• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last of Us

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does.

As Frank so beautifully taught Bill, it’s paying attention to details that shows we love.

This show can be better. You can be better.
that episode might win an award somewhere down the line.

but the show ain't winning anything

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does.

As Frank so beautifully taught Bill, it’s paying attention to details that shows we love.

This show can be better. You can be better.
Whatever you say man. Keep watching a show that you hate lol.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be interesting if the people who are butthurt about the ADA and the dog scene are also butthurt by these things:

1. Kathleen was "overweight"
2. Sam is deaf in the show, not in the game
3. Tommy cares about Joel in the show, not in the game
4. Instead of guns, Joel is trying to get a car
5. Ellie getting bit a 2nd time, which didn't happen in the game
6. We never meet Frank in the game, but we see him in the show

I'd love to know if you are butthurt about these things and if not, why aren't you. This should be interesting.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be interesting if the people who are butthurt about the ADA and the dog scene are also butthurt by these things:

1. Kathleen was "overweight"
2. Sam is deaf in the show, not in the game
3. Tommy cares about Joel in the show, not in the game
4. Instead of guns, Joel is trying to get a car
5. Ellie getting bit a 2nd time, which didn't happen in the game
6. We never meet Frank in the game, but we see him in the show

I'd love to know if you are butthurt about these things and if not, why aren't you. This should be interesting.
injecting deaf representation is more "woke" than the Frank and Bill story...but I doubt you will see anyone clutching pearls over that

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that episode might win an award somewhere down the line.

but the show ain't winning anything
Best thing I’ve seen from HBO in years.

And somehow, nowhere near the gayest.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just make Joel a werewolf? It's fiction after all so who cares right?
totally the same thing

how does him being gay make him similar to a man eating monster...don't answer that.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever you say man. Keep watching a show that you hate lol.

This show just has a lot of laziness with details that I take umbrage with.

Hate is a very strong word. One I wouldn’t use to describe how I feel about this show.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
totally the same thing

how does him being gay make him similar to a man eating monster...don't answer that.
If a show is based on a game, I expect them to at least adhere to the basics of their main characters, that isn't such a large expectation. Sorry some of you are incapable of doing anything but white knighting something if it's pc but that's how I feel. I love the series so far, loved the episode with Ron Swanson (that's all he will ever be to me) and anticipate loving the rest of the series, but changing main characters in major ways is a big turn off for me. So yes, if Joel was suddenly gay, it would be a major issue with me.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a show is based on a game, I expect them to at least adhere to the basics of their main characters, that isn't such a large expectation. Sorry some of you are incapable of doing anything but white knighting something if it's pc but that's how I feel. I love the series so far, loved the episode with Ron Swanson (that's all he will ever be to me) and anticipate loving the rest of the series, but changing main characters in major ways is a big turn off for me. So yes, if Joel was suddenly gay, it would be a major issue with me.
but why?

does it make a difference to how the character acts? I don't think it does. He is still motivated to survive. His love life is not even part of the story so what does his sexual orientation matter?

would you be upset if Ellie was gay? Why?

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but why?

does it make a difference to how the character acts? I don't think it does. He is still motivated to survive. His love life is not even part of the story so what does his sexual orientation matter?

would you be upset if Ellie was gay? Why?
She is. And if they made her straight I would have the same issue.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you more upset that she was a black female ADA or that she was a 20-something ADA?
lol

The only actual thing to be upset about with this show is that they turned an interesting concept with an established backstory that was decent into generic zombie hollywood crap.

What's funny is HOW they're doing it.

In the game Maria is one of the leaders of one of the few settlements that exists in this post apocalyptic wasteland. Her and her dad founded the place and fixed up a dam to provide the settlement with electricity. She's also still Tommy's girlfriend.

But that wasn't good enough for this show I guess. They had to add former 20 year old assistant district attorney and presumably single mother (we didn't hear about a husband). Oh, and she did it as a black person in possibly the whitest state in the country.

If I read something like that in a script I'd assume it was an comedy sketch.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She is. And if they made her straight I would have the same issue.
again, it's a stupid thing to get upset about when it is all a big work of fiction.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

The only actual thing to be upset about with this show is that they turned an interesting concept with an established backstory that was decent into generic zombie hollywood crap.

What's funny is HOW they're doing it.

In the game Maria is one of the leaders of one of the few settlements that exists in this post apocalyptic wasteland. Her and her dad founded the place and fixed up a dam to provide the settlement with electricity. She's also still Tommy's girlfriend.

But that wasn't good enough for this show I guess. They had to add former 20 year old assistant district attorney and presumably single mother (we didn't hear about a husband). Oh, and she did it as a black person in possibly the whitest state in the country.

If I read something like that in a script I'd assume it was an comedy sketch.
you might be the only person stewing over that little tidbit though.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't sound like people are upset. Sounds like they were expecting more craft in the writing.
have you read Cave's posts?