• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NCAA's Blind Eye Attitude Toward The SEC

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes yes, give me more tears, they taste so great

250px-Scott_Tenorman_tears_South_Park.jpg

I never really understood this reaction. It is probably the biggest reason that cheating exists in CFB. Fans almost seem to relish the idea that they beat the NCAA and that the order of law has broken down.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else this A&M situation has shown all schools that if your players breaks the rules its best for everyone to play dumb and hope there is no paper trail. If you tell the truth you get punished, if you lie you can get away with most things. Good lesson.
-
Ohio State got hammered, because their coach was caught trying cover up the infractions. I thought they got off rather lightly compared to USC.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never really understood this reaction. It is probably the biggest reason that cheating exists in CFB. Fans almost seem to relish the idea that they beat the NCAA and that the order of law has broken down.

The order of law?!!! The NCAA is a freakin joke, making millions off these kids yet telling them they can't receive a ride to dinner yet their rules are the "order of law"?

Referring to NCAA regulations as the order of law is the funniest thing I have hear in a long time.

But I think I am remembering,

Thou shall not kill
Thou shall not commit adultery
and Thou shalt not receive anything from a booster.

:L

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The order of law?!!! The NCAA is a freakin joke, making millions off these kids yet telling them they can't receive a ride to dinner.

Referring to NCAA regulations as the order of law is the funniest thing I have hear in a long time.

Thou shall not kill

Wait, T Pryor taught me that "Everybody kills people." :confused:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The order of law?!!! The NCAA is a freakin joke, making millions off these kids yet telling them they can't receive a ride to dinner yet their rules are the "order of law"?

Thou shall not kill

-
Actually the NCAA makes next to nothign on college football. They make their money off college basketball. There are regulations in place. Whether people agree with them are hardly the pt. I was simply commenting that fans tend to get great joy when they beat the system. Those same fans will bitch that Bama or some other school are cheaters. In a perfect world fans would hold their own schools to the same standards they apply to others. If that happened, there would be not be a need to for the NCAA.

SECHATER12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thou shall not kill
and Thou shalt not receive anything from a booster. unless ur $cam newton

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone with no income and no cosigner will have a very hard time getting a loan. Well that is up north, maybe the loan rules are different down south.

I like how the article says "may". I can put a "may" on anything. 4down20 may be a woman in a mans body. See how that works.

"Suitgate" was investigated by Bama and they said nothing to see here. Well I really think the pics show different. The NCAA didn't have to ask?

rolltide has my 1st and 2nd favorite post ever now.

Thats true, so the dealership gives loaner cars to the stars up north, Never mind the signed jerseys on the walls at the dealership, we bought those.

Terrelle Pryor Was Pulled Over For Three Traffic Violations in ?Loaned Cars.? Ohio State Found No Wrongdoing. | The Big Lead

Funny how the northern "butthurt" fans (sorry hammer) seem to forget their indiscretions that turned out similar to SEC indiscretions that they themselves have a hard time believing are not violations. Time to move on, its the NCAA, there is nothing to be seen here.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats true, so the dealership gives loaner cars to the stars up north, Never mind the signed jerseys on the walls at the dealership, we bought those.

Terrelle Pryor Was Pulled Over For Three Traffic Violations in ?Loaned Cars.? Ohio State Found No Wrongdoing. | The Big Lead

Funny how the northern "butthurt" fans (sorry hammer) seem to forget their indiscretions that turned out similar to SEC indiscretions that they themselves have a hard time believing are not violations. Time to move on, its the NCAA, there is nothing to be seen here.

First it was a players indiscretion, not the fans. Second if Pryor was getting "free" cars then he should have been punished for that. Right now we assume he did but no proof. There is proof about JF.

You are right never anything to been seen when another SEC team cheats and lies.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First it was a players indiscretion, not the fans. Second if Pryor was getting "free" cars then he should have been punished for that. Right now we assume he did but no proof. There is proof about JF.

You are right never anything to been seen when another SEC team cheats and lies.

Really, the same NCAA that found no proof on Pryor, found no proof on JF. Please enlighten us as to your proof you know of. Not sticking up for the guy at all but lets call it like it is, every school gets a break at one time or another and tOSU is no different than any school you rail on constantly.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget particular conferences, teams and players for a moment and instead focus on the lunacy of the NCAA's policy period. ---- Here individual players are acting as the public face, spokespersons and attractions for multi-million dollar operations and we're groveling about free tattoos and a few bucks for an autograph.

This bullshit system has to change or preferably die due to irrelevancy.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my team had only 1 NC in 45 years and only 2 measley wins over a top 5 team in the past 35 years, I suppose I'd be a whiney bitch like OP Taylor and the bugeyes too.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Students can still get student loans and qualify for other financial aid. Car loans are especially easy to get, as in you don't even need credit to buy your first one. Quit thinking that anyone who has a little money is getting paid.

Trent Richardson was in a 2007 Yukon, not a 2011. Which you can get for under $20,000.

A Total Waste of Blog: Trent Richardson's Yukon May Not Actually Be As Pimp As SportsByBrooks Would Have You Believe

You gotta quit listening to people like Brooks who just drum up stories.

"Suitgate" was investigated, there was nothing to it. The NCAA didn't even have to ask the question because Alabama was already on it and answered it.

No evidence about JFF.

The deer antler thing was just funny. Again, no proof anyone bought or used anything.

I'm not saying stuff doesn't happen, but it happens everywhere and it's a matter of what can be proven and what can't.

naive - definition of naive by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have some maybes in there. When Pryor had his it was investigated, did that happen here?

Here's another sentence with a maybe in it:

MAYBE ellupo isn't the largest vagina on the message boards.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who still says "butthurt", btw? That word was popular in the 80's, from what I can remember.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,251.51
Fav. Team #1
Since we are kicking your ass, this means we are cheating? How come OSU didn't win the championship under Tressell's last year? If you want to be the man, you have got to beat the man (Nick Saban).

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who still says "butthurt", btw? That word was popular in the 80's, from what I can remember.

Yes, and a white texan calling himself any manner of "pimp" is so cutting edge.

Tell me, do you be pimpin hoes nationwide, like the Godfather did on WWE?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football Players Receive $17,000 Annually in Cash, all within NCAA Rules « HolyTurf

A full Pell Grant is worth $5,500 a year and never has to be repaid because it is a grant, not a loan. Football players get $5,500 each year to do with what they want.
If a football player qualifies for a Pell Grant, they also get $500 of clothing allowance each year. My memory fails me, but I am almost certain this money is from the conference.
Already established that it's more than enough money to get a car loan and pay a full year of the loan, and easily going to pay for a suit.

And that's not all either. They can give students gas money to travel home for the holidays and other such things when needed. Take someone like Trent Richardson who has kids, after they are a freshman, they can live outside the dorms - and get paid about $8000 a year for rent and other expenses. Oh, and another $3000 for the summer too, so roughly $11,000 a year.

So you know, you can call me naive all you want. In truth, you just don't know what the hell you are talking about and are gullible in thinking college players are/should be broke without any means at all. Like it or not, cars and suits are all easily paid for with this amount of money.