• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Sopranos

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Gandolfini dead for real it's unlikely.

Seriously though, they don't need to wrap things up any more. Because life would still go on after they did a wrap up. David Milich said as much when he ended Deadwood. Nothing really ends unless you rub out an entire cast.
eh they could do something. With Gandolfini dead, they could play it like Tony is dead and that's what happened in the diner. But what happens? They turn to witness protection?

However, I canNOT see David Chase saying "let's do this". It isn't his style to go and make a movie off that

AJ is essentially out of acting.
I haven't seen Meadow anywhere but Entourage playing herself.
Carmella's got a nice gig with Nurse Jackie.

They won't bring it back.

I love the way it ended.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rewatched it this morning and all I came up with was Uncle Juniors line when Tony told him he used to run New Jersey, made me think maybe Junior still ran New Jersey. The other thing was thinking that maybe the fans just wanted to see Tony really whacked (rubbed out) in the ultimate hit of the entire series. But like I said, the entire episode was like scene, one line, next scene, trying to leave as much meat on the table for the proposed movie.

I really disliked Tony but maybe that is how it really was. Maybe bosses don't care about what goes on with other's families and such. It's all business. I really didn't care what happened to him after he killed Chris. I would have bet he was gonna get Paulie before Chris though. I just didn't want him shot in front of Carm and Meadow.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't thought about the Sopranos forever, but it was an awesome series. I also binge watched over a couple month span and never really thought about the fact I may have viewed it differently that someone who spaced it out over years.

It's a good point and I've done it with other shows (SoA and Breaking Bad).

I need advice on another series to start any ideas?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh they could do something. With Gandolfini dead, they could play it like Tony is dead and that's what happened in the diner. But what happens? They turn to witness protection?

However, I canNOT see David Chase saying "let's do this". It isn't his style to go and make a movie off that

AJ is essentially out of acting.
I haven't seen Meadow anywhere but Entourage playing herself.
Carmella's got a nice gig with Nurse Jackie.

They won't bring it back.

I love the way it ended.

Agreed.

In the meantime I'll watch The Deuce.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't thought about the Sopranos forever, but it was an awesome series. I also binge watched over a couple month span and never really thought about the fact I may have viewed it differently that someone who spaced it out over years.

Have no idea what you have seen. Some of my faves...

Shield
GoT
Better Call Saul
Lost
Smallville
Firefly (only 1 season, but it was SOLID)
BSG (a lot of people didn't like the end, but I thought it was alright)
Marvel Netflix (DD1, JJ, DD2, Cage, Fist, Defenders)
House of Cards

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have no idea what you have seen. Some of my faves...

Shield
GoT
Better Call Saul
Lost
Smallville
Firefly (only 1 season, but it was SOLID)
BSG (a lot of people didn't like the end, but I thought it was alright)
Marvel Netflix (DD1, JJ, DD2, Cage, Fist, Defenders)
House of Cards
I'm seriously considering starting Lost as my next TV series project. Good or bad idea?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seriously considering starting Lost as my next TV series project. Good or bad idea?
The first 2 season are stellar. It kinda gets lost (no pun intended) in S3 due to the writers strike, and the fact that they were waiting on a commitment from ABC for a full series run. At that time, they weren't sure whether to wrap it up or play the long game. Once they knew how long the show would last (I think that came down late S3), the pacing of the show really improved.

Overall, a great show. But just realize they are dealing with HUGE themes, so don't expect everything wrapped up with a pretty bow at the end.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I liked the 1st season, the second was ok to begin with then for me it started getting way too far fetched. I know it was sci-fi, but for me the story has to be plausible. Which is why I stopped Fear the Walking Dead (just plain ridiculous) and I'm seriously feeling that happening with TWD after last season.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first 2 season are stellar. It kinda gets lost (no pun intended) in S3 due to the writers strike, and the fact that they were waiting on a commitment from ABC for a full series run. At that time, they weren't sure whether to wrap it up or play the long game. Once they knew how long the show would last (I think that came down late S3), the pacing of the show really improved.

Overall, a great show. But just realize they are dealing with HUGE themes, so don't expect everything wrapped up with a pretty bow at the end.
I already know that the ending has been the cause of much derision, though I do not know what the ending is in any way.

I'm just kind of nervous about watching shit from ABC. FOX, ABC, CBS, and NBC all generally have pretty shitty show quality from the little bit I've seen. And when you can't say the word "fuck" it's kind of stupid to me (I know that technically AMC and FX shows aren't allow to say "fuck" either, but there is a huge difference in my opinion, and I consider their quality as good as the premium networks).

For example, IIRC, FOX doesn't allow smoking on their television shows (the other three may have the same rule, I don't know). I mean, come on dude.

But I'll give it a try in the imminent future.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already know that the ending has been the cause of much derision, though I do not know what the ending is in any way.

I'm just kind of nervous about watching shit from ABC. FOX, ABC, CBS, and NBC all generally have pretty shitty show quality from the little bit I've seen. And when you can't say the word "fuck" it's kind of stupid to me (I know that technically AMC and FX shows aren't allow to say "fuck" either, but there is a huge difference in my opinion, and I consider their quality as good as the premium networks).

For example, IIRC, FOX doesn't allow smoking on their television shows (the other three may have the same rule, I don't know). I mean, come on dude.

I understand the hate for the end, I just don't necessarily agree with it. I didn't LOVE the end, but I was ok with it.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed Lost. I watched it like I did the Sopranos, meaning every day. I didn't have to wait for from season to season or week to week. As already stated, the first 2 seasons were really good.

It seems like it was about 120 episodes. I hated finishing it. Loved the characters

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Justified is one of my favorite recent television shows. I highly recommend it.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

does smoking in a television show really add that much to the viewing experience for you? How is that a deal breaker?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does smoking in a television show really add that much to the viewing experience for you? How is that a deal breaker?
No, of course not. It's just a stupid rule, and maybe it's weird, but it kills suspension of disbelief for me.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, of course not. It's just a stupid rule, and maybe it's weird, but it kills suspension of disbelief for me.
it's not something I have ever thought about. Maybe having never been a smoker myself, it isn't something that I think about.

I never once thought "Man, I bet Phil would love to step outside for a cig right about now" when watching Modern Family.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I recently ditched Direct TV and went to sling got the Amazon Firestick and Hulu. The firestick afforded me the ability to watch series I never watched in the past. Long story being short I watched Sopranos for the first time and the finale' sure left me hanging. Were the Sopranos killed, did Tony whack the potential assassin that went the bathroom, or did nothing at all happen? WTF

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason why it is considered one of the most frustrating series finales of all time.