• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Equalizer 2, Denzel has always been a good actor in good movies. You like good movies, that seems to make time past without knowing it, then it is worth your time.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started watching The Last Jedi on Netflix last night, think I still have an hour to go.
I can't stand how they treat space warface like WWII and the whole concept of the rebel bombers was just insanely stupid. Gravity weapons in space??
Story was only OK, and I hated the cute little birds at first sight.
I am curious about the Kylo-Rey link and am actually looking forward to watching the rest of the movie to see where they take it.
The return of Mark Hamill confirms for me that he just is not a very good actor, but it was still fun to see him.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, Tonya.

I couldnt help myself. I will watch Margo Robbie in anything. The movie is long and detailed but gives some additional perspective on Harding's life.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, Tonya.

I couldnt help myself. I will watch Margo Robbie in anything. The movie is long and detailed but gives some additional perspective on Harding's life.
I watched that about a week or so back. It was ok, but not as good as The Big Short, which had a very similar story-telling device. It was better than Battle of the Sexes, though, which was a similar subject matter.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched that about a week or so back. It was ok, but not as good as The Big Short, which had a very similar story-telling device. It was better than Battle of the Sexes, though, which was a similar subject matter.

I thought it was a great film. The best part is that much of it was true. It was that wierd.

"why meeeee??"

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a great film. The best part is that much of it was true. It was that weird.
"why meeeee??"
In many ways, Tonya is a more sympathetic figure than Kerrigan now.
Nancy was not all shady like Tonya and certainly did not deserve to be attacked, but she seems like a nasty person. I guess they both seem like people to stay away from...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started watching The Last Jedi on Netflix last night, think I still have an hour to go.
I can't stand how they treat space warface like WWII and the whole concept of the rebel bombers was just insanely stupid. Gravity weapons in space??
Story was only OK, and I hated the cute little birds at first sight.
I am curious about the Kylo-Rey link and am actually looking forward to watching the rest of the movie to see where they take it.
The return of Mark Hamill confirms for me that he just is not a very good actor, but it was still fun to see him.
Even Mark Hamill hates Mark Hamill in that flick.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nancy was not all shady like Tonya and certainly did not deserve to be attacked, but she seems like a nasty person. I guess they both seem like people to stay away from...
Lots of stories have come out through the years that Kerrigan was a total B and not a lot sympathy was directed at her after the attack in the community, but I am not going to go as far as to say Tonya is a more sympathetic person now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a great film. The best part is that much of it was true. It was that wierd.

"why meeeee??"
I didn’t think it was “great”, but it was interesting. I liked that they took some of the scenes from the film and showed the actual situations during the credits. The scenes in the film were word-for-word. Well done, and quite reminiscent of The Big Short.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The "Ice" princess.. :) Kerrigan came from sort of a privileged background. She was talented but she really only had one very beautiful routine that showed off her long lines and legs in a yellow outfit and she tried to milk it right up to the Olympics where she lost to Oksana Baiul who had a spectacular long routine. Yeah she was real good looking but you need more than that usually to win the gold.

Harding was definitely more colorful but I didn't realize how much until the movie. *Wow*

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t think it was “great”, but it was interesting. I liked that they took some of the scenes from the film and showed the actual situations during the credits. The scenes in the film were word-for-word. Well done, and quite reminiscent of The Big Short.

ok. I lived during that and had forgotten how weird it really was. The similarity between the real clips and the movie were mind-blowing for me. Alison Janey as the mother was also great. What a frigging bitch!

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "Ice" princess.. :) Kerrigan came from sort of a privileged background. She was talented but she really only had one very beautiful routine that showed off her long lines and legs in a yellow outfit and she tried to milk it right up to the Olympics where she lost to Oksana Baiul who had a spectacular long routine. Yeah she was real good looking but you need more than that usually to win the gold.

Harding was definitely more colorful but I didn't realize how much until the movie. *Wow*
Kerrigan looked better when she didn't smile.
Good summary...Nancy was more of a classical skater without the monster athleticism similar to Katarina Witt, but didn't flaunt her body as much and flirt with the judges like the latter.
Speaking of Katarina, one of my favorite Olympic moments was when Katarina was working as an announcer and made a comment about how maybe she would be a good match for Alberto Tomba, the skier who had relentlessly pursued her when she was a teenager much to her disgust, as he was getting to the stage in life when he should settle down with one woman.
Tomba's reply?
"She is TOO OLD."

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok. I lived during that and had forgotten how weird it really was. The similarity between the real clips and the movie were mind-blowing for me. Alison Janey as the mother was also great. What a frigging bitch!
There are few here who didn’t live through that whole thing. It was very odd. The two “moments” I remember most from the whole ordeal was Tonya holding her “prize” for the camera in her leaked video and the whine “broken shoelace” routine. I didn’t remember that they actually allowed her to go back and fix it before allowing her to restart the routine. I remembered her being SOL (I obviously remembered it wrong).

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are few here who didn’t live through that whole thing. It was very odd. The two “moments” I remember most from the whole ordeal was Tonya holding her “prize” for the camera in her leaked video and the whine “broken shoelace” routine. I didn’t remember that they actually allowed her to go back and fix it before allowing her to restart the routine. I remembered her being SOL (I obviously remembered it wrong).

Oh yeah. LOL. I forget what happened there too. I think she had to fix it as best she could and proceed where she bombed. I didn't know of her before hand so I didn't think she was as good as the movie showed her. i.e. she did the triple-axel a few times but could she really skate? :D

A real circus. I'm from Massachusetts so we were all for our little Nancy but I remember that same routine over and over again.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerrigan looked better when she didn't smile.
Good summary...Nancy was more of a classical skater without the monster athleticism similar to Katarina Witt, but didn't flaunt her body as much and flirt with the judges like the latter.
Speaking of Katarina, one of my favorite Olympic moments was when Katarina was working as an announcer and made a comment about how maybe she would be a good match for Alberto Tomba, the skier who had relentlessly pursued her when she was a teenager much to her disgust, as he was getting to the stage in life when he should settle down with one woman.
Tomba's reply?
"She is TOO OLD."

Yeah she was a hottie all right.. :nod:

Men's true appreciation of woman's figure skating... ;)

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
68 Kills. Fun and that bitch is crazy. 6.8/10

Skyscraper. 6.5/10

Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom. 7/10.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t worry he won’t get far on foot

Very good. With two fantastic performances

Phoenix is always amazing

But Hill continues to show that he’s legit one of the best around as well.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King of New York: 1.5/5 stars. A who's-who of '90s character actors- Christopher Walken, "Larry" Fishburne, David Caruso, Giancarlo Esposito, Wesley Snipes. It was like New Jack City, if New Jack City was bad. The ending was particularly "the fuck"-provoking

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game Night - I enjoyed this quite a bit. Don't know why they put the dog on the poster though since it was hardly in the movie. Everyone did good in their roles and thought that Rachel McAdams and Jason Bateman had good chemistry together. 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game Night - I enjoyed this quite a bit. Don't know why they put the dog on the poster though since it was hardly in the movie. Everyone did good in their roles and thought that Rachel McAdams and Jason Bateman had good chemistry together. 3.5 out of 5 stars.
I really liked it as well.