• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Good the Bad the Ugly

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this game as many of our games had a nice mix of everything.

Start with the bad

Red Zone offense
So many promising drives through these first two games to only see them turn it over or have to settle for a field goal.

Run Defense
Again just not quite what it was last year. Our guys are getting pushed back a bit and we have not done a great job of holding down the edge letting the RB get to the outside on a few plays.

Not sure why we were not using our new Full Back on those 2nd and 3rd and short plays. Seems stupid to have pulled him out on some of those plays.

Penalties--Once again some killer penalties that kept drives alive for our opponent. I understand with the aggressive style of our defense some of those are going to happen but the whole not getting back to the LOS when they are in hurry up or 12 men on the field type penalties are just dumb.

Honestly the last couple of games I have not been impressed with TJ Ward. Coverage wise seems to be getting a ton of penalties and when we ask him to blitz he just hasn't been making the tackle.

Now onto the Good!

Pass defense looks maybe even better than last year. I mean the list of QB's these guys not only the start of this year but when you add in how we closed out last year we have Rivers, Roethlisberger, Brady, Newton, Newton, and Luck. Some of the top QB's in the league and man they have all been rocked by this defense. And it isn't just the pass rush getting home but even when they don't our guys just seemed locked in for coverage.

Offensive Line
I don't think people are talking enough of just how improved this OL is this year. Siemian at times had all day to throw and there have been some holes in the run game that our RB's last year could only dream might happen once the entire year and now we are seeing huge holes every single game.

Sustaining drives
Another issue last year was the 3 and out. We have done a great job of sustaining drives and even though we haven't come away with points at least giving our defense some rest and making the opposing team have to drive the length of the field.

Booker
Nice bounce back game for this kid. Could have gone in a shell after how bad his first game was but coaches showed they trusted him and he went out and rewarded them with some very tough runs and a guy that showed maybe he can be a force that allows us to not have to run Anderson into the ground this season.

DT
Even with him hurting as much as he was. The guy came up with some big catches for us. You could tell he wasn't quite himself as he didn't have that top end speed but man he ran hard and caught the ball well.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good run down Carl. Think you hit most of them.

I thought TJ Ward played really well yesterday besides the two penalties on the long drive by the Colts. Todd Davis is really coming on strong now.

Our OL looked great early on. Garcia, Paradis and Weems really were buzzin there for a bit until early second half then got it together again.

Right now my biggest beef is just turning the ball over near the red zone. I guess it is better then turning it over on the opposite side of the field, but we gotta do better in the red zone. If we do better in the red zone early yesterday this game could have had a comfortable lead at the half.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe I forgot this guy...I guess because we have just come to expect greatness from him but Von Miller! This guy is showing early and often just how much he was worth getting signed to a long-term deal.

I mean just look at this stat line for the past 4 games

9 Sacks, 1 Interception, 3 Forced Fumbles, 10 QB Hits, and 4 Tackles for Loss.

He is reaching that level of not only HOF but being mentioned among the greatest ever if he continues down this path.

And the last 2 games when we have needed a big play this guy has delivered. Week 1 got ruined by the hands to the face penalty but man it is not just sacks but sacks at the right time when we need it most.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good run down Carl. Think you hit most of them.

I thought TJ Ward played really well yesterday besides the two penalties on the long drive by the Colts. Todd Davis is really coming on strong now.

Our OL looked great early on. Garcia, Paradis and Weems really were buzzin there for a bit until early second half then got it together again.

Right now my biggest beef is just turning the ball over near the red zone. I guess it is better then turning it over on the opposite side of the field, but we gotta do better in the red zone. If we do better in the red zone early yesterday this game could have had a comfortable lead at the half.

Man I keep forgetting people. You are right Todd Davis has done well. Has really minimized the loss of Trevathan with his play so far.

And Paradis and Garcia both took major leaps this year in their play on the field. Garcia has just been running over people and Paradis is quickly climbing that latter to be mentioned as maybe the best Center in the game. I mean right now he is actually the highest graded Center through 2 games. So I'm glad to see our young investments on the OL really paying off big time.

And with TJ Ward I guess maybe it is just that my expectations are too high. Just last year it seemed like if he got his hands on a QB when he blitzed the QB went down. I've seen now a couple of times him come at the QB and just get thrown to the side. Now given Newton and Luck are 2 of the bigger/stronger QB's in the league but those misses have lead to a couple of big plays.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also interesting stat...Through 2 games there is only 1 team in the league that has more drives that have made it to the opponents 36 yard line or closer. Right now the Broncos have 13 drives through 2 games and the Chargers are #1 with 14.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
need to start getting some TDs when we are 30 yards or less. I know one of the knocks on Kubiak's offense is that it is great between the 20s but stalls in the red zone

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
need to start getting some TDs when we are 30 yards or less. I know one of the knocks on Kubiak's offense is that it is great between the 20s but stalls in the red zone

Even so there have been opportunities that just have been missed. A few times the WR has been open and we just haven't had the throw. The windows get tighter down by the goal line but that doesn't mean we should be missing a WR by 4-5 yards. This past game Siemian had Sanders with about 2-3 steps on the Corner and just decided to pretty much throw it away. Seems like Siemian is so worried about making a mistake that in the end he ends up making a mistake.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have closed the game out yesterday with a first down on 3rd and 1 from the 25. Colts were getting far too much push all day.

Why is Denver playing man on 3rd and 20 . Last week they were playing man as well on 4th and 21. Also Stewart has turned into Malik Jackson with his PF penalties. No reason what so ever to hit Luck when he was sliding right in front of Talib.

Our Dline would be exposed if not for the great play of our LBers.

Never been a fan of yards equating to points like Shanahan was rationalizing his offenses.

If this offense ever got up by 2 TDs, our front seven would have 10 sacks and our secondary would have 3 INTs.

Lucky the Colt's DB pulled up lame or that was an easy pick 6.

Virgil Green made some great plays yesterday.

Our running game is right on schedule. Need to turn those yards into points.

Von made his money yesterday as well as Talib. Wonder have that All Pro Mack is doing in OAK.

I can feel it now. Our offense is about to explode for 22 points per game. LOL