• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The reason MHR is becoming dead to me...

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have not read this article written by Ian St. Clair, you really should not even bother, here it is btw:

Broncos underdog stories are more fiction than fact

These types of articles are what that site is now filled with and are not what the site was originally built on. The founders all had deep knowledge into the game and would share that knowledge instead of the fluff pieces and the opinions and the to be honest, complete crap that is being written there now. My favorite articles were from Coach breaking down formations and explaining the nuances to the game and Doc Bear actually breaking down what players were doing right and what they were doing wrong. What you get there now is this guy is doing it wrong and if you try to ask what he is doing wrong they just say it is wrong and probably have no idea what is really wrong or they get pissy with you because you dared not know something or they let their bias of certain players cloud their judgement (this is rampant there).

In fact, when the splinter of the original staff at MHR split off and formed IAOFM, I followed because there was always deep discussion into the game down to what about collisions are actually bad and cause concussions. In fact, that was one of my favorite discussions because it got so into the mechanics of a collision and yes, I geek out a bit about the technical parts of the game on occasion.

I know I am just ranting, but it really saddens me that one of the best sports sites has gone down the tubes so bad that they were willing to post the garbage above. That article is by far one of the worst I have ever seen and is such a slap in the face to the readers, but so typical of the new MHR staff. Oh well, as I said, I am ranting and will stop. I will just have to find a different site to go to find Broncos news because even their Horse Tracks that puts out all of the daily Broncos news stories has become so lame, I can barely take it. F it, peace, I am out.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be worse .. I read at least a couple lines before going what the ? I will say this some is still worth the read and I don't go there ever but there are a few links posted in here and KFFL that was solid . yes you are right ..

More in-depth stuff is needed for sure ..

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in - there is garbage on the internet.

When I get starved for Bronco stuff - I wonder over to MHR - or whatever it is called. The slop stuff is easily eliminated - sometimes they have statistical genius' that my be on to something if only I could figure out what they are talking about. Every once and a while - I would hit on something good - usually not in the features, but in the posts some yahoos - out of the blue will write something that I will lay a link out to it.

So it depends on exactly how bored you are and exactly much you have to feed to your Bronco graving.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree especially this time of year. Honestly some of the fanposts offer a lot higher quality when it comes to breaking down film. I was reading a decent one recently on how to beat a Corner like Josh Norman with certain scheme choices. Very well thought out break down of routes and ideas to make that Corner have to make a choice when 2 guys come flooding into his zone.

To me this time of year is a great time to be breaking down film. No actual game or practice information so would make sense to really work to educate the general public on what is going on in the game itself. They had a guy a couple of years back that broke down the OL play kind of like PFF does but with a greater understanding of what our OL is actually trying to accomplish. Really enjoyed reading on the different nuances that go into playing OL.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree especially this time of year. Honestly some of the fanposts offer a lot higher quality when it comes to breaking down film. I was reading a decent one recently on how to beat a Corner like Josh Norman with certain scheme choices. Very well thought out break down of routes and ideas to make that Corner have to make a choice when 2 guys come flooding into his zone.

To me this time of year is a great time to be breaking down film. No actual game or practice information so would make sense to really work to educate the general public on what is going on in the game itself. They had a guy a couple of years back that broke down the OL play kind of like PFF does but with a greater understanding of what our OL is actually trying to accomplish. Really enjoyed reading on the different nuances that go into playing OL.

I believe the Oline guy was Doc Bear - he was very good over at Fatman.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Couldn't remember who it was. I just remember looking forward to that break down every week of how our OL did.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was Mingo and CD, I could go up to Chiefs in Del Mar when the season opens up and tell Doc to get off his ass and start writing again :P. Yes, that is where he usually watches the games at and yes, Chiefs is the name of a Broncos bar here in San Diego. The irony is not lost on me.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Mingo and CD, I could go up to Chiefs in Del Mar when the season opens up and tell Doc to get off his ass and start writing again :P. Yes, that is where he usually watches the games at and yes, Chiefs is the name of a Broncos bar here in San Diego. The irony is not lost on me.

Ah, Chiefs...

A Broncos bar named "Chiefs" in Chargers territory. God bless that place. A bastion of good football in a barren land.

Okay, so by "barren land" I mean sports wise. Solana Beach is otherwise as good as the name sounds!

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd even bet the parking lot is in Raider colors too.....

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, Chiefs...

A Broncos bar named "Chiefs" in Chargers territory. God bless that place. A bastion of good football in a barren land.

Okay, so by "barren land" I mean sports wise. Solana Beach is otherwise as good as the name sounds!

I usually go to a place in Mission Beach called the Guava Bar. It is a Vikings/Broncos bar,

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually go to a place in Mission Beach called the Guava Bar. It is a Vikings/Broncos bar,
Ever been to the South Beach Bar and Grill in OB for Taco Tuesday?

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, but I have been in there for lunch. I do not get out of Mission Valley that much. Usually I am in McGregor's or the San Diego Brewing Company or another place close by for food.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and the last few times I went to OB, it was all about getting beer at Pizza Port!

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've heard South Beach is great. Been meaning to check it out for a long time. I'm going to make a point of it for a Sunday game this season.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but I have been in there for lunch. I do not get out of Mission Valley that much. Usually I am in McGregor's or the San Diego Brewing Company or another place close by for food.

I used to go to McGregor's when I lived at La Mirage (when it was still called that). That is a great local bar.

Now I'm in CLMT, so I go to Balboa's Tap House. Lot's of good beer on tap, and the food is awesome.

I can't wait to go back to Chief's this season. The crowd was always in good spirits there. I can only imagine what it will be like now.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's this thread about again? :scratch:

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to go to McGregor's when I lived at La Mirage (when it was still called that). That is a great local bar.

Now I'm in CLMT, so I go to Balboa's Tap House. Lot's of good beer on tap, and the food is awesome.

I can't wait to go back to Chief's this season. The crowd was always in good spirits there. I can only imagine what it will be like now.

Yeah, they changed it to the Village I think. I still think of it as La Mirage though. If you are in Clairemont, you might want to head to the Guava Bar then sometime. They have a pretty good Bronco contingent in there and it is probably closer to you.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they changed it to the Village I think. I still think of it as La Mirage though. If you are in Clairemont, you might want to head to the Guava Bar then sometime. They have a pretty good Bronco contingent in there and it is probably closer to you.

Drive by my old house in Clairemont. It was on Mt Longs Dr off Genesee. Lived there from birth till age 8

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember hearing about a Broncos and Vikings bar. Guava Bar must be it. I'm going to check it out too for at least 1 Sunday this season. My Sunday docket is getting filled up.... :D