• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: The Rangers Host Seattle For Three Games September 22-24

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be due to Newberg not being very high on Lowe. Lowe seems to be the primary guy that needs to be traded, in Jamey's estimation.
You have to have a quality offensive replacement that is equal or better than Lowe is my point. Who do we have that plays 1B that would warrant trading him?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to have a quality offensive replacement that is equal or better than Lowe is my point. Who do we have that plays 1B that would warrant trading him?
Knowing Jamey, he probably wants to trade for one.

To me, it all depends on who they get in return for Lowe. I would be fine with letting Foscue, Crim and Huff fight it out to play 1B and DH, if Lowe brings back something we need. A closer would be a nice return.

It is mainly Jamey's idea though.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you looked much into who might need to be protected from Rule 5? These 4 jump off the page for me:

Foscue
Acker
Crim
Kelly

Church is eligible, but not worth it to me. Corniell is eligible, but has not seen AA yet, so I would probably take a chance on him.

To me, Winn and Ornelas need to be removed. Guys like Sborz, Hernandez and Leclerc should be in jeopardy as well. I think the organization should decide on one of those relievers and try to run the others through waivers.
Agree on your 4 adds plus I would add Langford + maybe 2 or 3 others.
I keep Winn for 1 more season but Ornelas, Hernandez, Sborz and Leclerc have passed their date of expiration

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing Jamey, he probably wants to trade for one.

To me, it all depends on who they get in return for Lowe. I would be fine with letting Foscue, Crim and Huff fight it out to play 1B and DH, if Lowe brings back something we need. A closer would be a nice return.

It is mainly Jamey's idea though.
True but I hate position musical chairs

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rangers were 100% all in this year you have to bring up and play Langford. He is a unicorn

But if you are trying to maximize him and his career and not lose others in rule 5 draft you wait

That being said I wait. Not enough relief to carry us unless we just outslug everyone. Not a great small ball team
Have you looked much into who might need to be protected from Rule 5? These 4 jump off the page for me:

Foscue
Acker
Crim
Kelly

Church is eligible, but not worth it to me. Corniell is eligible, but has not seen AA yet, so I would probably take a chance on him.

To me, Winn and Ornelas need to be removed. Guys like Sborz, Hernandez and Leclerc should be in jeopardy as well. I think the organization should decide on one of those relievers and try to run the others through waivers.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but I hate position musical chairs
I guess that depends on what they decide they want to do with Huff. If he is to be the backup catcher then that takes care of the musical chairs part, if I am understanding your point.

Dustin Harris could come into play as well. He plays both 1B and OF.

Of course, all of this is just speculation on my part.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that depends on what they decide they want to do with Huff. If he is to be the backup catcher then that takes care of the musical chairs part, if I am understanding your point.

Dustin Harris could come into play as well. He plays both 1B and OF.

Of course, all of this is just speculation on my part.
I understand. Personally I think they re-sign Garver who becomes the primary DH and backup Catcher which makes Huff expendable during the offseason as part of a package for a excellent AAA starter

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand. Personally I think they re-sign Garver who becomes the primary DH and backup Catcher which makes Huff expendable during the offseason as part of a package for a excellent AAA starter
If the other team needs a backup catcher, he could definitely be part of a package.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Foscue
Acker
Crim
Kelly

Very good question. Will have to look at but think we are either going to have to frade or non tender some relief pitchers. Winn should be taken off 40. Not seeing how we have Ornelas Smith Wendzel on as utility guys. May have to trade one. I am still ok with some patience with Duran. Too much talent to give up on him
He could still be an every day player

Will have to look into to figure out my choices

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what kind of a deal Garver is going to get after the season he is having. Maybe something like 4 years and $60-65 million?

Of course, that might only leave about $20 million to spend on relievers.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good question. Will have to look at but think we are either going to have to frade or non tender some relief pitchers. Winn should be taken off 40. Not seeing how we have Ornelas Smith Wendzel on as utility guys. May have to trade one. I am still ok with some patience with Duran. Too much talent to give up on him
He could still be an every day player

Will have to look into to figure out my choices
That spreadsheet I posted of Scott Lucas has a rule 5 tab on it.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One good AAA starting pitcher to trade for might be Mason Englert.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what kind of a deal Garver is going to get after the season he is having. Maybe something like 4 years and $60-65 million?

Of course, that might only leave about $20 million to spend on relievers.
According to latest projections he will probably get 3 years $24 to 27M which works out to around $8 to 9M average which makes 2024 around $6-7M. Teams work from 1 year at a time. The team free agents will clear approximately $55M if the Rangers also clear Heaney & Leclerc. So the Rangers could add at least that amount and still be under the luxury tax with deGrom going on the 60-day

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Heaney may opt out if he wants a multi year deal. Would not be surprised since he is getting hardballed on the bump up

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sportrac estimates the Rangers are about $55 million under the Luxury Tax Threshold for 2024. That doesn't include the arbitration figures that are still to come. So arbitration and free agency combined will most likely be under $55 million to allow wiggle room for deadline additions.

If they add the right relievers that might just about do it for offsesson spending.