• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Party Thread

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imho...the whole idea of partying is to have fun.
Having fun at parties generates good memories...
memories accumulate and become categorized (birthdays, graduations, holidays, celebrations, themed, sports-oriented, etc.)...
Live long enough, party enough, and, inevitably, certain experiences stand out from the rest.
imho²...it's those "certain experiences" that should be shared.
please share yours.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Atlanta Hunt Club Party - 1985

Wifey & I were one of 23 Atlanta couples who hosted a party at the FOX THEATRE's Egyptian Ballroom on SA.23.NOV.1985.

Each couple contributed $1,200...the whole of which covered the Ballroom, free valet parking, top-hatted doorkeepers, open bar, obscene arrays of finger foods and a fucking kickass 10-member Commander Cody-ish rock & roll band. Formal attire...bring your own coke. :whistle:

Each couple sent out 10 invitations. We had best friends come in from Hawaii, New York and everywhere in between...so did everybody else. All those best friends...over 500 of them...from everywhere...all rockn the house down! Turned out to be the biggest, baddest funnest party we've ever done...the standard by which all other parties (for us) are judged.

That was the last such party held at the FOX...seems the Atlanta blueblood society folks were horrified that a few "mid-level" pretenders could host such a kickass bacchanal - and they weren't invited. (The FOX tripled the rental three weeks later.)

Attachments

• EgyptianBallroom_sm1.jpg
    EgyptianBallroom_sm1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 78

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best New Year's - 1999

Dad died in 1998. Mom wanted her family around her for the millennium celebration...figured Kauai would be a good place to do it...so

Wifey & me and our two sons joined my three brothers and their families at Poipu Beach Resort for the New Year. We began celebrating at 6pm local when the ball dropped in Times Square and were gloriously powdered six hours later, when New Year's finally hit Hawaii. Seven hours later, at 7am local, we watched Michigan State beat Florida in the 2000 Citrus Bowl. By noon local, we were passed out on the beach with a couple of monk seals.

:suds:

Attachments

• monking 001.jpg
    monking 001.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 86

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was one of my favorites.
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...sion/10781-24sevens-SportsHoopla-cookout.html

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Best (that never happened) New Year's

It's a good thing mom did the 1999-2000 New Year's for us...
Because I was a total flop at planning the 2000-2001 REAL MILLENIUM party.
Wanted to re-create the FOX HUNT CLUB concept from 1985 - many hosts for many more celebrants. Began preliminary investigations in 1997.
Got estimates from several cruise lines (for the whole ship)...from Joe Robbie Stadium, the Charleston Coliseum, Punchbowl Park in Oahu, the Grand Ole Opry, the Atlanta Convention Center...blah blah - you get the idea...nobody took me seriously enough to even ask for a deposit.

:L

Imagine that.
Recruiting was tough, too...figured we'd need at least 50 couples doling out at least $1k each to pull it off - only had six by the time mom invited us to Hawaii.

fuck it...woulda been fun.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was one of my favorites.
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...sion/10781-24sevens-SportsHoopla-cookout.html

:lol::gaah:yah...THAT's what I'm talking about! good stuff.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tacky Party - 1993

The Invite was simple: Look Tacky, Be Tacky, Eat Tacky (date, time blah blah).

we took a block of Velveeta & a bowie knife and a large pile of brownies hand-shaped to look like dog poo...dressed urban post-war apocalyptic (colorful, blingy, leathery, and galoshes)

turned out we were fairly tame by comparison to most attendees. :omg:

hosts had a beautiful multi-tiered champagne fountain - burbling a steady stream of creamed corn - in the middle of the treats table...it was the "crème de la corn."

never laughed so hard in my life.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a river float/party once, about 15 years ago, with about 20-25 people. We started with a float down the river that afternoon for about 4-5 hours. By the time we got to the dock we were all pretty hammered. We then moved the party up to my house (about 200 yds from the dock) and continued to get plastered. I'm not sure who started it or how it all unfolded but we ended up with 20-25 butt naked folks in the yard playing wiffle ball and hittin a homemade slip-n-slide. Lots of folks got laid; in the yard, in the shed, on my couch, on my deck, fucking everywhere. No shit!! Everywhere you turned somebody's ass was in the air. Definitely a party I won't forget.

On a side note, about a week later my septic tank backed up and when we pulled the lid off there were probably 10 freaking rubbers floatin on top. My friends were some nasty fuckers.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a river float/party once, about 15 years ago, with about 20-25 people. We started with a float down the river that afternoon for about 4-5 hours. By the time we got to the dock we were all pretty hammered. We then moved the party up to my house (about 200 yds from the dock) and continued to get plastered. I'm not sure who started it or how it all unfolded but we ended up with 20-25 butt naked folks in the yard playing wiffle ball and hittin a homemade slip-n-slide. Lots of folks got laid; in the yard, in the shed, on my couch, on my deck, fucking everywhere. No shit!! Everywhere you turned somebody's ass was in the air. Definitely a party I won't forget.

On a side note, about a week later my septic tank backed up and when we pulled the lid off there were probably 10 freaking rubbers floatin on top. My friends were some nasty fuckers.

:clap:

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am in fucking awe.

question: Do you think, all circumstances being the same, that (with 20-25 handhelds recording it all) such a bacchanal could happen these days? v'been reminiscing all those good times - that have no photographic proof to have ever happened...and smile at my good fortune.

"granpa? is that your big pimply hairy fat butt in that picture?...that lady doesn't look like gramma!"

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in fucking awe.

question: Do you think, all circumstances being the same, that (with 20-25 handhelds recording it all) such a bacchanal could happen these days? v'been reminiscing all those good times - that have no photographic proof to have ever happened...and smile at my good fortune.

"granpa? is that your big pimply hairy fat butt in that picture?...that lady doesn't look like gramma!"

no chance of that happening today. Nobody wants to end up on youtube with their ass hangin' out while playing wiffle ball. People usually get nekkid on the float trip as well.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fred's Bachelor Party - Atlanta, 1986

Jack (my CPA; extremely talented, very successful, totally lacking any morality), Beth (spoiled daughter of a senior vp of Dart Container Corp; built like brick shithouse; unabashed nymphomaniac - dressed as a trashy slut) and I visited Fred's Advertising Agency at 10am on a Friday morning. We kidnapped him (his boss had ok'd the idea in advance) and drove him up to Lake Lanier - Beth gave him a hummer on the way.

Jack owned a 42' Sea Ray fuckboat. We spent the next five hours trading Beth back and forth, listening to jams, drinking, recking and preparing for the REAL Bachelor Party that night.

The party was held at the Holiday Inn on Power's Ferry on the Chattahoochee River...in a balconied suite on the sixth floor starting at 6pm. About 12 guys showed up...sat around drinking and talking, while Beth entertained several with REAL lap dances until 8pm - when the Bethettes (three professionals) arrived...and the party really kicked-in.

My fondest memory was watching Don pump one of the pros on the balcony...in full view (if anybody cared to notice) of the 42 brazillion cars streaming by on I-285...classic stuff. Everybody got several pieces of pro pie that night...including Beth (to everybody's delight.)

Sometime after 1am everybody had shifted scene...leaving me and Fred. We called a cab to take us down to Buckhead to retrieve his car...while we were waiting in the hotel lobby for the cab, we made friends with a rather drunken lady who'd just left the hotel's bar and talked her into accompanying us to get Fred's car. She gave Fred his umpteenth hummer of the night on the ride downtown...and me one while I drove us back to the hotel...and did both of us that night in the hotel room - turns out she was a pro golfer playing in a local tourney; so she was gone by 6am.

The only thing missing that night was a donkey...and everybody passed their blood tests.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mice Roaring in Adair, MI

It's an unincorporated rural speck, really just a 4-way stop intersection with a general store, a bar and maybe 200 people; 50 miles NE of Detroit.

12 years ago, the owner of the Bar (a high school classmate of ours) hosted the first annual ADAIR SUCKER FEST parade, celebration and fund-raiser...as a lark. They built a float (see the Caboose picture attached) that now serves as a smoking room, invited local farmers to join in with tractor-pulled wagonloads of local kids and ran specials on booze and food. They earned $4,000 for United Way, had a great time and got drunk as hell.

This year, the SUCKER FEST generated $45,000, had 2,000 parade spectators/participants...everybody had a great time and got drunk as hell. The Bar's float this year was the Spruce Goose (see picture attached - note the engines were beer kegs) which now serves as one of their 5 smoking rooms. Somebody complained about the fireworks following the parade...the two cops dispatched to handle the complaint were treated to a perch dinner and enjoyed the fireworks along with (almost) everybody else (I'm not sure if they got drunk as hell.)

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 48