• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SEC, B12 and ACC and anyone that didn’t cancel yet has an out

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could happen once.

Once.

The vast majority of these university presidents loathe sports. Sports are just a pain in their asses. They are much more into the "Arts" side of universities.

They'll take the easy way out and kill sports to avoid violence.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B12, ACC and SEC need to announce they’ll play in 2 weeks and hide behind the reasoning in the OP to do so.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the sure violence the university presidents are afraid of.
Fuck that ... let the protestors show up and the police will show them out. If not, the fans will. You gonna live in fear of protestors? I'm not.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The vast majority of these university presidents loathe sports. Sports are just a pain in their asses. They are much more into the "Arts" side of universities.

They'll take the easy way out and kill sports to avoid violence.
Kill sports? I'll have some of what you're drinking this afternoon. Vandy in the SEC, that's it. The rest would lose their jobs if they did that. They also know that athletics is the biggest marketing tool they have. Get rid of sports, you will see students go elsewhere.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ww.kbtx.com/2020/08/11/sec-commish-medical-experts-gave-conference-green-light-to-effort-toward-2020-college-football-season/

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play football and risk riots and violence.

University presidents be like....

f47af04fe2cad0110a6f71fdffcc88c0.gif

They'll have to import the rioters.

During the 60's when riots were a way of life...They always happened in the winter, spring and
summer. There was a reason for that. Football being played in the fall. If there is a mob
of 5,000 people on the streets...only around 200 of them are hard-core "believers." The rest are
there to fuck around and cause issues, as long as nobody gets seriously hurt. During football
season only the hard-core would be out there and maybe a couple of hundred extra. Everybody welse was
partying for games. Football topped everything else.

The riots ended with Kent State and two weeks later at Jackson State, when rioters were killed.
That eliminated all the big crowds on campus, because of the possibility of getting shot.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the sure violence the university presidents are afraid of.

Fuck that ... let the protestors show up and the police will show them out. If not, the fans will. You gonna live in fear of protestors? I'm not.

I gather you missed the point.

The university presidents won't let them play football.

No need for fans or protesters to show up to the stadium if there's no game.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B12, ACC and SEC need to announce they’ll play in 2 weeks and hide behind the reasoning in the OP to do so.

Yall heard anything about a Big12 meeting tonight? One of VT's big boosters that posts on the 247 board is saying the Big12 is having a meeting tonight and if that decision were made a few days ago then the plug would have been pulled. Dude has been pretty spot on about all of this so far and is most definitely a big wig at Tech.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yall heard anything about a Big12 meeting tonight? One of VT's big boosters that posts on the 247 board is saying the Big12 is having a meeting tonight and if that decision were made a few days ago then the plug would have been pulled. Dude has been pretty spot on about all of this so far and is most definitely a big wig at Tech.

Unfortunately I’m not connected like that to WVU.

@GoldRusher you hear anything?

Haven’t seen much on the tweeter about anything from folks who usually have an opinion. I’m of the impression Lyons and Brown can appeal to Gee. But unfortunately he is only one vote of 10. Trying to do this in my head OU and UT want to play. I imagine they tell their little brothers (TT and OSU) to vote with them or else. So that’s 4 that want to go. ISU is probably a go. So it’s the two kansas’, Baylor and TCU along with WVU that are dragging their feet. Not sure what to expect.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haven’t seen much on the tweeter about anything from folks who usually have an opinion. I’m of the impression Lyons and Brown can appeal to Gee. But unfortunately he is only one vote of 10. Trying to do this in my head OU and UT want to play. I imagine they tell their little brothers (TT and OSU) to vote with them or else. So that’s 4 that want to go. ISU is probably a go. So it’s the two kansas’, Baylor and TCU along with WVU that are dragging their feet. Not sure what to expect.

Here's what he said earlier....just fwiw.

"Everything comes down to the B12. It will be very difficult to stop the negative momentum if the B12 folds (even for the SEC and of course the ACC). I understand the B12 meets to discuss and potentially vote on an outcome tonight. As of a couple days ago (this weekend) the B12 wanted to shut things down, but that momentum shifted some the last few days. Where it stands now is anyone's guess. Seems like we'll know where they come out in a few hours. It's not hyperbole to say the next few hours could change college football."

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what he said earlier....just fwiw.

"Everything comes down to the B12. It will be very difficult to stop the negative momentum if the B12 folds (even for the SEC and of course the ACC). I understand the B12 meets to discuss and potentially vote on an outcome tonight. As of a couple days ago (this weekend) the B12 wanted to shut things down, but that momentum shifted some the last few days. Where it stands now is anyone's guess. Seems like we'll know where they come out in a few hours. It's not hyperbole to say the next few hours could change college football."

Truthfully I think they’ll delay but that’s just a guess. It’s good that the two biggies want to play though. That can help a ton with playing.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

May be talking to Nebraska about a one year membership.. FAR left field but I have heard that.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gather you missed the point.

The university presidents won't let them play football.

No need for fans or protesters to show up to the stadium if there's no game.
I got the point ... you are scared of protesters and think the presidents are, too. If the SEC/ACC/B12 presidents say yes, they won't care about the protestors you are discussing.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the point ... you are scared of protesters and think the presidents are, too. If the SEC/ACC/B12 presidents say yes, they won't care about the protestors you are discussing.

You're truly an idiot. How does pointing out university presidents slight of hand make me scared of protesters?

Oh, that's right it doesn't.

You keep picking that low hanging fruit, and counting your chickens before they're hatched.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're truly an idiot. How does pointing out university presidents slight of hand make me scared of protesters?

Oh, that's right it doesn't.

You keep picking that low hanging fruit, and counting your chickens before they're hatched.
But I am not counting my chickens before they hatch. I've been consistent in all my posts. There is a good chance we get no college football. I think that's rather obvious.

It's just that they Alpha 3 conferences are wise to wait and see what develops knowing they could wait until mid-October if needed. Meanwhile, the Cuck 2 conferences assumed the fetal position today (to your credit, your team seems to be one that would rather be an Alpha than a Cuck).

I truly think the B1G though they were powerful enough to make the others follow. There are many posts here to that effect. They misjudged their influence ... the Alpha conferences are going to wait it out, even if they later have to cancel.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I am not counting my chickens before they hatch. I've been consistent in all my posts. There is a good chance we get no college football. I think that's rather obvious.

It's just that they Alpha 3 conferences are wise to wait and see what develops knowing they could wait until mid-October if needed. Meanwhile, the Cuck 2 conferences assumed the fetal position today (to your credit, your team seems to be one that would rather be an Alpha than a Cuck).

I truly think the B1G though they were powerful enough to make the others follow. There are many posts here to that effect. They misjudged their influence ... the Alpha conferences are going to wait it out, even if they later have to cancel.

Heck, winter is mild enough in the SEC, they could delay the start of their season to December if they wanted to.
A December, January February season.

I truly believe Covid becomes back page news after November 3rd. Regardless of who wins. Vaccine or no vaccine. Masks or no masks.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, winter is mild enough in the SEC, they could delay the start of their season to December if they wanted to.
A December, January February season.

I truly believe Covid becomes back page news after November 3rd. Regardless of who wins. Vaccine or no vaccine. Masks or no masks.
2 good points ... without the B1G, the extreme weather goes away for the most part. Even better point that the politics of this goes away Nov 3, especially if Biden wins. Not sure it goes away if Trump wins.

I am also pretty positive on the vaccines sooner rather than later.