• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thieves in the NFL fined RGIII for "unauthorized" apparel.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nfl_a_rg3_mb_300.jpg

The NFL sucks.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 got we he deserved for breaking the rules! RatFace better keep that women in line, or it's gonna be a LONG season for the Redskins. God Bless...

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 got we he deserved for breaking the rules! RatFace better keep that women in line, or it's gonna be a LONG season for the Redskins. God Bless...

normally I wouldn't be caught dead agreeing with atf but the fact of the matter is...players KNOW the NFL rules in this situation...break em and get a fine...its that simple...like your money ? tow the company line then. Its a very very simple equation. If I was the NFL I would have the same rule, AND enforce it.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this on the Redskins board too. Nike forks over a boatload of money to the NFL to be the sole apparel provider. The NFL HAS to protect that, or when the next contract comes around, the winning bidder won't bid as much. It's a no-brainer, NFL has to fine him. I'm sure adidas will make it up on the back end to RG3.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this on the Redskins board too. Nike forks over a boatload of money to the NFL to be the sole apparel provider. The NFL HAS to protect that, or when the next contract comes around, the winning bidder won't bid as much. It's a no-brainer, NFL has to fine him. I'm sure adidas will make it up on the back end to RG3.

Well, the irony is the NFL drew attention to that shirt now that they fined him during a practice session where really no one pays attention.

Now we are all looking at the very thing they did not want anyone to see.

:clap:

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I understand the complaint, the NFL can't just let players wear whatever they want in pre-game. They want a standard look for branding. It's still a business that owners and the NFL spend billions promoting and I doubt that to many employers would want their professional employees wearing personal messages on their work attire. What's to stop a guy from promoting say.... weed (Von comes to mind, just kidding) or his personal company or a gang? While on the surface it's Goodell being a over critical ass he's right. If you let that go then you have to let other things go as well. It shouldn't have been that steep of a fine though.