• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The only golf lesson of the full swing you will ever need.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could pretty much watch his swing all day long. I am pretty sure he has a cupped left wrist at impact. Sometimes it is hard to see.

Right elbow tucked against the right hip on the down swing. Bracing that right leg. His right knee almost looks straight, but I think it is slightly bent.

Poetry in motion.

Reactions: GNG

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks exactly like my swing :rolleyes2:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just swing like Hogan. Got it. Good to know. Thanks. :thumb:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, that fixed a lot of problems. See, I was swinging like Charles Barkley and playing basketball like Ben Hogan. I had it backwards.

That's obviously a great swing but if I were to go that shallow I'd be spraying it all over the place. And if it were as simple as copying someone then everybody at the course would look like Ernie Els.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just swing like Hogan. Got it. Good to know. Thanks. :thumb:

Go get his book: 5 fundamentals of golf. Spend 2 weeks on the grip (unless you have a really good one) and then work on the rest. You'll see a change I guarantee you.

Ledbetter
Harmon
All of them teach from this book and have added some of their own, newer ideas. But Hogan breaks down the true fundamentals in his book. He hit more golf balls than anyone, ever.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best swings seem to start with good posture, the bad ones seem to start with bad posture.

You would think that just about everyone could handle that part of it, but if you just watched people at the range...probably 50% have poor golf posture.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grip
Aim
Set-up (Good Posture with knees, feet, shoulders, and hips ALL parallel to target-line)
Path of club
Fundamentals man.

Then there's:

Tempo
Routine on every shot
Weight transfer

ON and ON

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could pretty much watch his swing all day long. I am pretty sure he has a cupped left wrist at impact. Sometimes it is hard to see.

Right elbow tucked against the right hip on the down swing. Bracing that right leg. His right knee almost looks straight, but I think it is slightly bent.

Poetry in motion.
A thing of beauty.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, that fixed a lot of problems. See, I was swinging like Charles Barkley and playing basketball like Ben Hogan. I had it backwards.

That's obviously a great swing but if I were to go that shallow I'd be spraying it all over the place. And if it were as simple as copying someone then everybody at the course would look like Ernie Els.
Ernie does have a beautiful swing does he not? But for that beutiful move to the ball from the top I'll take Charl Schwartzel or Louis Oesthuizen. Interesting that they are all South Africans.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grip
Aim
Set-up (Good Posture with knees, feet, shoulders, and hips ALL parallel to target-line)
Path of club
Fundamentals man.

Then there's:

Tempo
Routine on every shot
Weight transfer

ON and ON
Agreed. That one is not often talked about but is so critical.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grip
Aim
Path of club
Fundamentals man.

Then there's:

Tempo
Routine on every shot
Weight transfer

ON and ON

All of that is true. I think that is why Ben Hogan mentioned it was the MOST IMPORTANT aspect was how he moved his lower body.

Grip is essential. Path of club I think has a lot to do with what he was saying. Especially when you tuck that right elbow on to that right hip on the down swing.

Of course the young golfers (Speith and Dustin Johnson) have a bowed left wrist at the top.

The Hogan swing is not as flat at some people think. It is not like Kuchar.

Then again, Hogan went through subtle but significant swing changes like most golfers through out their careers. That video I am pretty sure was from 1965, when he was in his 50s.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ernie does have a beautiful swing does he not? But for that beutiful move to the ball from the top I'll take Charl Schwartzel or Louis Oesthuizen. Interesting that they are all South Africans.

All 3 are great...the swing I try to emulate the most since we are similar in stature/size, Els...I watched Ernie swing at the Amex WGC a few yrs ago @ Crapapple...about 20' away go thru a bucket of balls...just about every shot was a right to left draw...a little ironic he never won @ AN.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 3 are great...the swing I try to emulate the most since we are similar in stature/size, Els...I watched Ernie swing at the Amex WGC a few yrs ago @ Crapapple...about 20' away go thru a bucket of balls...just about every shot was a right to left draw...a little ironic he never won @ AN.
Yep. I could watch that swing all day. It seems so easy. The one that really stands out to me as being free and easy is Fred Couples. Looks like he is just dropping the club on the ball but the ball just explodes off his club. Damn, I love golf!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I could watch that swing all day. It seems so easy. The one that really stands out to me as being free and easy is Fred Couples. Looks like he is just dropping the club on the ball but the ball just explodes off his club. Damn, I love golf!

Ironic that Ernie is my favorite swing but I prefer to hit a fade now. My draw turned into a hook 3 or 4 times a round. It took a several months and a lesson to get rid of it. Even Ernie has struggled with the left ball over the years. Last thing on Ernie...he swings the driver harder than it looks on TV...still smooth and balanced, but you notice a difference in effort.

Freddie...yep, gets a lot of clubhead speed out of a relatively small body...under 6'.

Probably the most technically sound swing out on tour is Adam Scott. Steve Elkington is a sweet swinger of the club.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic that Ernie is my favorite swing but I prefer to hit a fade now. My draw turned into a hook 3 or 4 times a round. It took a several months and a lesson to get rid of it. Even Ernie has struggled with the left ball over the years. Last thing on Ernie...he swings the driver harder than it looks on TV...still smooth and balanced, but you notice a difference in effort.

Freddie...yep, gets a lot of clubhead speed out of a relatively small body...under 6'.

Probably the most technically sound swing out on tour is Adam Scott. Steve Elkington is a sweet swinger of the club.

Agreed. I forgot about Scott

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here's Els explaining his swing.

The way he explains and executes it makes it sound easy but it takes a lot of strength, hand eye coordination, and timing you're only going to get by putting in more hours than a regular joe can put in to lag it as much as these guys do. Some of them are still near 90 degrees at the wrist when their hands are over the ball.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FORE !!!

images