• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Redskins locker room must really be lacking in leadership

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desean Jackson emerges as an influential voice?

Jackson's RG3 speech helps fill Redskins void
2014-11-10 13:32

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) - It has taken DeSean Jackson, of all people, to provide a Washington Redskins leadership moment.

Last week, before the team broke for the bye, the veteran receiver sensed possible team division over the decision to bring Robert Griffin III back as the starter over Colt McCoy.

So Jackson stood up at the end of a full team meeting in the Redskins Park main auditorium and said everyone needs to unite behind the coaches' decision.

Players said they were surprised because Jackson is typically a quiet guy who leads by example. They say his short speech had an impact.

Jackson said Monday he wishes there were more vocal leaders in the locker room.

---

AP NFL websites: Professional football news from the Associated Press and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desean Jackson emerges as an influential voice?

Jackson's RG3 speech helps fill Redskins void
2014-11-10 13:32

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) - It has taken DeSean Jackson, of all people, to provide a Washington Redskins leadership moment.

Last week, before the team broke for the bye, the veteran receiver sensed possible team division over the decision to bring Robert Griffin III back as the starter over Colt McCoy.

So Jackson stood up at the end of a full team meeting in the Redskins Park main auditorium and said everyone needs to unite behind the coaches' decision.

Players said they were surprised because Jackson is typically a quiet guy who leads by example. They say his short speech had an impact.

Jackson said Monday he wishes there were more vocal leaders in the locker room.

---

AP NFL websites: Professional football news from the Associated Press and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL

This absolutely, positively, cannot be true.......because when some here talked about it, it was called CSI :whistle:

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jackson becoming a leader isnt a bad thing. this is a positive story.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This absolutely, positively, cannot be true.......because when some here talked about it, it was called CSI :whistle:

Apparently Ryan Clark was espousing some CSI rumors too but we know it can't be true because it has been debunked. :whistle:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now we arent seeing CSI . what we are seeing is 2 players addressing it . 2 people who put their names up not the infamous "unnamed source"

now we dont know how many . how many players dont like it ? 2, 3 , 10 ?

what we do have is 2 players coming out nationally addressing the issue

i imagine more will come however what happened in the past as far as reporting has been debunked . need i go over that again ? or will you accept that?

right now we could have a leadership problem with Rg3 or maybe we dont

remember both players came out in support of the coaches choice

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeSean Jackson has message for Redskins about RG3 | Comcast SportsNet Washington

here is what DJAX said and what he wanted to accomplish . same with ryan clark

not sure what the story is other then some people (as yet unnamed ) didnt like Rg3 or the coaches choice

well unless you have an elite qb , manning brady rodgers , brees big ben wilson , you probably have people who arent on board with the qb

Rg3 isnt an elite qb , isnt a franchise qb , and he has a lot to prove , to a lot of people . that is where we stand now

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Ryan Clark was espousing some CSI rumors too but we know it can't be true because it has been debunked. :whistle:

Ryan Clark denies media reports: 'RG3's our guy' | Comcast SportsNet Washington

I assume that you are being sarcastic. This clip of Clark says it all. Lighten up folks. So what if guys were yelling during an interview - is the media that thin skinned? I don't recall RG3 having an issue with this so obviously the problem is with the media (also notice how Clark stated that the loss was mainly due to the defense which is true).

So sorry that Britt McHenry was not able to advance her career (yet) with her shoddy reporting. ESPN is so transparent. F them!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Clark denies media reports: 'RG3's our guy' | Comcast SportsNet Washington

I assume that you are being sarcastic. This clip of Clark says it all. Lighten up folks. So what if guys were yelling during an interview - is the media that thin skinned? I don't recall RG3 having an issue with this so obviously the problem is with the media (also notice how Clark stated that the loss was mainly due to the defense which is true).

So sorry that Britt McHenry was not able to advance her career (yet) with her shoddy reporting. ESPN is so transparent. F them!

i am not sure what the players are supposed to do here ? the media makes an accusation , an unfounded one as we now know, and they arent supposed to address it ?

truth be told i believe that some people arent happy with Rg3 in the locker room but i dont believe the choice to start him came from the top . the skins need to KNOW what Rg3 is not what colt mccoy is

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not sure what the players are supposed to do here ? the media makes an accusation , an unfounded one as we now know, and they arent supposed to address it ?

truth be told i believe that some people arent happy with Rg3 in the locker room but i dont believe the choice to start him came from the top . the skins need to KNOW what Rg3 is not what colt mccoy is

Listen to Clark in that interview. He hints that most of this was simply meant to be a joke. Call it unprofessional if you like, but I don't see it as a big deal. Also - remember how this was presented on ESPN just before the Skins-Vikings game. It was an all out hatefest against the Redskins. First they attacked them about RG3 & Snyder authorizing the start (with 0% proof & notice that this claim has not since been made by anyone else).

They then moved on to the bus accident (which they overhyped & almost sounded disappointed that nobody was hurt). It then moved into a panel discussion where just about every analyst (some who are well known Redskins haters) going off nonstop on the Skins (except for Ditka who was drowned out). Finally - it ended showing some token protest by a handful of Native Americans at the Vikings stadium.

Jeez - I guess the only thing missing was Phil Simms & Bob Costas showing their hate for the Redskins. Pathetic & transparent.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now we arent seeing CSI . what we are seeing is 2 players addressing it . 2 people who put their names up not the infamous "unnamed source"

now we dont know how many . how many players dont like it ? 2, 3 , 10 ?

what we do have is 2 players coming out nationally addressing the issue

i imagine more will come however what happened in the past as far as reporting has been debunked . need i go over that again ? or will you accept that?

right now we could have a leadership problem with Rg3 or maybe we dont

remember both players came out in support of the coaches choice

So it's not CSI stuff if the players react to a story that was overblown by the standard of some, but at its core was true? Dont you see the contradiction in your own post when you use as a basis "unnamed" sources as a reason to interject CSI then ask "how many players" took the reported position?

Nothing has been debunked in this story except charges of CSI from posters here. You have to concede that a named player (Jackson) has verified the truth of the story in two ways. The first coming from his taking this action, the second coming from his words confirming that there was at least a couple of players who didn't like the move. Finally, if a fairly quiet guy like Jackson felt a need to get everyone "on page one" clearly there must have been a feeling....instinctual or based in fact that everyone was not......right?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's not CSI stuff if the players react to a story that was overblown by the standard of some, but at its core was true? Dont you see the contradiction in your own post when you use as a basis "unnamed" sources as a reason to interject CSI then ask "how many players" took the reported position?

Nothing has been debunked in this story except charges of CSI from posters here. You have to concede that a named player (Jackson) has verified the truth of the story in two ways. The first coming from his taking this action, the second coming from his words confirming that there was at least a couple of players who didn't like the move. Finally, if a fairly quiet guy like Jackson felt a need to get everyone "on page one" clearly there must have been a feeling....instinctual or based in fact that everyone was not......right?

i dont know what you are trying to get at stymie how many players ARE upset with Rg3 ? no numbers at all which indicates to me not many

to me a divided locker room would have to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-25%

now what has been debunked ? espn reported that the players were upset with Rg3 and showed it in an interview he was doing . they sighted that they had to move the interview because they disliked Rg3 .

it turns out that interpretation has been proven to be false as many of the players have came out and shown . they said why they were doing it

hence that part of the story has been debunked

i highly doubt 20-25 % of the team ARE AGAINST RG3 or the coach .

now are there some guys who believe it came from the front office . i have no doubt about that but i doubt any significant numbers

now stymie if you have any hard facts and i mean facts , not swags , not here say , not unnamed sources then i am all ears . there is your mission if you choose to accept it

i dont want to hear about smoking guns . i want evidence

until then it is a non/issue

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I need to be more specific. When the hell did I mention Britt McHenry? I am not sure but to make sure anyone and everyone understands I am not accusing Griffin of anything.

Were Sty and I being a little sarcastic and sort of teasing dad, sure we were. I thought it was a good natured needle.

Whether you believe the "CSI" theory or not isn't important to me. I don't expect everyone to believe what I believe. What did happen is a couple of guys have come out and lent some creedence to it. I don't think they were trying to hurt the team or Griffin or any team member.

The fact is that whatever is going on behind the scenes is not going to be reported. By that I mean owner meddling, GM doing the bidding of the owner, ex-TE doing the bidding of the owner. That is why it is "CSI." Certainly they aren't the only ones who do it. Al Davis did it for years in Oakland, Jerry Jones makes no bones about doing it in Dallas. Dan admits to doing it at one time but says he doesn't do it anymore. I don't believe it for one second. Nope I can't prove that it is true, but Dan isn't going to admit to it. At the same time the sheer volume of reports cannot be 100% untrue and made up.

I believe this team has been bad for a long time because of one guy and that guy is Snyder. How many HCs have been hired to a 2nd contract under his ownership? How many good drafts has the team had under his ownership? How many FAs worth the money have been signed under his ownership? How many last place finishes under his ownership? Hell we have a HC who wasn't allowed to decide who HIS coaches were going to be. That doesn't sound funny?

I know what goes on there because my brother worked for Dan for three years. I wish I didn't feel this way because believing it gives me little hope for this team turning things around anytine soon.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know what you are trying to get at stymie how many players ARE upset with Rg3 ? no numbers at all which indicates to me not many

to me a divided locker room would have to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-25%

now what has been debunked ? espn reported that the players were upset with Rg3 and showed it in an interview he was doing . they sighted that they had to move the interview because they disliked Rg3 .

it turns out that interpretation has been proven to be false as many of the players have came out and shown . they said why they were doing it

hence that part of the story has been debunked

i highly doubt 20-25 % of the team ARE AGAINST RG3 or the coach .

now are there some guys who believe it came from the front office . i have no doubt about that but i doubt any significant numbers

now stymie if you have any hard facts and i mean facts , not swags , not here say , not unnamed sources then i am all ears . there is your mission if you choose to accept it

i dont want to hear about smoking guns . i want evidence

until then it is a non/issue

I believe that you are conflating two stories here, this one is mainly about the decision to start him with a little of the resentment against him sprinkled in. I really don't care who likes whom in the locker room, as men we take care of that as men often do in locker rooms. With respect to where the decision originated, it has been proven true that it did not come directly from the HC, but you want names, right? Ok, prove that this decision came directly from the HC. Any quote will do, any narrative will do relating to the HC's public statements prior to the end of that Friday's practice in this regard. You know that any internal pressures in this regards can be labeled CSI because there are no publicly attached names to that pressure. HOWEVER, this does not mean that proof cannot be attained. All that has to be done is to recount the HC's known position against what was coming from these sources to absolutely know that they were in conflict. BTW: the sources proved to be true.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note to Dad: many many have been convicted and are doing hard time on circumstantial evidence.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team thrives on drama. Even when no one is really looking for something to poke at, the team provides on a daily basis. So while in most cases you could say dont believe everything you hear, the redskins have built a reputation on the fact that if you heard it come from Ashburn, there is a good chance there is some fact in there some where.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team thrives on drama. Even when no one is really looking for something to poke at, the team provides on a daily basis. So while in most cases you could say dont believe everything you hear, the redskins have built a reputation on the fact that if you heard it come from Ashburn, there is a good chance there is some fact in there some where.

Exactly, Shark!! Maybe it's because we're in Washington DC where gossip and BS is the fertilizer for this sort of thing, or maybe we don't have enough football people who are able to keep focus on the job at hand. Plenty of professionals have made it clear that there are small differences between winning teams and losing teams, but how does a team win when their very organization provides the incentive for disorganization. We were told that after the whole Shanahan debacle that it would end..........this type of ending gives new meaning to SMMFH :L.!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I need to be more specific. When the hell did I mention Britt McHenry? I am not sure but to make sure anyone and everyone understands I am not accusing Griffin of anything.

Were Sty and I being a little sarcastic and sort of teasing dad, sure we were. I thought it was a good natured needle.

Whether you believe the "CSI" theory or not isn't important to me. I don't expect everyone to believe what I believe. What did happen is a couple of guys have come out and lent some creedence to it. I don't think they were trying to hurt the team or Griffin or any team member.

The fact is that whatever is going on behind the scenes is not going to be reported. By that I mean owner meddling, GM doing the bidding of the owner, ex-TE doing the bidding of the owner. That is why it is "CSI." Certainly they aren't the only ones who do it. Al Davis did it for years in Oakland, Jerry Jones makes no bones about doing it in Dallas. Dan admits to doing it at one time but says he doesn't do it anymore. I don't believe it for one second. Nope I can't prove that it is true, but Dan isn't going to admit to it. At the same time the sheer volume of reports cannot be 100% untrue and made up.

I believe this team has been bad for a long time because of one guy and that guy is Snyder. How many HCs have been hired to a 2nd contract under his ownership? How many good drafts has the team had under his ownership? How many FAs worth the money have been signed under his ownership? How many last place finishes under his ownership? Hell we have a HC who wasn't allowed to decide who HIS coaches were going to be. That doesn't sound funny?

I know what goes on there because my brother worked for Dan for three years. I wish I didn't feel this way because believing it gives me little hope for this team turning things around anytine soon.

You & some others here are reading way too much into certain things. I stated that I thought you were being sarcastic. In no way was I trying to counter or attack you. The other parts of my posts have nothing to do with you or anyone else here. I was simply providing my take on the situation. Sorry if you read that the wrong way. My beef is with the media not you (thus the McHenry reference since I believe that she is trying to work her way up the latter no matter what - ethics be damned).

At the end of the day just remember that for all of us we are simply providing our opinions. None of it is fact. Also - it really doesn't matter. It is all about wins & losses. This team has lost a lot recently so all of it will be viewed negatively. If they were winning it would be a different story. I will choose to avoid all the soap opera crap & just focus on what the team needs to do to rebuild.

If any of you believe that none of this is possible with Snyder I don't know what to tell you since he ain't going nowhere - deal with it. Same most likely for Allen & Gruden for at least another year or two. You want to beat your head against the wall in spite of that then be my guest. It is a waste of time IMO.

HTTR

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You & some others here are reading way too much into certain things. I stated that I thought you were being sarcastic. In no way was I trying to counter or attack you. The other parts of my posts have nothing to do with you or anyone else here. I was simply providing my take on the situation. Sorry if you read that the wrong way. My beef is with the media not you (thus the McHenry reference since I believe that she is trying to work her way up the latter no matter what - ethics be damned).

At the end of the day just remember that for all of us we are simply providing our opinions. None of it is fact. Also - it really doesn't matter. It is all about wins & losses. This team has lost a lot recently so all of it will be viewed negatively. If they were winning it would be a different story. I will choose to avoid all the soap opera crap & just focus on what the team needs to do to rebuild.

If any of you believe that none of this is possible with Snyder I don't know what to tell you since he ain't going nowhere - deal with it. Same most likely for Allen & Gruden for at least another year or two. You want to beat your head against the wall in spite of that then be my guest. It is a waste of time IMO.

HTTR

When you quote me then have a post mentioning things I did not talk about it leads to confusion.

You are correct Snyder is not going anywhere. For some of us that is a sad fact. We know we can't change it but we know if are Redskin fans it does not leave a lot of hope for the future.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you quote me then have a post mentioning things I did not talk about it leads to confusion.

You are correct Snyder is not going anywhere. For some of us that is a sad fact. We know we can't change it but we know if are Redskin fans it does not leave a lot of hope for the future.

Again - sorry if it was interpreted that way. I never meant to go after you (you are a good poster who is pretty level headed). Believe me - I understand the frustration with certain things about this organization. However - I choose to not dwell on it too much or else it will drive me crazy especially when a lot of it cannot be proven one way or another.

HTTR

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again - sorry if it was interpreted that way. I never meant to go after you (you are a good poster who is pretty level headed). Believe me - I understand the frustration with certain things about this organization. However - I choose to not dwell on it too much or else it will drive me crazy especially when a lot of it cannot be proven one way or another.

HTTR

It's all good. I didn't think you were going after me, nor was I upset. Just misunderstood. I agree, the press has little integrity too often these days.