• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most long running series like this end badly. Lost, Twin Peaks, The Soprano's, Seinfield to name just a few. .

You have too many threads to tie up. People have expectations. You can't please everyone etc.

I'm the same. There are characters I want to see survive, others with their head on a pike etc. I'll bet others have different expectations.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most long running series like this end badly. Lost, Twin Peaks, The Soprano's, Seinfield to name just a few. .

You have too many threads to tie up. People have expectations. You can't please everyone etc.

I'm the same. There are characters I want to see survive, others with their head on a pike etc. I'll bet others have different expectations.

True but overall I do not think this is a very good show. Its always suffered pacing problems, some dictated by budget, others probably caused by poor writing. I stuck with it for a while because I liked the comics (for a while), the first season was good, and whenever I was about to give up there was a really good episode.

The last season I watched was brutal. It was the one leading up to Negan and for a whole season there were mistakes and missteps leading right up to where we knew it would. The episode where Negan is introduced is like a bad looney toons cartoon. "Here they are - turn around, oh here they are again. Duh.".

I watched the first two of the following season and thought it was crap and stopped. Looking back over the seasons I watched its a very average show if not below average.

Seriously you all should watch Supernatural or Charmed, its probably better than this show.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but overall I do not think this is a very good show. Its always suffered pacing problems, some dictated by budget, others probably caused by poor writing. I stuck with it for a while because I liked the comics (for a while), the first season was good, and whenever I was about to give up there was a really good episode.

The last season I watched was brutal. It was the one leading up to Negan and for a whole season there were mistakes and missteps leading right up to where we knew it would. The episode where Negan is introduced is like a bad looney toons cartoon. "Here they are - turn around, oh here they are again. Duh.".

I watched the first two of the following season and thought it was crap and stopped. Looking back over the seasons I watched its a very average show if not below average.

Seriously you all should watch Supernatural or Charmed, its probably better than this show.

I didn't start watching the Walking Dead until like Season 4 because I just thought zombie shows are basically silly sh*t. But I started watching and what pulled me in were the characters and the issues these characters faced. i.e. it was less about the zombies and more about the problems other people presented.

I liked the leadup to Negan because of the main character stories at the time. I think initially the storyline with him and the saviors was interesting. Now I'm sick of Neegan and wished someone had just put a bullet in his head already. Although even now I really want to know what happens to Eugene the cowardly a-hole.

Yeah the writing has been fraying for a while with many implausible and drawn out episodes.

And Both Rick and Neegan should be dead 10x times over by now because they both do incredibility stupid things all the time.

But I want to see how it finishes..

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they ever should have made a 2nd show. Instead they should have used some of the better ideas and characters from Fear The Walking Dead on The Walking Dead. Neither show is great but Fear The Walking Dead seems to be getting better as The Walking Dead gets worse. Combine ideas from both shows and they might still have one really good show instead of 2 mediocre ones.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they ever should have made a 2nd show. Instead they should have used some of the better ideas and characters from Fear The Walking Dead on The Walking Dead. Neither show is great but Fear The Walking Dead seems to be getting better as The Walking Dead gets worse. Combine ideas from both shows and they might still have one really good show instead of 2 mediocre ones.
Great idea...

If quality was the ultimate goal.

But quality is so far down the list of goals, you might as well not even list it. Cashing in on the show and squeezing every possible dollar out of it I saw the only goal that is even remotely considered.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one am glad Carl is dead/dying!!!

Couldnt stand this character throughout his whole arc. Then they were basically making him a 6' lil kid. I am so happy he is about to be toast. Then again I am not a Comic book reader so I have no vested interest in Carl from there. so there is that.

I am celebrating him dying. Now if the preacher dies too. Good!!!

Hope they bury the hat with him as well!!!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big shakeup on Walking Dead...

Gimple is no longer the show-runner of EITHER show anymore. He has been bumped up to something called “Chief Content Officer”, which I guess is kinda the equivalent of Kevin Feige with the MCU. He will oversee both shows as well as any other universe content (not sure if Tell Tale falls under this umbrella).

Angela Kang is the new show runner of TWD with Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg helming Fear.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1/13: The Walking Dead (AMC) renewed for a 9th season.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You really want to invoke supernatural as a show that hasn't gone on for too long? They had the perfect wrap up to the series in the 5th season, but then the network picked it up and here we are like a decade later with a shit product since.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really want to invoke supernatural as a show that hasn't gone on for too long? They had the perfect wrap up to the series in the 5th season, but then the network picked it up and here we are like a decade later with a shit product since.
Oh I'm sure it has, I haven't watched it for years. It's still probably better than TWD. Certainly better written and better paced.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm sure it has, I haven't watched it for years. It's still probably better than TWD. Certainly better written and better paced.
Two shows you don’t watch, but insist on comparing specific details about?

That makes sense.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two shows you don’t watch, but insist on comparing specific details about?

That makes sense.
I watched TWD for a long time and finally gave up because it wasn't just not good, it was bad. Unless it got better the past season, which from what I hear it didn't - then it still sucks. Pick a random show, it's probably better written and paced than TWD.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lauren Cohen leaving Walking Dead

Shit! She is the only reason I am still watching that show.

Relax......she is not leaving The Walking Dead.....yet.

Cohan is only doing a pilot episode for ABC called Whiskey Cavalier, not a full series. She is probably doing it as leverage for her contract negotiations with AMC/The Walking Dead.

The Walking Dead's Seth Gilliam Talks Lauren Cohan's Potential Exit

However.......If Whiskey Cavalier gets picked up as a full series by ABC.....well, then things will get interesting with her career direction. At that point Cohan will need to decide if she wants to leave The Walking Dead for the lead role as a CIA agent in ABC's Whiskey Cavalier, or perhaps remain with The Walking Dead. If she remains with The Walking Dead, her pilot role in Whiskey Cavalier will simply be re-cast if it is picked up as a full series by ABC.