• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Umbrella Academy

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet they did

Interesting article to show much else they botched in the name of wokeness

Groan... I'm guessing the producers thought it would be a good idea to jump on her coattails on this one. So unnecessary, but it shouldn't bother anyone unless they make a point to announce it in every episode.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Groan... I'm guessing the producers thought it would be a good idea to jump on her coattails on this one. So unnecessary, but it shouldn't bother anyone unless they make a point to announce it in every episode.

Would’ve been easy to just replace her than make 2 major character changers in 2 seasons due to her being a nut job

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how are they jumping on his coattails?

would you rather they recast the character?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show has history. Continuity

Let’s not ruin it with woke bs

But they try anyway
so how would you handle it? Recast?

or do you pivot and make a minor tweak to the story?

get over it. Elliot's character isn't even the best one, so who cares if it's a dude or a chick playing the role? It's not like anyone has actually read the source material.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how are they jumping on his coattails?

would you rather they recast the character?
Because announcing a fictional character as trans to align with the real actor/actress' personal choice isn't necessary. This looks more like they wanted to appeal their show to that demographic, and not about showing support. But that's just my opinion.

Recast isn't necessary. Why recast an actor/actress because of what they choose to identify as? That shouldn't impact a role, which is controlled by writers, not the actor/actress.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because announcing a fictional character as trans to align with the real actor/actress' personal choice isn't necessary. This looks more like they wanted to appeal their show to that demographic, and not about showing support. But that's just my opinion.

Recast isn't necessary. Why recast an actor/actress because of what they choose to identify as? That shouldn't impact a role, which is controlled by writers, not the actor/actress.
so how do you explain it away in the show? Why not just make the character trans?

by doing this I think they ARE showing support. How many trans people do you think are going to watch the show now that there is a trans actor playing a trans character?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so how do you explain it away in the show? Why not just make the character trans?

Becuase that’s not who the character is?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would recast.

If she’s not willing to play the role as is. They’ve already changed it twice for her

It’s ridiculous

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would’ve been easy to just replace her than make 2 major character changers in 2 seasons due to her being a nut job
that's the worst idea I have heard.

but not surprised coming from you.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Becuase that’s not who the character is?
again, who cares?

it's a fictional show and the gender of the character doesn't make an ounce of a difference.

does it fuck up a love story you were really into? was the character some sort of sex symbol you whacked off to?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

by doing this I think they ARE showing support. How many trans people do you think are going to watch the show now that there is a trans actor playing a trans character?
Explain what exactly? Did she have any procedures done?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the character or Elliot?
Elliot. What about his/her transgenderness would be necessary to explain in relation to a fictional character?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliot. What about his/her transgenderness would be necessary to explain in relation to a fictional character?
because Elliot identifies as a male and the character he was playing identified as a female.

do you want Elliot to just keep playing the female character?

1655817150220.png

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because Elliot identifies as a male and the character he was playing identified as a female.

do you want Elliot to just keep playing the female character?
Why couldn't he/she keep playing the female character? Its the role that he/she signed up for. Doesn't matter what he/she looks like off the screen. A haircut is easier to dismiss or write into a role than announcing they are trans. And if its the physical look youre obviously implying requires justification, then maybe you need to go back & watch the show because nothing about his/her outfits in the show would require modification for his/her new body. He/She wore long sweaters & coats...

TUA_201_Unit_06296RC-e1623207505657.jpg

The role of a fictional character does not have to align with an actor/actress. Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.

Again, I'm not saying this is wrong. Don't get it twisted. Just unnecessary.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why couldn't he/she keep playing the female character? Its the role that he/she signed up for. Doesn't matter what he/she looks like off the screen. A haircut is easier to dismiss or write into a role than announcing they are trans. And if its the physical look youre obviously implying requires justification, then maybe you need to go back & watch the show because nothing about his/her outfits in the show would require modification for his/her new body. He/She wore long sweaters & coats...

TUA_201_Unit_06296RC-e1623207505657.jpg

The role of a fictional character does not have to align with an actor/actress. Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.

Again, I'm not saying this is wrong. Don't get it twisted. Just unnecessary.
because that's insulting to Elliot to ask him to play a female. He is making an effort not to be a female. Saying "um, you still have to be a female" is not going to sit well with him.

so you flex the character a little. It's really not a big deal. I have watched the show, the character's sex has nothing to do with the character, IMO

and who cares about the character's outfits? it's not about them being concerned about spending on new clothing or anything. This is about being sensitive to the actor and what they want.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because that's insulting to Elliot to ask him to play a female. He is making an effort not to be a female. Saying "um, you still have to be a female" is not going to sit well with him.

so you flex the character a little. It's really not a big deal. I have watched the show, the character's sex has nothing to do with the character, IMO
Its a job. An employer doesn't need to refocus a job's responsibilities to be sensitive to your personal choices. There are plenty of ways they can support Elliot without affecting the character role.

No its not a big deal to flex the character. I get why they are doing it, but its not necessary IMO. The character's appearance is as vanilla as it gets & doesn't require a shift in the character's physical configuration.

and who cares about the character's outfits? it's not about them being concerned about spending on new clothing or anything. This is about being sensitive to the actor and what they want.

My question and your response with a picture of Elliot's body implies you think it requires explanation. The outfits are an easy way to show why its not necessary to explain an actor/actress becoming trans.

A haircut is the only readily apparent change here.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a job. An employer doesn't need to refocus a job's responsibilities to be sensitive to your personal choices. There are plenty of ways they can support Elliot without affecting the character role.

No its not a big deal to flex the character. I get why they are doing it, but its not necessary IMO. The character's appearance is as vanilla as it gets & doesn't require a shift in the character's physical configuration.

My question and your response with a picture of Elliot's body implies you think it requires explanation. The outfits are an easy way to show why its not necessary to explain an actor/actress becoming trans.

A haircut is the only readily apparent change here.
from Elliot's perspective, and from the perspective of the producers, they see it as necessary. They want to keep their employee happy and by not insulting them by making him play a female, they are doing that.

I don't know if you are familiar with dead names and whatnot when it comes to those who have transitioned, but it is extremely insulting to refer to someone who has transitioned by their dead name, or what they used to be.

to say "hey, um, can you still play a chick" would likely be a pretty bad suggestion to a transitioned man like Elliot.