• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"The Rock" buys, and possibly saves, the XFL

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the product was ok.

Rock-solid buy: Ex-WWE star, group to own XFL

A group including actor and former WWE star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has agreed to purchase the XFL for approximately $15 million, according to a news release issued Monday morning.

The XFL declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy April 13 and has been seeking a buyer for the past three months, marketing itself as a made-for-TV product that could transition as early as 2021 to a bubble concept during the coronavirus pandemic. It is unclear when Johnson and his investors -- who include his business partner and ex-wife, Dany Garcia, along with RedBird Capital Partners -- plan to revive the league.
... and there's the end of The Rock's fortune.

hqdefault.jpg

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and there's the end of The Rock's fortune.

hqdefault.jpg
I doubt it. He will still have the tequila money coming it.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a fanny pack for christmas from my mom once. I wore it once and got laughed at by everybody I knew, so I threw it in my closet and stashed my weed and pipe in it. Thanks for the useful gift mom!:heh:

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All joking aside, did you see any of those games? I bet we can find some 50 year old SportsHoopla slobs who are good enough to start in the XFL.

You called?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his movies are always on the top of the list of highest grossing films every year.

He has Under Armour money coming in, his tequila company, that show that was on HBO...dude is loaded.

plus he is still probably bringing WWE money.

He is also a very intelligent, well-grounded man. Just look at his WWE stuff. He got out of their in the prime with his health still intact.

Plus, he also isn't getting bled dry by three or four ex-wives like some other wrestlers. (Ric Flair, Stone Cold for example).

Oh yeah, The Rock is very financially stable and even if this fails, he will still be doing just fine in the money department.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. He will still have the tequila money coming it.

he spent about 5% of his net worth. pocket change. makes you think.

The Rock Dwayne Johnson Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth
Yeah... now. How much more will he pump into it, as it continues to hemorrhage money? The player salaries are already ridiculously low, and there's nothing left to squeeze until it either catches on or dies.

I like The Rock. I just worry he'll be doing crap game shows like 'Titan Games' into his mid-70s. If ever there was an ex-player who should own a pro sports franchise, it's The Rock.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is also a very intelligent, well-grounded man. Just look at his WWE stuff. He got out of their in the prime with his health still intact.

Plus, he also isn't getting bled dry by three or four ex-wives like some other wrestlers. (Ric Flair, Stone Cold for example).

Oh yeah, The Rock is very financially stable and even if this fails, he will still be doing just fine in the money department.
he's a good dude, a family man, hopefully no skeletons in his closet.

Who doesn't love The Rock? He has done everything right since leaving WWE.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's a good dude, a family man, hopefully no skeletons in his closet.

Who doesn't love The Rock? He has done everything right since leaving WWE.

Amazing how well he played an arrogant asshole character during his heyday in wrestling.

Legend!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how well he played an arrogant asshole character during his heyday in wrestling.

Legend!
I wasn't a wrestling fan during the attitude era, but he was definitely one of the best heels in their history...

I think he switched to babyface at some point, right?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't a wrestling fan during the attitude era, but he was definitely one of the best heels in their history...

I think he switched to babyface at some point, right?

Oh yes. Switched back and forth a couple of times.

He started off as a smiling aw shucks babyface in 97ish and was booed out of every arena. There were actually chants of "Die Rocky Die" from fans who hated that character. The Attitude Era as they called it was just about to be born. People hated the lily white goody two shoes characters and wanted something different.

And so Rocky Johnson became The Rock. He was headed towards being an absolute bust before his first heel turn.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$15 million is pretty cheap, but it did fail.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes. Switched back and forth a couple of times.

He started off as a smiling aw shucks babyface in 97ish and was booed out of every arena. There were actually chants of "Die Rocky Die" from fans who hated that character. The Attitude Era as they called it was just about to be born. People hated the lily white goody two shoes characters and wanted something different.

And so Rocky Johnson became The Rock. He was headed towards being an absolute bust before his first heel turn.
just went through his wiki to see his switches.

his biography one day will be awesome.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just went through his wiki to see his switches.

his biography one day will be awesome.

I did make one error in my previous post.

I called him Rocky Johnson, which was actually his father.

He was using the Rocky Maivia name when he first started.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... now. How much more will he pump into it, as it continues to hemorrhage money? The player salaries are already ridiculously low, and there's nothing left to squeeze until it either catches on or dies.

I like The Rock. I just worry he'll be doing crap game shows like 'Titan Games' into his mid-70s. If ever there was an ex-player who should own a pro sports franchise, it's The Rock.
thats for his future investors investors to worry about.

my favorite life saying

futurehomeproblem.gif

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he should be begging Kaepernick to come play in the XFL. That would bring in a viewership.

The XFL already had discussions. Kap asked for $20 million. This is a league that pays their QBs on average $250K per year. That isn't going to happen.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only reason he'll continue to do stuff like that is to keep busy. He doesn't have a lower gear and he doesn't need the money.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL needs to supplement it as a minor league and then pull players from it like a waiver system