• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lakers Coming Back Is Not Automatic Any More

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the right to his opinion and since he's the moderator he also has the right to ban you - Just saying. Either way I did not think signing Nash was all that smart. I was leery of his age and ability to hold up. I am not a big fan of signing grandfathers. I prefer to see the Lakers signing some young bucks with some athleticism and potential or the future.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The moderator should set the example....just sayin

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread took place before the Superbowl. :L

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STFU? hey Trojankid grow up and watch your temper....:stfu: and stop insulting people that disagree with you. How old are you 12?

You drag a old thread out to try and call me out? First of all, TLF and I have been posting together since cbs and if TLF has an issue with anything I say, he knows full well that he is more than welcome to say so. He is perfectly capable of sticking up for himself and sure as hell doesn't need you to play white knight for him.

Here's how it's gonna work. I'll post what I want, when I want. If a poster has an issue with something that I say to them, they can let me know and you can stfu.

If that's a problem for you, you can feel free to gtfo.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you all need to STFU. Let's go watch Magic Mike

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: I guess that interception still has you boiling :nod:

You sound like a man that's never been married and never worked with women. Otherwise you would know when to lose an argument by walking away. Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war, but you might not understand what I'm saying

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading this thread.....JFC.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a long time - we all believed that the Lakers with their history would bounce back with an acquisition and become relevant, but It's not that simple or automatic any more even though I do believe that they will

1. The first problem is that Jerry Buss is not alive and running the team. It's now up to the children who do not have the intellectual and common sense that their father had. I like Jeannie Buss - but both her and her brother fell way short when they gave Kobe 50 million more for two years. That was money thrown away. I don't think even Kobe was expecting an offer that large. It was ridiculous and it showed that the kids did not have the tenacity and brains their father did. Go back a few years when Dr Buss refused to give Shaq more money because he was a player that was "DECLINING" Instead he jumped ship and rebuild under a proven star that was younger and athletic. I'm not saying Kobe is undeserving to paid, but come on now - that was ridiculous contract

2. These young players do not necessarily see Los Angeles as the place to win championships There are too many new owners with deep pockets and the willingness to pay for them to play. The Clippers and Warriors are two excellent sources. The Thunder not as much because they have already let their chance slipped by being to cheap to keep Harden and Chandler and Green if my memory is correct.

I think it's going to be tougher than this time around and the drought could easil go longer this time. Mabe even longer than the one between Magic Johnson era and the Shaq-Bryant era. I like Byron Scott and I still think he was the best choice for a head coach, but he did not bring the expertise and talent that Phil Jackson brought and it appears that he will need a few years to learn more about being a championship coach. He already wrecked Kobe's health for this year and sent the Lakers to the lottery. That's not a good start

:scratch:

:L

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound like a man that's never been married and never worked with women. Otherwise you would know when to lose an argument by walking away. Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war, but you might not understand what I'm saying

Truer words have never been spoken.