• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: The Oakland A's at Your Texas Rangers 4/28 - 4/30

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Romeo, just having a little fun with you. No ill will intended.

Just blowing off some steam from a tough night at the yard. That is all.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Romeo, just having a little fun with you. No ill will intended.

Just blowing off some steam from a tough night at the yard. That is all.

Yeah, calling someone a mysoginist is always done in good fun. At least you didn't suggest I was in the klan because I think wash is a shitty manager. :L

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, calling someone a mysoginist is always done in good fun. At least you didn't suggest I was in the klan because I think wash is a shitty manager. :L

You chauvinist pig. Maybe I can call you the Grand Pigzard?

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, to be fair, some of the comments toward, I believe her name is Lainey, have been pretty offensive. Small sample size I know, but pretty rough.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to be fair, some of the comments toward, I believe her name is Lainey, have been pretty offensive. Small sample size I know, but pretty rough.

You really don't understand the dynamic of that situation. Go look and see exactly how that shit storm started. I'm not going to get into it because it's passed, but my feelings about her have nothing to do with what type of genitalia she possesses. People have seen that little time bomb go off multiple times and I'm not the only one to point it out.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From reading a little of the previous few posts, I would've been a whole lot better off sitting here and not wasting my energy going to and fro from Arlington.

Guys, I failed miserably in getting us outta whatever funk it is we're in. In fact, it had all the outward appearances of getting worse.

This just might have been the worst game I've ever attended. Crowd sucked - in attendance/enthusiasm - and I'm guilty of giving up fast and easy. A totally lifeless game. When the "supposed" contest commenced, there couldn't have been 15K in their seats. And it went downhill from there and quickly.

Lordy.....dreadful performance; if you can even call it one.

My apologizes....I'll do better on my next trip.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate shitty baseball and the A's.

Well partner. You got a ration of both tonight.

Truly shitty BB and there wasn't/isn't a decent way of presenting the case.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donaldson-you are not allowed to go to any more games. Of course this game may have cured you from wanting to pay and go to more games. Might as well laugh about this sorry excuse of a series.

I've kinda banished myself.

Swear.....that was one sorry ass display of baseball. Headed by EA! Followed by Sir Prince, and I've gotta tell ya something.....AND I truly hate saying this....but our 3rd baseman is a mere shadow of himself. He's a 1st baseman in waiting.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know that Wash gets a lot of hate -- characterizing him as "shitty" certainly qualifies as hate, doesn't it? -- that I think is ignorant. If the sweep against the A's at home this week is attributed to our "shitty manager", what role did he play when we swept them at their place last week? What role did Wash play in getting the Rangers to two AL pennants?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that Wash gets a lot of hate -- characterizing him as "shitty" certainly qualifies as hate, doesn't it? -- that I think is ignorant. If the sweep against the A's at home this week is attributed to our "shitty manager", what role did he play when we swept them at their place last week? What role did Wash play in getting the Rangers to two AL pennants?

I wasn't referring specifically to this series. My dislike of wash goes back years. We've had this discussion over and over. I don't feel like getting into it now.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I missed this one... don't even want to know what happened.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've kinda banished myself.

Swear.....that was one sorry ass display of baseball. Headed by EA! Followed by Sir Prince, and I've gotta tell ya something.....AND I truly hate saying this....but our 3rd baseman is a mere shadow of himself. He's a 1st baseman in waiting.

Yeah I love Beltre but after we traded for Prince and signed Choo at some point I realized in a year or two we may have 3 DHs on the team. I guess with fielder at first he should be ok for a while (if he starts hitting ) and Choo will be able to hang on for at least 3 more seasons but hopefully more. Still be Beltre will likely be dh in 2016 if we pick up the option... might even be dh in 2015. Wonder who the next 3B will be... big shoes to fill.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never said you were in the klan. I said you were a racist. However, I think it may be time to back track and reconsider as I may have overreacted. My apologies to racists every where. The thing is you are just knee jerk baseball ignorant.
I thought about your dumbass the other night and your mind numbing call for him to be an every day player based on Fing ST results as I watched Señor Choice play LF with a meat cleaver and take terrible routes on fly balls. I also noticed you have been rather quiet on than front. A .200 BA and playing the outfield with a compass will tend to do that, won't it? Like I told you before, Slick, Wash has been doing this a long time and he may just know a wee bit more than the peanut gallery. An idea you will never grasp. Don't worry, my friend, you have lots of company in your little paddle boat. Ok, time for the committee to step in an bail your ass out, once again. :lol:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said you were in the klan. I said you were a racist. However, I think it may be time to back track and reconsider as I may have overreacted. My apologies to racists every where. The thing is you are just knee jerk baseball ignorant.
I thought about your dumbass the other night and your mind numbing call for him to be an every day player based on Fing ST results as I watched Señor Choice play LF with a meat cleaver and take terrible routes on fly balls. I also noticed you have been rather quiet on than front. A .200 BA and playing the outfield with a compass will tend to do that, won't it? Like I told you before, Slick, Wash has been doing this a long time and he may just know a wee bit more than the peanut gallery. An idea you will never grasp. Don't worry, my friend, you have lots of company in your little paddle boat. Ok, time for the committee to step in an bail your ass out, once again. :lol:

Well put. Not only has Wash been managing the team for a long time, but he's also had more success doing so than any previous Rangers manager.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do believe that Mr. Choice would benefit from AAA time now that we've seen what he can do with some regular playing time, the plate discipline is there but the hitting isn't and he's just god awful in the field

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe that Mr. Choice would benefit from AAA time now that we've seen what he can do with some regular playing time, the plate discipline is there but the hitting isn't and he's just god awful in the field

Agree JTA. AAA time would help him at this point in his career. The DL probably kept that from happening sooner. A healthy Adduci would have been a help with all that is going on so if he was playing I would be okay waiting on Choice to mature as a player.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking of Airport where I think it was Lloyd Bridges kept say it was a bad time to quit smoking, drinking and so on. Going to LA this is a bad time to have quit playing good, fundamental baseball.