• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Dodgers look like bums

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
st.louis and green bay fan :laugh3:

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using the injury excuse is so homerish. STL was without Chris Carpenter, Furcal, and Motte for the entire year, and Garcia departed early in the season. If Philly would have developed a minor league system like they did in St' Louis, then you might have won 9-18 more games. All the strong 24 year old or younger pitchers....STL is set to dominate for years to come. Especially when they address their only glaring hole at SS in the off season.
GO CARDS ! ! ! ! ! :yahoo:
My injury excuse seems homerish but there's much truth in it - unlike STL, the phillies had no depth anywhere to replace their key players and were reluctant to bring up young talent when some was available. Mayberry .227, Galvis .216, Frandsen .232, Kratz .213, and Nix .180, managed almost 1000 ABs and were experts at getting Philadelphians to say goddamn and wtf, especially in the late innings. I won't bother talking relief pitching. There is some hope with new players Asche .235, Ruf .245, and Hernandez .289, but time will tell.

STL seems to be able to bring 21 year olds who immediately make an impact, a credit to their front office, farm system, and scouts. Philly is slow to bring up the young guys so they miss opportunities but give guys a shot who've proven little and who've been around too long. Hey, ss JRoll is available for trade, guaranteed 150 hits/yr/excellent field; no, wait, we have no known backup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brahmabull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats with the dodgers hate? They are much better than us and deserve to be where they're at.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats with the dodgers hate? They are much better than us and deserve to be where they're at.

No Dodger hate here. My initial comment was made in the first inning of game 2 after the Dodgers struck out twice in the top of the inning, then in the bottom of the inning, Carpenter triple to center and it looked as if the ball was playing Dodger CF Shumaker. Certainly, neither team played like bums in this 1-0 game.