• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now there is speculation Lincoln is gonna jump to Fear at some point

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.pastemagazine.com/artic...f-the-walking-dead-is-going-to-be-a-glor.html

It’s already been widely reported that AMC is making some kind of huge monetary offer to Norman Reedus in order to make Daryl Dixon the de facto “main character” of future episodes, which would certainly imply additional episodes after the end of the ninth season. But Daryl? Really? If you hadn’t watched any of The Walking Dead since Season Two, that might seem like good news to you. Back then, Daryl Dixon was the show’s most popular breakout character, and for good reason. Intriguingly characterized through his adversarial (but grudgingly familial) relationship with his psychotic, racist brother Merle, he was a figure fans could empathize with and rally around. But whatever interest once existed in Daryl has been slowly ground away over the last six seasons, reducing him to a largely silent, squinting, occasionally grunting soldier who has barely spoken in complete sentences since the end of Season Four. The goodwill that existed for his character is long since gone, and AMC should realize this.

This is why the departure of Lauren Cohan hurts that much more. If there was one character on The Walking Dead who legitimately seemed to be receiving grooming to be the new main character in Rick’s absence, it was Maggie. Still carrying the baby of good old Glenn through what has been a very long and stressful pregnancy, her impending motherhood marked a clear impetus to transition from “fighter” to leader and strategist. In fact, one of the only threads of the entire Negan storyline that critics (ourselves included) seemed to enjoy was the slow rise of Maggie from another member of the Grimes Gang to the de facto leader of The Hilltop after ousting the uniquely pathetic Gregory. The eighth season even ends with a (patently ridiculous) tease that Maggie, Daryl and Jesus (nice guy Jesus, of all people!) might be somehow plotting against Rick, bitter and resentful that his plan was to spare Negan after the war. Is AMC really planning to pay off that seedling of future plot in only six episodes? Does the first half of The Walking Dead Season Nine build up to Rick and Maggie killing each other for no good reason, after 100-plus episodes of being allies? Followed by a show where Daryl grunts and scowls his way through an additional eight episodes while battling an entirely different adversary?

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.pastemagazine.com/artic...f-the-walking-dead-is-going-to-be-a-glor.html

It’s already been widely reported that AMC is making some kind of huge monetary offer to Norman Reedus in order to make Daryl Dixon the de facto “main character” of future episodes, which would certainly imply additional episodes after the end of the ninth season. But Daryl? Really? If you hadn’t watched any of The Walking Dead since Season Two, that might seem like good news to you. Back then, Daryl Dixon was the show’s most popular breakout character, and for good reason. Intriguingly characterized through his adversarial (but grudgingly familial) relationship with his psychotic, racist brother Merle, he was a figure fans could empathize with and rally around. But whatever interest once existed in Daryl has been slowly ground away over the last six seasons, reducing him to a largely silent, squinting, occasionally grunting soldier who has barely spoken in complete sentences since the end of Season Four. The goodwill that existed for his character is long since gone, and AMC should realize this.

This is why the departure of Lauren Cohan hurts that much more. If there was one character on The Walking Dead who legitimately seemed to be receiving grooming to be the new main character in Rick’s absence, it was Maggie. Still carrying the baby of good old Glenn through what has been a very long and stressful pregnancy, her impending motherhood marked a clear impetus to transition from “fighter” to leader and strategist. In fact, one of the only threads of the entire Negan storyline that critics (ourselves included) seemed to enjoy was the slow rise of Maggie from another member of the Grimes Gang to the de facto leader of The Hilltop after ousting the uniquely pathetic Gregory. The eighth season even ends with a (patently ridiculous) tease that Maggie, Daryl and Jesus (nice guy Jesus, of all people!) might be somehow plotting against Rick, bitter and resentful that his plan was to spare Negan after the war. Is AMC really planning to pay off that seedling of future plot in only six episodes? Does the first half of The Walking Dead Season Nine build up to Rick and Maggie killing each other for no good reason, after 100-plus episodes of being allies? Followed by a show where Daryl grunts and scowls his way through an additional eight episodes while battling an entirely different adversary?

giphy.gif

Yes?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No word on his status with Talking Dead, but you gotta think his career is over.

He has been strung up and hung for witchcraft.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No word on his status with Talking Dead, but you gotta think his career is over.

He has been strung up and hung for witchcraft.

New show "Talking With Chris Hardwick" or something like that has been "put on hiatus". I'd find it extremely hard to believe they'd let him air another Talking Dead show; that said, if they did, I would love to watch it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though there does seem to be a bit of an under swell to have Yvette Nicole Brown replace him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New show "Talking With Chris Hardwick" or something like that has been "put on hiatus". I'd find it extremely hard to believe they'd let him air another Talking Dead show; that said, if they did, I would love to watch it.
No way will they let a witch on tv.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of assholes that deserve their careers ended in the #metoo movement, but boy do I really hate seeing anyone ostracized entirely on hearsay of one individual without even the attempt to let both sides have their story heard.

Too easy to get back at people you have a gripe with in this climate.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of assholes that deserve their careers ended in the #metoo movement, but boy do I really hate seeing anyone ostracized entirely on hearsay of one individual without even the attempt to let both sides have their story heard.

Too easy to get back at people you have a gripe with in this climate.

Yeah, it's pretty creepy that it's now become 'guilty until proven innocent' with many of these #metoo cases.

I'm a small time, second rate local entertainer.....but..... hypothetically, if I made it big, I suppose I'd have to worry about a disgruntled girlfriend from 25-30 years ago who may have been pissed because she didn't receive enough attention, and has decided to concoct a BS narrative about abuse in order to get some $$$.

Fame and fortune definitely has it's downside. I guess most of us are lucky to simply be unknown middle class schmucks.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shows in shambles

Gonna hope that Bernthal can boost it with a quick appearance apparently.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shows in shambles

Gonna hope that Bernthal can boost it with a quick appearance apparently.
If he is actually making an appearance, it will be in a quick flashback or hallucination.

Though it would be pretty kickass if he were an alien...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is actually making an appearance, it will be in a quick flashback or hallucination.

Though it would be pretty kickass if he were an alien...

It’s been confirmed that he is returning.

Best guess would be some sort of flashback/hallucination during Ricks send off(whatever that may be).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s been confirmed that he is returning.

Best guess would be some sort of flashback/hallucination during Ricks send off(whatever that may be).
But I still want the alien thing. I have been waiting for that for 4 or 5 years. It won’t happen, though.