• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Free For All MLB Draft : CHAT

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was constantly hurt when competing. It was a running joke in my family - they even gave me a t-shirt that was the NBA logo - but
Freshman - Dislocated shoulder (football)
Sophomore - Cracked finger (Basketball)
Junior - Bruised lung (Cross Country), Sprained ankles (Basketball), Concussion (softball)
Senior - Flu (Basketball), Concussion (Basketball), Cracked Wrist (Basketball), Torn shoulder ligs (Baseball - played last half of the season with it, didn't miss a game, coach shoulda been the adult and pulled me to let me get healthy as I just wanted to play - who cares if you can't feel your fingers!)
Man - I'm missing some, but can't think of them right now.....

So add concussion

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hit a game winning 3 with a cracked shooting wrist when I was a senior. It was a beauty - hurt like hell!

I was constantly hurt when competing. It was a running joke in my family - they even gave me a t-shirt that was the NBA logo - but the man was on crutches.

Freshman - Dislocated shoulder (football)
Sophomore - Cracked finger (Basketball)
Junior - Bruised lung (Cross Country), Sprained ankles (Basketball), Concussion (softball)
Senior - Flu (Basketball), Concussion (Basketball), Cracked Wrist (Basketball), Torn shoulder ligs (Baseball - played last half of the season with it, didn't miss a game, coach shoulda been the adult and pulled me to let me get healthy as I just wanted to play - who cares if you can't feel your fingers!)

Man - I'm missing some, but can't think of them right now.....

I only had 2 injuries from sports. I remember I fractured my ankle during a road game and while it hurt I remember the crowd taunting me while I was on the floor more than the injury. I had never experienced anything like it, it was my first view into life might be different than my small town had led me to believe.

Who the fuck taunts an injured person? let alone when their team was beating us by 20, it is not like anything was on the line there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only had 2 injuries from sports. I remember I fractured my ankle during a road game and while it hurt I remember the crowd taunting me while I was on the floor more than the injury. I had never experienced anything like it, it was my first view into life might be different than my small town had led me to believe.

Who the fuck taunts an injured person? let alone when their team was beating us by 20, it is not like anything was on the line there.

Those are some hardcore fans. Never heard fans taunt an injured player other than drunken college football fans hating on a rival. I have been to a Bama-LSU game in Baton Rouge, I didn’t believe people could be so hateful until I went there lol.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So add concussion

No, I've only had 2 concussions that I know of. Getting elbowed on the top of the head, by two players at the same time, going for a rebound and driving head first into a steel pole while catching a foul ball....

I remember two more - dislocated nose in baseball as a junior (ran face first into a wooden advertisement on the outfield fence, guy playing centerfield didn't warn me that the fence was coming and once you step on the warning track at full speed you're basically screwed).

Also had a nasty infection on my knee from sliding into first on a pickoff play during practice while a senior. Probably wouldn't have been so bad if I had gotten it cleaned out immediately, but like an idiot I didn't. I could barely bend my knee at all and it hurt like the dickens. I remember the nurse having me put my leg over the sink and just pouring the peroxide right into the wound - man it just pussed and pussed. Had to put clean bandages on it constantly (for some reason the girls loved watching me change it just so they could get grossed out :noidea:).

Good times. I usually look back at my injuries fondly - kind've a badge of honor, but there could be a correlation between the number of injuries I had as a kid and the aches and pains I have now :nod: I will say, my messed up knee was from tearing my right meniscus as an adult - so can't blame that on high school.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read an article about the Championship Games this weekend entitled "Biggest winner and losers from NFL Championship Sunday". It was literally that the Eagles and Patriots were the winners and the Vikings and Jaguars were the losers, because, well they won and lost the game. WTF?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're you in Philly?

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 biggest plays all day for the patriots were questionable pi calls.

None of you guys have mentioned the biggest officiating blunder. Myles Jack was not touched when he got possession of the fumble and would've returned it for a TD to make it 27-10 and game, set, match. At least don't blow the play early since you can always bring the ball back if he was down like in the Tennessee/KC game. Of course Nantz is a member of Patriots nation like the refs were so this was not even mentioned on the broadcast.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of you guys have mentioned the biggest officiating blunder. Myles Jack was not touched when he got possession of the fumble and would've returned it for a TD to make it 27-10 and game, set, match. At least don't blow the play early since you can always bring the ball back if he was down like in the Tennessee/KC game. Of course Nantz is a member of Patriots nation like the refs were so this was not even mentioned on the broadcast.

To be fair an early whistle on a fumble is called a Lionsing. Next year they will double down by the Lionsing also leading to a 10 second runoff,. but only when applied to the Lions.

We don't need the officials help to lose, but by god they will do it anyway.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big penalty was the one where Bouye kinda forced the WR out of bounds, I thought it was a good play by Bouye not a penalty but in the end the Pats playcalling was just a hell of a lot better late in the game.
The other long penalty was on Ramsey and that was just stupid on his part to grab the WR but that didn’t even lead to points.

So essentially there was on questionable call at the end of the 1st half right after Church targeted Gronk and knocked him out.

The Jags were somewhat conservative in the 2nd half, I hate when teams do this bc the Pats absolutely thrive against teams like this.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big penalty was the one where Bouye kinda forced the WR out of bounds, I thought it was a good play by Bouye not a penalty but in the end the Pats playcalling was just a hell of a lot better late in the game.
The other long penalty was on Ramsey and that was just stupid on his part to grab the WR but that didn’t even lead to points.

So essentially there was on questionable call at the end of the 1st half right after Church targeted Gronk and knocked him out.

The Jags were somewhat conservative in the 2nd half, I hate when teams do this bc the Pats absolutely thrive against teams like this.

It's not about what was called. It's about what wasn't called. Zero penalties against the Patriots from scrimmage. No holdings. There were a few plays that should've been pass interference against Mercedes Lewis. Penalty yardage was like 100-10. They figure if they don't call much of anything in the game they can just blame in on that they were "letting them play" and not the fact that there was zero chance they were ever calling the Patriots for anything.

Last edited:

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Example: Clear and obvious hold against New ENgland on the 3rd and 9 that ended the game. What the official had to given up to call this? A kidney? His wife? His kids?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Example: Clear and obvious hold against New ENgland on the 3rd and 9 that ended the game. What the official had to given up to call this? A kidney? His wife? His kids?

It's worse than when NBA refs were involved with gambling.

I'll be proud of myself if I don't wantch the SB. But I probably will.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skipping Nos.

I texted Meebs

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree, the biggest penalty, the one that cost the Jags the game, was the delay of game at the end of the first half on a play where Jax converted third and long deep in Patriots territory. It looked like the flag came out late, normally the play is blown dead. Even if the Jags don't score a TD, their kicker is nails, they'd have gone in to the half up 17-3 at worst. Instead, they replay 3rd and long from midfield, get sacked, punt, and watch NE score a TD. 14-10 instead of 17-3

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, the biggest penalty, the one that cost the Jags the game, was the delay of game at the end of the first half on a play where Jax converted third and long deep in Patriots territory. It looked like the flag came out late, normally the play is blown dead. Even if the Jags don't score a TD, their kicker is nails, they'd have gone in to the half up 17-3 at worst. Instead, they replay 3rd and long from midfield, get sacked, punt, and watch NE score a TD. 14-10 instead of 17-3

Or when Jack stripped the ball and was heading down the field but it was blown dead for no reason.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I didn’t see that one. That is pretty awful.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah that was a pretty huge one but wasn’t that a legit penalty regardless if the whistle should have been blown? I thought it was a bang bang call, but usually they let those slide and that play should have counted.
It’s not like it is a surprise the Pats usually get the calls in their favor just like the Warriors in basketball or MJ’s Bulls. Trying to keep the dynasty going apparently. Maybe Bellichoke paid them off. That dirty bastard