for the year but I don't think they will be outbid Arizona or New York for him.

Also has anyone heard anything on Maholm? I haven't even seen or heard any rumors on him at all which I am surprised no team is looking at him with the likes of Joe Saunders getting looks.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have a feeling Maholm is keeping close with the Pirates, he and Hammer twitter back and forth a lot. I have no proof, just think they will eventually work something out, he currently has no reason to be talking to anyone, better options available that increase his price when they come off the board.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm....it's nice to have options, ie bring Maholm back. But there are only so many roster spots. Having 7 or 8 #4 or #5 starters doesn't do a team any good because there are only so many innings to go around, it's bad roster management to be honest. If they sign Maholm (or any other pitcher for that matter) they have to start trading guys away to make it worthwhile.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hmmm....it's nice to have options, ie bring Maholm back. But there are only so many roster spots. Having 7 or 8 #4 or #5 starters doesn't do a team any good because there are only so many innings to go around, it's bad roster management to be honest. If they sign Maholm (or any other pitcher for that matter) they have to start trading guys away to make it worthwhile.

I agree, but if you can bring him back and move Morton or McDonald for an upgrade at 1B or 3B, then it would make sense. I am by no means saying we should or would do this, but with the current roster, we are not going to compete and we need long term position players so that when our minor league pitching is ready they will still be here. We also all know NH's philosophy you can never have enough dung flung, eventually something has to stick.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but if you can bring him back and move Morton or McDonald for an upgrade at 1B or 3B, then it would make sense. I am by no means saying we should or would do this, but with the current roster, we are not going to compete and we need long term position players so that when our minor league pitching is ready they will still be here. We also all know NH's philosophy you can never have enough dung flung, eventually something has to stick.

Yea, something like that, don't care who it is.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds are in go for it while we have Votto mode now.

Picked up Latos for 4 players/prospects.

If Fielder ends up out of the NL central, the Reds will be the favorites to win the division for sure.