• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon, Oregon State, U of W and WSU were the original members, i believe!

Wow, I had forgotten I had asked this question. :thumb: You were very close with your answer, you got three of four. It was Oregon, Oregon State, UW, and Cal Berkley back in the Origninal PAC founded in 1915. WSU came 2 years later in 1917, followed closely by Stanford, USC, Idaho, Montana, and then UCLA.

cali + wa schools in the precursor to the league (something that starting with an A). WSU joined in like 58 or 59.

Added both oregon schools (really at the PUSHING by UW) in I think '64. That became the Pac8.

In some technicalities you may be right, if you consider that the PCC briefly disbanded in the 1950's and then reformed as the AAWU in 1959, but I am fairly certain that the current PAC 12 considers its origins going back to the PCC of 1915.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I had forgotten I had asked this question. :thumb: You were very close with your answer, you got three of four. It was Oregon, Oregon State, UW, and Cal Berkley back in the Origninal PAC founded in 1915. WSU came 2 years later in 1917, followed closely by Stanford, USC, Idaho, Montana, and then UCLA.

In some technicalities you may be right, if you consider that the PCC briefly disbanded in the 1950's and then reformed as the AAWU in 1959, but I am fairly certain that the current PAC 12 considers its origins going back to the PCC of 1915.
Yeah, will that was just what I had off the top of my head. I know we have all talked about it before and I think most know how obsessed with Pac history I am. I literally have the coffee table book on it somewhere.

I'd still consider it when the Pac8 formed. There were members of the PCC that went off and now are in the WAC or whatever crap stain they are in now and things were disjointed for some time before they came back together as the Big 5 (cali schools + UW). It wasn't until the Pac8 that it felt like a legit full conference.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Huskies are just part of the long list of Pac teams that go screwed. UW > Miami, > FSU and yet it was FSU who got the invite?
Let 'em have that line. They are down to 1/2 championship and Ted Bundy now that their team has imploded and UW is on the rise. The thought that it wasn't unanimous literally helps them sleep better. Don't ruin the sleep of good hard working Oregonians man. Have some heart!

WOOFY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1991? With the Dog Father, Eatman, Kauffman, Lawyer Milloy etc etc. If were going to count the 1984 BYU Cougars as National Champs by way of defeating Michigan(a 6-5 4th place finisher out of the BG10) then survey says The U of W National Title counts as well!!

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A UW fan with your experience should be able to advise me about that.
I'm 52 years old and I've been following football for ever 40 years. I'm trying to count all the Rose Bowls ASU has won in that time. Help me out here would ya .. my memory isn't as good as it used to be.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy, if they share their exact age you know they mean business! Watch out.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 52 years old and I've been following football for ever 40 years. I'm trying to count all the Rose Bowls ASU has won in that time. Help me out here would ya .. my memory isn't as good as it used to be.
I can see, Junior, that your memory is pretty selective or defective, but a UW fan asking about Rose Bowls? Coming off 10 losing seasons and asking about Rose Bowls? Hah, I got it now, dreaming about Rose Bowls maybe, huh? Well, the PAC is down but now quite down as far as UW is used to, so dream on, Junior, dream on!

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see, Junior, that your memory is pretty selective or defective, but a UW fan asking about Rose Bowls? Coming off 10 losing seasons and asking about Rose Bowls? Hah, I got it now, dreaming about Rose Bowls maybe, huh? Well, the PAC is down but now quite down as far as UW is used to, so dream on, Junior, dream on!
USC is the only PAC team to have won more Rose Bowls than Washington in regards to PAC teams. So I ask once again, how many Rose Bowls has ASU played in and of those how many did they win?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy, if they share their exact age you know they mean business! Watch out.
You're probably right ... I shouldn't have posted my age. I should just keep to the dumb ass mantra in the first umpteen pages of this thread.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC is the only PAC team to have won more Rose Bowls than Washington in regards to PAC teams. So I ask once again, how many Rose Bowls has ASU played in and of those how many did they win?
Dem boys in the desert gots da half nekkid hotties and partiez to hit bro. That's far more important than de footballz.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dem boys in the desert gots da half nekkid hotties and partiez to hit bro. That's far more important than de footballz.
I want to hear from the ASU poster how many Rose Bowls that school has played in and of those how many did they win. If he's going to run his gob on here about Washington then I'm sure he can back it up himself.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to hear from the ASU poster how many Rose Bowls that school has played in and of those how many did they win. If he's going to run his gob on here about Washington then I'm sure he can back it up himself.
Oh, pardon me. Didn't know we were getting all serious and stuff.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, pardon me. Didn't know we were getting all serious and stuff.
Serious? If some fan of a lower level PAC team is going to run his gob about Washington just so he can up his post count then I want to see said poster back it up.

Again I want to hear from him how many Rose Bowls ASU has played in and of those how many did they win. It's not like it's rocket science.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were going to ask me when was the last time UW beat ASU? Well, I would say ASU last played a Rose about 1995 or 96, and UW last played about 2000 or so. Not much to brag about there, Junior, and so damn long ago it matters not at all. ASU won't make it this year, so hang around, you may be able to get me next year. We'll see.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were going to ask me when was the last time UW beat ASU? Well, I would say ASU last played a Rose about 1995 or 96, and UW last played about 2000 or so. Not much to brag about there, Junior, and so damn long ago it matters not at all. ASU won't make it this year, so hang around, you may be able to get me next year. We'll see.
How many Rose Bowls has ASU played in and of those how many did they win?

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right ... I shouldn't have posted my age. I should just keep to the dumb ass mantra in the first umpteen pages of this thread.
Well, don't feel bad, you stuck to the dumb part. Right, you've been on here since UW beat Stanford. Is that when you became a UW fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.