• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This could explain our O line last year

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am seriously worried about football players in the next ten years. As big and as fast and as hard as some of these players play injuries are going to become more and more a factor.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is a bit disturbing to me. Are we that shallow that the guys felt they would hurt the team more by getting the treatment they needed. Where was the player development on the O side of the ball. Do we have to have guys get put out of games b4 we bring in other players.
This is why I question Watson's coaching ability and teaching how players how to play the game and play in the system. The D side brought in walkons, moved people from other positions to play and play well I might add. This should have been a year when we saw a lot of player development on the O side of the ball and in my opinion really didn't. Is it cause the kids do not know ALL of the plays so Watson doesn't have to think at all and can just call what he wants. This makes me wonder how much of Colorado's Hawkins coaching methods Watson is holding on to. Stick to the people we like come hell or high water, instead of having the kids work to hold onto their spot week in and week out. Seems that keeps everyone motivated to get better and improve all season. If a person needed shoulder surgery I have a hard time believing we didn't have anyone that would have played more consistently better than a player that was hurt this badly. That is two of the offensive players that had to have surgeries after the season was over that I know of and nothing seemed to ever be truely done to improve non starters during the season. If that does not change we will have a hard time having the quality program that Devaney and TO built up.
I have said it b4 Watson for me is on a very very short leash this year and would rather start having others on staff start to take over the roll of the OC and any other coach that does not seem to be getting the kids to get and perform better throughout the season.