• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Tampa Bay Lightning have recalled goaltender Andrei Vasilevskiy from the Syracuse Crunch.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suspicious: I have a funny feeling ole Pooper & the VI are up to no good again! Probably trade him for someone shitty like Weiss or another Morrow! :frusty: :rant:

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bishop has a 'slight nagging issue' hence the reason why Vasy has been recalled. Cooper said postgame Bish got injured but played the rest of the game. It happened in the 1st, I can only remember it vaguely but he jumped up for a loose puck and a leafs player (think it was Kessel) clipped him and Bish then held his wrist afterwards. Yzerman has later said Vasy has been recalled as a precaution.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Bishop injury prone and Nabby unreliable it behooves them to have a reliable Tender so they won't slip down the standings too far and miss the playoffs.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good, I hope Bishop gets better. I thought our 2 clowns were going to do sum ting stupid! Nabby, like Morrow, is a "has been". Bishop is a "head injury Harry", injury prone to the max! I'm never 1 to wish away a life but I hope Vasy grows up quickly & matures to be a superb net-minder. We'll need him especially if Harry can't stay healthy!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suspicious: I have a funny feeling ole Pooper & the VI are up to no good again! Probably trade him for someone shitty like Weiss or another Morrow! :frusty: :rant:
there is no way yzerman is moving vasi or bishop he knows you need goalie depth after what happened with lindback in the playoffs last year. there smart get vasi some nhl games in case he needs to play in the playoffs for bishop. as for nabokov if they got a decent draft pick for him i could see yzerman doing that and letting guds back up bishop and vasi start for the crunch.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now would you trade bishop and connolly for taylor hall ?

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bishop has a 'slight nagging issue' hence the reason why Vasy has been recalled. Cooper said postgame Bish got injured but played the rest of the game. It happened in the 1st, I can only remember it vaguely but he jumped up for a loose puck and a leafs player (think it was Kessel) clipped him and Bish then held his wrist afterwards. Yzerman has later said Vasy has been recalled as a precaution.

According to the team, there is no injury reason for the Vasilevskiy recall, Cooper said he'd be back and now he is
— Erik Erlendsson (@erlendssonTBO) [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]549953369679597568[/MEDIA]"]December 30, 2014[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Developing: The Lightning has recalled touted goalie prospect Andrei Vasilevskiy from AHL Syracuse.

GM Steve Yzerman said Vasilevskiy was called up as a "precaution," as starter Ben Bishop is dealing with a minor nagging issue. Bishop likely won't practice today in Buffalo and be reassessed Wednesday morning, Yzerman said. There doesn't appear to be an injury issue for Evgeni Nabokov.
Vasilevskiy, 20, will join the team in Buffalo as it begins a four game road trip. He impressed in his first call up earlier this month, going 2-1-0 with a 2.01 goals against average.
Coach Jon Cooper had hinted Vasilevskiy would get another chance to play with Lightning this season. It just wasn't expected to be so soon.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Taylor Hall in a heartbeat. He is a proven young player. Connolly is a ? he can't hold on to the puck. Bishop you don't know if he'll be here next week ? I like Bishop he was the answer to our goalie problems last year then come playoffs and he's hurt. He's not as good as last year and seems to be ailing all the time.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Oilers would want Vasy and not Bish to be fair, they'd probably want a young D man as well either Gudas or Sustr to go along with one of our young forwards for Hall.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not Danny. Vasi is the future of the Lightning and I hope he stays with us. I wouldn't mind giving up Connolly or Gudas but Sustr is improving every game and Cooper must trust him a lot because he's giving him important minutes in tight situations

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Taylor Hall in a heartbeat. He is a proven young player. Connolly is a ? he can't hold on to the puck. Bishop you don't know if he'll be here next week ? I like Bishop he was the answer to our goalie problems last year then come playoffs and he's hurt. He's not as good as last year and seems to be ailing all the time.

taylor hall would give the lightning a legit winger for stamkos. I would do bishop, Connolly and sustr for him. Vasy and Nabokov can do the same what bishop is doing. but it's hard to part with bishop! I like the guy but bolt has a point he is a broken glass gets hurt a lot. As bishop gets older his injuries will get worse that's a big body for a goalie. it's hard to say see I want to win cups not a cup. I don't think we get a cup this year even with bishop and vasy. so do we trade bishop for a major up grade on the wing for steven stamkos ? bishop and vasy have two years left on there deals after this season so by then the lightning must make a goalie choice for there number one.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me I think it would be stupid to go all out and land a player like Hall. This team has the most points in the east, they are all talented deep team that can go along way when playing up to their potential. To me why trade 2 or 3 players away for all be it a very good player like Hall to play with Stamkos when you have Drouin?? Now Drouin has struggled at times but the potential is there, I think next year is when we will see Drouin really kick on and therefore by the ideal playmaker for Stamkos. Now I've said we need to get somebody to play with Stamkos but i'm talking short term rather than long term because I think Drouin is the long term answer but I do think we need somebody like Jagr or Hudler who can act like a bridge gap to play with Stamkos for the time being and then Drouin's the man going forward.

As for the goalie situation I can't believe people would be content with letting Bish go. I know he struggles with injuries but he's the backbone of this team. His stats are overall slightly down last year but a 2.29 G.A.A and a .914 SV% isn't shabby you can't complain with that those stats. Whose the Number #1 going forward? Vasy with out a question so why rush? He's played extremely well but why rush him when you have a goalie of the quality of Bish? Vasy has played well so far in the NHL but it's only 4 games. He needs to be in the AHL playing as many games possible were he isn't being rushed so then he could find himself potentially backing up Bish in the playoffs or at worst backing Bish up next year. The plan will to be trade Bish after the 2015-2016 season (with 1 year left on his deal) if Vasy is ready at the point to be the starter.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me I think it would be stupid to go all out and land a player like Hall. This team has the most points in the east, they are all talented deep team that can go along way when playing up to their potential. To me why trade 2 or 3 players away for all be it a very good player like Hall to play with Stamkos when you have Drouin?? Now Drouin has struggled at times but the potential is there, I think next year is when we will see Drouin really kick on and therefore by the ideal playmaker for Stamkos. Now I've said we need to get somebody to play with Stamkos but i'm talking short term rather than long term because I think Drouin is the long term answer but I do think we need somebody like Jagr or Hudler who can act like a bridge gap to play with Stamkos for the time being and then Drouin's the man going forward.

As for the goalie situation I can't believe people would be content with letting Bish go. I know he struggles with injuries but he's the backbone of this team. His stats are overall slightly down last year but a 2.29 G.A.A and a .914 SV% isn't shabby you can't complain with that those stats. Whose the Number #1 going forward? Vasy with out a question so why rush? He's played extremely well but why rush him when you have a goalie of the quality of Bish? Vasy has played well so far in the NHL but it's only 4 games. He needs to be in the AHL playing as many games possible were he isn't being rushed so then he could find himself potentially backing up Bish in the playoffs or at worst backing Bish up next year. The plan will to be trade Bish after the 2015-2016 season (with 1 year left on his deal) if Vasy is ready at the point to be the starter.
I agree at some point there plan is to trade bishop! This is like quick and bernier

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever we do I hope we hold on to Vasi. He's the kind of goalie like Ken Dryden who won the Vezina trophy 5 times in his 7 years plus about 4 Stanley Cups.