• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Red Headed Puppet Talks Dak

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“ [Prescott] can improve in every way,” Garrett told this week. ” … He has done a lot of really good things, but he could improve in every aspect of his game – his understanding of what we’re doing, his understanding of what the defense is doing, and how they fit together. Physically, he can get better, the way he gets away from the center, his mechanics in the gun, his decisiveness, his decision-making, all of those things can get better and they will get better.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AHHHHHHHH ......Ya.

That quote coming from a head coach who has a record of 62 and 50 in his SEVEN complete coaching seasons
Garrett has led (???) the COWBOYS to three postseason games in SEVEN complete seasons. ONE postseason win.
The COWBOYS have had THREE WINNING SEASONS out of SEVEN, under Garrett.

And maybe the coaching staff can improve. Garrett and Linehan can take a course in GAME STRATEGY.
See also, Aaron Rodgers vs. COWBOYS

Sometimes, when Garrett talks, you can hardly see Jerry's lips move.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if he's 50-62, everything he said is spot on.
I think Dak can be our QB for years to come, but he needs to improve in many areas.

Im not quite sure what you're bitching about.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if he's 50-62, everything he said is spot on.
I think Dak can be our QB for years to come, but he needs to improve in many areas.

Im not quite sure what you're bitching about.

As a head coach.....he should have handled that in private.
And if Dak, needs all that much improvement, what does that say, about the rest of the team?

But calling Garrett, a head coach, is a stretch.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a head coach.....he should have handled that in private.
And if Dak, needs all that much improvement, what does that say, about the rest of the team?

But calling Garrett, a head coach, is a stretch.

Really?

Did you think it was a secret or something.

He just finished year 2 as a 4th round pick, most ofvus saw as a long term project. Of course he's going to have areas to improve in.

Here's MY real simpke way to look at it. If he plays like he did in 2016 Dallas will win a SB or two or three etc. If he plays like he did in 17, we have an OK QB, who will need a good team around him to have a chance at winning a SB.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The COWBOYS have had THREE WINNING SEASONS out of SEVEN, under Garrett.
Yep....and ONE losing season.
3 winning years, 3 at 500 and I losing season when he lost his QB for the season

I'm becoming more and more unsure if Garrett can win a championship because we don't scout our own tendencies and for his lack of mid game adjustments. I'm not sure what solid coach would work for Jerry, but I remain sure he's not on every street corner as you seem to think. I know Garrett has done a great job getting this team to play hard each week and not play the game with a sense of entitlement they did before his arrival.

I'm willing to see how this coming season turns out. I may become a member of the get rid of Garrett bandwagon after the season, but I'll never not see his positive effects he's had in Dallas working for Jerry. That's just dumb.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep....and ONE losing season.
3 winning years, 3 at 500 and I losing season when he lost his QB for the season

I'm becoming more and more unsure if Garrett can win a championship because we don't scout our own tendencies and for his lack of mid game adjustments. I'm not sure what solid coach would work for Jerry, but I remain sure he's not on every street corner as you seem to think. I know Garrett has done a great job getting this team to play hard each week and not play the game with a sense of entitlement they did before his arrival.

I'm willing to see how this coming season turns out. I may become a member of the get rid of Garrett bandwagon after the season, but I'll never not see his positive effects he's had in Dallas working for Jerry. That's just dumb.
While I'm not waving torches screaming, if he were fired last off season I'd have been OK. I agree he gets the team ready to play, but he doesn't adjust game time.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay Game ....this past season
COWBOYS losing 28 to 24.......Green Bay 1 timeout left.
1 minute 24 seconds in the 4th quarter.
COWBOYS have the ball on Green Bay's 11 yard line.....2nd down and about 1
Ezekiel Elliot was playing in this game, by the way.

At the very least, the COWBOYS should have made Green Bay, burn their last time out.
And they should have left very little time, on the clock, for Rodgers.

2nd down
Dak throws a fade pattern to Bryant ...stupid....incomplete..stops the clock.??????????????
Aikman and Buck commented on it.

3rd down

Next play Dak scores a TD on a run........COWBOYS 31 Green Bay 28
The COWBOYS left 1 minute 13 seconds on the clock for Rodgers, with him continuing to have 1 timeout.

and we all knew, what was going to happen.

And if this was an isolated incident, in the Garrett ERA, things happen.......

but this wasn't an isolated incident.

Coaches, because of their decision making, are suppose to put their teams, in the best possible position to win games.

and Dak last season, didn't have as good a year, as his first. But it was far from terrible.

62.9% completion %
22 TD passes .....1 less than last season
13 picks.........far worse than last season
over 3300 yards passing
passer rating was down from last season by 17 points
4 game winning drives

Cole Beasley....36 rec in 2017.....last year 75........different coverages this season.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

Did you think it was a secret or something.

He just finished year 2 as a 4th round pick, most ofvus saw as a long term project. Of course he's going to have areas to improve in.

Here's MY real simpke way to look at it. If he plays like he did in 2016 Dallas will win a SB or two or three etc. If he plays like he did in 17, we have an OK QB, who will need a good team around him to have a chance at winning a SB.
Exactly. Last year he ''slumped'' and dropped from 2nd in QBR to 4th in QBR....in the whole damn league. All for less than a million dollars a season. Not bad for a 4th round pick

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think part of what Garrett suffers from is the success of the 90s Cowboys teams he was on. There was an occasional trick play, but for the most part, Dallas lined up in a way that even the guy watching on TV knew what the play was going to be. They said, "Here's what we're going to do. Stop us, if you can." There didn't need to be a bunch of in game adjustments because the team was good enough to dominate without any adjustments.

Fast-forward to now, and Garrett has us running pretty much the same style of offense, with the notable exception that there is no fullback. It isn't gimmicky. It's pretty much a "Here's what we're going to do. Stop us, if you can" style of offense.

The problem is that our players aren't better all the way down the line than the guys all the way down the other side of the line, so they are able to stop us often. Still, Garrett comes out of half time and continues with the exact same plays that already didn't work in the first half.

I can't tell you how many times in the last few years that I watched a play in the first half of the game and thought, "Oh, we should use that exact same play later in the game, except instead of doing what we just did, do this." But, we never do. We keep running the exact same plays. I doubt the whole playbook has more than 15 plays, which, from Garrett's perspective, apparently cannot be improved upon except with execution.

I do agree, though, that Garrett has changed the atmosphere of the team, and that's a positive.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, It's all Garrett's fault. Sum up the OP well?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay Game ....this past season
COWBOYS losing 28 to 24.......Green Bay 1 timeout left.
1 minute 24 seconds in the 4th quarter.
COWBOYS have the ball on Green Bay's 11 yard line.....2nd down and about 1
Ezekiel Elliot was playing in this game, by the way.

At the very least, the COWBOYS should have made Green Bay, burn their last time out.
And they should have left very little time, on the clock, for Rodgers.

2nd down
Dak throws a fade pattern to Bryant ...stupid....incomplete..stops the clock.??????????????
Aikman and Buck commented on it.

3rd down

Next play Dak scores a TD on a run........COWBOYS 31 Green Bay 28
The COWBOYS left 1 minute 13 seconds on the clock for Rodgers, with him continuing to have 1 timeout.

and we all knew, what was going to happen.

And if this was an isolated incident, in the Garrett ERA, things happen.......

but this wasn't an isolated incident.

Coaches, because of their decision making, are suppose to put their teams, in the best possible position to win games.

and Dak last season, didn't have as good a year, as his first. But it was far from terrible.

62.9% completion %
22 TD passes .....1 less than last season
13 picks.........far worse than last season
over 3300 yards passing
passer rating was down from last season by 17 points
4 game winning drives

Cole Beasley....36 rec in 2017.....last year 75........different coverages this season.

Bunch of words, doesn't change the fact that what Garrett said is all true, and nothing none of us didn't already know.